Yingluck seeks Constitutional Court's extension of deadline for defending herself

webfact

She requests an extension on the day she is due in Court to defend herself . . . and hasn't even gone herself . . . just sent the Lawyers along . . . again . . . I think this would be contempt of Court in most other countries.

I totally agree with you on this one. As it would be contempt of Court Suthep's action in his case...

In both cases they play a game against institutions, just stressing on the fact that everyone in this country pay no respect for whichever institution. Sad, terribly sad.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She requests an extension on the day she is due in Court to defend herself . . . and hasn't even gone herself . . . just sent the Lawyers along . . . again . . . I think this would be contempt of Court in most other countries.

The Commissions, such as the NACC, need Senate approval. The CC, as per Bangkok Pundit, doesn't need 60% of the Senate approving as it relates to Thawil's transfer. Hence, it is expected this transgression, while not an impeachment, will remove her from office. Her attorney's will try to delay this as much as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Perfectly legal to ask for an extension.

Perfectly legal to have your lawyers represent you at a hearing.

Actually she is probably stalling until the big wig lawyer arrives from oz .

Skippy the bush kangaroo.

After all it's just a kangaroo court.

A kangaroo court will be a vast improvement on the summary executions at Thaksin directions during the so-called eradication of drugs and along with a couple of other infamous mass executions in the South, again following the nod from Thaksin .

So lets just hope she is found guilty during the hearing and not before - Red Rabble style.

• Like 2

Big surprise. whistling.gif

Hopefully, the court will say no.

Probably still rolling around the floor in hysterical laughter...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Maybe issue a bench warrant for her arrest and for her physical presence in court. Hopefully the court will say 'hell no' to any extension and tell her to get her cloned a$$ in here.

I am awaiting yingluck's, demand/instruction to the courts, for action which meets the agreement of the majority of the voters who brought PTP and herself to its present state of predicted imment collapse.

I have always wondered what the court personnel do when they grant a last minute delay/extension, Golf, go to the gymn, take a bus tour, another of the mysteries of how the system truly works

Edited by slapout

I am awaiting yingluck's, demand/instruction to the courts, for action which meets the agreement of the majority of the voters who brought PTP and herself to its present state of predicted imment collapse.

I have always wondered what the court personnel do when they grant a last minute delay/extension, Golf, go to the gymn, take a bus tour, another of the mysteries of how the system truly works

"massage parlor" or other "gentleman's" club :)

Yingluck seeks extension of time to make defense

yingluck-14-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Thursday asked the Constitutional Court for 15 more days to prepare documents and evidence to defend herself in the case of unlawful transfer of former national security chief Thawil Pliensri.

She is scheduled to defend herself in the case of Thursday.

But today, she designated her lawyers to submit a request to the court saying she needed more time to prepare evidences.

The court has yet to consider whether to approve the request.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-seeks-extension-time-make-defense/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-17

She is baiting the court and holding them in contempt again. If her wish is not granted she will use that to incite the 200 000 strong armed street gang.

She is a Shin, she belongs in jail where she can no longer damage the country and silence the voice of the majority.

She gave 30 days for Thawil to pack his bags and get out of his office when he was transferred. He asked for more time and it was not granted.

The world does not revolve around you yingluck. You have had time. Maybe some less time celebrating songkhan and being welcomed around Chaing Mai at temples and feeding that temperamental easily hurt personality of yours would have allowed time to prepare a defense.

I can imagine her reasons at the court house. I was on holidays sorry. She is still on holidays and sends her lawyers. Contempt.

"She is baiting the court and holding them in contempt again. If her wish is not granted she will use that to incite the 200 000 strong armed street gang.

She is a Shin, she belongs in jail where she can no longer damage the country and silence the voice of the majority."

What is this alleged majority you keep on quoting, I see no evidence of it? And why should she belong in jail, for being a "Shin" (you do know the forum rules about using the proper names for people don't you?)

Likewise any evidence for your statement that he asked for more time, or is it just another throwaway line with no backup, just hoping someone will believe you.

