Good girlfriend car?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you also have a look at the Suzuki Swift?

If so, how did it compair to the Honda City?

Of all the Eco cars I like the swift the most,

At 92 hp 118 torque and 1020 kg with full options is one of the best performing Eco cars

It also rides nice. and feels solid

It has two fatal flaws IMO,

A) it does not come with ABS in the MT version, not a problem for me because I want an AT

BUT

B)If I understand the specifications corectly it only has airbag on the driver side, to get a passenger side airbag you need to buy the top of the line GLX which carries a price tag of ฿ 560,000

I dont know if I would feel right driving and feeling safe while my wife seats on the passenger side with out an airbag, and I would certainly not buy a car with out ABS.

If I have to spend ฿560.000 for the swift I find my self again looking at the CITY for about the same money

A shame because I really like the car

I am away at work and will not be in Thailand until this summer to personally check this car out, all the info I have is from second hand info, so please some one set me straight if I am wrong about the airbags.

My car only has an airbag on the passengers side. And she never shuts up!!

They double up as 'curse control' toolaugh.png

• Like 2

Matter of taste, but Suzuki Swift is my GF's favorite – and I agree – looks smart, a little like a Mini Cooper and affordable even as automatic... wink.png

I drive my wife's swift most of the time in preference to my honda. Only 2 seconds slower to 100 km/h, and the civic has over 60HP more. It's fun to drive. Pity there is no manual version with twin airbags and abs.

• Like 1

I had a feeling you had lived here long enough to know better?

If you enjoy seeing new scratches/dents unbelievably bad driving not one iota of cleanliness and a complete disregard for property then by all means just get her a Merc you dulces!

I guess when your old and you trying to keep some young thing, you need to impress them by buying them cars, homes and etc to keep them happy. But would you do the same thing in your country. Of course not, so why here.

• Like 1

I guess when your old and you trying to keep some young thing, you need to impress them by buying them cars, homes and etc to keep them happy. But would you do the same thing in your country. Of course not, so why here.

Yes and no, just look at this NBA big shot owner in the US, he bought a Ferrari and a Bentley among other things for his girl friend.

So yes old guys have to buy expensive toys in order to entertain a beautiful lady but they do it all over the world.

Best car, a taxi.

1, Best car, Honda City or Toyota Vios.

2. If your g/f is choosing it will be down to peer pressure status and face, price will beat practicality everytime.

3. If she lives in Bkk dont even bother with a car.

Lets assume 700k depriciating at 10% pa, thats 6k per month, 2k per month for insurance, another 2k per month for gas and servicing and spares.

Thats 10k per month, thats a heck of a lotta taxis.

Never mind, your money, do as you wish.

The ladies are NOT interested in your figures, sadly.............sad.png ............smile.png

Thats the beauty of Thailand, the ladies are like buses, there will always be another round the corner.

For the OP, make sure its in your name, any shop that gives you the farang cannot own crap, walk away, even better get your teerak to take out a loan and she can pay for it.

When she pisses you off, walk away.

What the fox is a GF car?

edited due to new sw spell check.

My philosophy is a little bit different. car and insurance MUST be in her name. She is a new driver and the day she rear end a Mercedes S-Class with red plates, I will have zero exposure.

If she pisses me off, she can pack her bags and drive away!

But why buy her a brand new car as she is a new driver...go down to a car auction and buy her a 2nd hand car she can drive for a year or two...

• Like 1

The Mazda 2 or 3 is good. And what about the new Yaris? Toyota is reliable and it's a good looking girlie car.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your on the money mate, definitely a Toyota you just can't kill them and that's what you need in Thailand something that's reliable because there mechanics are lot to be desired for...

Did you also have a look at the Suzuki Swift?

If so, how did it compair to the Honda City?

Of all the Eco cars I like the swift the most,

At 92 hp 118 torque and 1020 kg with full options is one of the best performing Eco cars

It also rides nice. and feels solid

It has two fatal flaws IMO,

A) it does not come with ABS in the MT version, not a problem for me because I want an AT

BUT

B)If I understand the specifications corectly it only has airbag on the driver side, to get a passenger side airbag you need to buy the top of the line GLX which carries a price tag of ฿ 560,000

I dont know if I would feel right driving and feeling safe while my wife seats on the passenger side with out an airbag, and I would certainly not buy a car with out ABS.

If I have to spend ฿560.000 for the swift I find my self again looking at the CITY for about the same money

A shame because I really like the car

I am away at work and will not be in Thailand until this summer to personally check this car out, all the info I have is from second hand info, so please some one set me straight if I am wrong about the airbags.

My car only has an airbag on the passengers side. And she never shuts up!!

They double up as 'curse control' toolaugh.png

^^^^cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Thanks for the chuckle to both to both of yousmile.png

• Like 2

If you are paying for the car with cash, make sure the vehicle is registered in your name, and the car is something you are happy to drive.

We have just bought a Ford Fiesta 1.5L Sport. Wife chose the colour from 2 colours I liked. But she still likes to drive my 8 year old Isuzu D-Max 4 x 4. Surprising really, because she is only 150 cms tall, and weighs 38 kgs. But...........her driving is very good, and I judge that from being an Approved Driving Instructor in the UK many years ago.