New Hardware house

dazk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want the real hardware house experience it is worth the drive out the 36 towards Rayong, massive and very impressive store, probably just as quick to get to from Pattaya as the Ban Amphur one.

I would say the new store is as big as the rayong one

Sent from my Z130 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nah, it's not even half the size, does not carry near the range of products either.

Not fully finished yet not sure what's happening to the home mart side of the store and its a hardware house extra whatever that means

Went there a couple of times.totally lacking in most items usually stopped. Staff doesn't speak Jackshit of English & the don't understand Thai a s well. I couldn't convey the word hose clamp so My Thai girl tried still didn't work. I had a clamp in my back box(broken) & they still were lost. They don't have much in shower supplies or tools either. I hardly doubt any off the major hardare home improvements would even remotely be intimidated or think they would lose any business to this place. It is only 5 minutes from my house but I still come to Pattaya to get supplies. some of the Mom & Pops shops have a better selection. Dissapointment comes to mind .

The new one. Been there 3 times pretty much skunked all 3 times. Went there when it first opened & not much changed for the better but it isn't a huge shop & the person that purchaces gear does not have a clue what to order. Our contractor says the same even for Thai's the shop is a waste of space. It looks nice & all but it could be a dump for all I care if they carry the normal needed items on my list. The 2 choices for a sink faucet I wanted were 800 baht more than anywhere & not any better quality & the other choice was the 170 baht lowest quality faucet for 250 baht. if your going that way Sattahib isn't that much further & has way more in the smaller shops to look at. At least the tool selection is way better. Just seems like the shop was a bored afterthought & not researched on what craftsman & household users need.

It sounds to me more like a HWH franchise. That Baan Amphur homemart has always been an overpriced dump, so if this is a franchise run by the sistersm that is all what you can expect.

HWH in Rayong is really superb, been there again today and you can find there so many items you can't even dream about in any other hardware store in Thailand.

Prices are also very good, especially on small items, which are about half price from HP or HW.

Don't think we are in the same shop its not fully open and stocked yet

dazk, just stop it,

are you in any way involved with this "not fully open and stocked" place?

1000% to Beardog and JesseFrank! edit: and LennyW, of course!

Edited by Chonburiram

I think the OP has been a victim of the Random Capitalisation that TV offers on thread subjects... or else a simple keyboard error. Note that in the text of the OP, the reference is to 'hardware house' as in a house that supplies hardware whereas the subject says 'Hardware house' thus kicking off all the frothing and barking from the DIY aficionados.

It's not a new branch of Hardware House.

It's a Siam Cement Group "Home Solutions" store.

I need to edit my previous post.

I called in there yesterday and bought a few paint brushes. Big sign outside says "SCG Home Solutions" .

This morning I noticed that the plastic bag and invoice both have "Hardwarehouse" printed on them.

Confusing.

There is a huge new store at Amata on the 331 called MEGA Home. Gone past a few times recently coming into Pattaya one of the biggest I've seen.Will try to stop and have a look in

the next few weeks.

Great! Please let us know if you do stop by. Sounds interesting.

Getting back to the operation in Ban Amphur

Stopped by yesterday and it appears it is just another renovation to the existing store. Two years ago they renovated and enlarged the store and basically closed down their retail operation for six months. I could not believe that they could afford to just stop selling retail for that long and expect their customers not to find an alternative. I know I sure did and to this day only visit them when I am desperate for something. Considering the lack of other customers I am not the only one

The "Home Mart " designation is just a franchise that is offered by Siam Cement Group and is not a real franchise like 7-11 or McDonalds but is more of a "co-operative" for buying power. What this new Hardware House Extra means is beyond me. But if their implementation is a poor as the last re-incarnation I don't hold much hope for a real hardware "super store" this far South of Pattaya

Anyone that can read Thai may be able to get a better idea of what they are up to based upon the second advertising sign posted below

post-10942-0-44606000-1398124663_thumb.j post-10942-0-62363800-1398124726_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

To get to the brand new 'Hardware House' Store one has to walk right through to the back of the old HomeMart shop, it is now two shops under the one roof. The store is pretty amazing, they have product in there I have not seen in any other home store. They are due to open properly on the 11th but it is well worth a walk round even now.

Home Mart is still there and run by the same lady boss but it seems to now be called 'Home Solutions' There is also an Office Station place in there as well.

The tool selection alone is mind blowing, they have everything covered from table and band saws, to vertical drills, hoists and jacks of every shape and size, step ladders cheaper than I have seen anywhere else, all manner of crimping tools and terminals even the heat shrink sleeve for cable joints and led lights to name just a few of the items I can remember.