Still it's against the PTP/Thaksin/UDD so you'll argue the toss. Why back up a guy that's just stirring the pot for his masters - he doesn't even want the job and he retires in less than 6 months

"Indeed, I don't want to return to the position, but after having fought for two and a half years for justice, I should. Many people in the bureaucratic system share the same fate as me," he said. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thawil-wins-reinstatement-new-hot-potato-for-premi-30228693.html

Contempt, yes I've plenty.

But brains.........clap2.gif

• Like 1

Perfectly legal to ask for an extension.

Perfectly legal to have your lawyers represent you at a hearing.

Actually she is probably stalling until the big wig lawyer arrives from oz .

Skippy the bush kangaroo.

After all it's just a kangaroo court.

Severely braindead.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It might well be, in fact it's probably a stoning offence somewhere, but this is Thailand and even though her name ends in Shinawatra, the judiciary haven't quite stooped that low, ..............................yet.

So your saying that if a court (anywhere in the world) charges someone with contempt of court then that would be a low action.

Suggest you rethink the concepts of 'equal application of the law' / 'total respect for the law'.

I suggest you come back with a link stating that she has been charged with contempt of court and then we'll have something to talk about. In the meantime it's just all hot air.

Yingluck requests testimony postponement
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has requested a postponement of her testimony over her alleged violation of the constitution in connection with the transfer of National Security Council secretary-general Thawil Pliensri.

Constitutional Court chief spokesman Pimol Thammapitakpong said Yingluck's lawyer submitted a petition with the court on Friday requesting her defence statement be postponed 15 days from April 18.

The court has been asked to rule on whether Yingluck's order to transfer Thawil constitutes a breach of Article 268 of the constitution.

She faces being suspended in accordance with Article 182 (7) of the constitution.

In requesting the delay, Yingluck said she needed more time to prepare documentation as she had to make copies of Supreme Administrative Court documents and the court was closed for the long Songkran holiday.

The Constitutional Court president has the authority to call a special judicial meeting to consider the petition or assign a particular judge to make the decision.

The court may rule on whether to allow the postponement before the deadline and may allow a partial postponement.

The court accepted to rule on the case on April 3 and will resume work on April 23 after Songkran.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-17

I think she is hoping that she can drag it out till an election and then hopes her team will be given power and she can give a big middle finger to everyone. No talk about any future elections should even be contemplated till the numerous court cases are dealt with and finished and the red shirts are quiet. Shin's removed, reforms started - as soon as possible please.

If she is within the law then she has the right to mount the best defense she can.

There are millions of court cases where the defendant see further legal advice.

The problem with the hanging kangaroo court judges on here can't see past their holy bible the complelty unbiased nation news paper now to mention the holiest of holies bluesky channel where every word the great peoples medium utters has you all drooling.

What the devil are you smoking? Millions of court cases against sitting care taker prime ministers?! ' holie bibles!! &lt;deleted&gt; are you on about? You need to go back and pick up another load of BS.

• Like 1

If she is within the law then she has the right to mount the best defense she can.

There are millions of court cases where the defendant see further legal advice.

The problem with the hanging kangaroo court judges on here can't see past their holy bible the complelty unbiased nation news paper now to mention the holiest of holies bluesky channel where every word the great peoples medium utters has you all drooling.

What the devil are you smoking? Millions of court cases against sitting care taker prime ministers?! ' holie bibles!! <deleted> are you on about? You need to go back and pick up another load of BS.

Don`t bother......he is just a p..p..p..p..pparot.rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Well it is a kangaroo court anyway so she might as well treat it as it behaves. The whole system is a joke, from 'elections' to coup, must be so hard for thinking Thais to go elsewhere in the world and see how it really works, and explain why it is how it is in Thailand .....

• Like 2

...Needs more time to bribe the Court, money is on it's way coming from Dubai...banks were closed for Songkran...Oooooooh!

But who would deliver it ?

Last time they tried that it was rejected and the cake box delivery boys got banged up.

The thinking is probably that extensions of time worked with the AG office over the illegal passport for big brother so it should work again.