Vendor Killed By Drunk-Driving MBK Manager

Lite Beer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black Mercedes = @#$hole. Add a red plate and means huge @#$hole. Every close call I have had in driving in BKK has been with Rich jerks in German cars. No matter. The rich can still kill whoever they want in Thailand. Hope some day people driving cars that could pay for 500 medical operations for the poor will become targets.

A female relative of Mr. Chaidole later arrived at the police station and expressed her willingness to pay any compensation to Ms. Yaowalak. She also asked the reporters not to photograph Mr. Chaidole, explaining that she does not want the incident to make it to the news as she is a high-ranking military officer.

Do I detect a bit of Hi-So here? Totally disgusting. I hope it is on every television station news report and in every newspaper front page.

Photos of both of them I hope....MBK manager & the hi-so high ranking military officer.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

:))...They're in a different world......terrible self serving people.....rich and trash!

Sometimes it is just ghastly to be around some people.

His insurance company will pay for all damages up to the insured amount. And maybe some other restitution will be paid. And that will be the end of it.

Really the way it should be I think. This man will never forget this, and it will haunt him. Forever. No sense and damaging more lives by dragging it out. Like some places in the world. Past is past.

I am sure the family and dependents of the deceased will agree. thumbsup.gif After all, the insurance will pay ...

Apart from the r. sole who was drunk, and the injured, the thing that touched me most was what this guy worked so hard for, to help take care and give financial help to his brother who is disabled.

Crying shame that people have to blunt this, when the government should take care of these people. The poor guy that was seriously injured just for doing his stinking job.

This guy should now have to toil all his life to support the dead mans family. + pay for the business he destroyed. Whatever treatment can be given to the injured guy--no expense spared.

Agreed, and he should be made to pay monthly by direct debit, to serve as a constant reminder.

• Like 2

13978944411397895094l.jpg

"Mr. Chaidole was initially unable to give testimony to the police because he was heavily intoxicated, said police. A breathalyzer test revealed that Mr. Chaidole's blood alcohol level exceeded the legal limit at the time of the accident."

Nnnnnnnnhhhhh, aaaaaaaawwwwww,..... look how this poor killer suffers from such a deadly alcohol intoxication,... C'mon guys, he is seriously mentally-intoxicated-unable-excuuused-retarded to be thinking straight, Alcoholi-Intoxi-karma has made him soooooo unable to judge that drinking and driving can have such consequences, while his sissy relative is trying everything in her might to avoid for the MBK family to lose face...

Poor Suffering MBK intoxicated Manager,.... you just killed an innocent vendor victim, but your influential family will just bail you out because "everybody in Thailand knows who your father is."

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 2

His insurance company will pay for all damages up to the insured amount. And maybe some other restitution will be paid. And that will be the end of it.

Really the way it should be I think. This man will never forget this, and it will haunt him. Forever. No sense and damaging more lives by dragging it out. Like some places in the world. Past is past.

I am sure the family and dependents of the deceased will agree. thumbsup.gif After all, the insurance will pay ...

Do insurance companies pay out in Thailand after an accident where the operator of the vehicle was DUI (under the influence) certainly not in Canada and he'd be facing serious charges and maybe time in a 10 x 10 space for a while. He should be required to compensate the poor victim's family the exact value of that smashed up pile of <deleted> he was driving.

Pathetic people.

Black Mercedes = @#$hole. Add a red plate and means huge @#$hole. Every close call I have had in driving in BKK has been with Rich jerks in German cars. No matter. The rich can still kill whoever they want in Thailand. Hope some day people driving cars that could pay for 500 medical operations for the poor will become targets.

I resent that you judge rich people and Mercedes drivers as being jerks just because one poor person in an old Mercedes crashed while drunk.

I resent that you judge rich people and Mercedes drivers as being jerks just because one poor person in an old Mercedes crashed while drunk.

I have an idea that it was the typical type of Hi So that believe that they are above the law. Rich people who are drunk and driving Mercs are jerks.

You said " just because one POOR PERSON in an old Merc crashed while drunk." well we all feel sorry for him yeh ?????? you sound a very sound thinking person. Just what the family and the injured guy will think.

not just one... tons and tons and tons of incidents with cars, motorbikes, guns etc. where the rich Ammart's kids stomp all over Thailand like some Roman General uninterested in their carnage because of WHO they are

THIS is Thailand's problem "krenge jai" your 'betters' and if you can't see that then you are amazingly naive - his relatives COMMENT was:

"explaining that she does not want the incident to make it to the news as she is a high-ranking military officer"

as for your:

"just because one poor person in an old Mercedes crashed while drunk"

I am SPEECHLESS

Indeed, I take the default position that people with so little understanding of value for money are by default idiots. I am rarely disappointed.

The last one I met was in a bar with a group of friends. After a lot of booze, he was regaling everyone with his Block that he kept in his belt. He was a Porsche driving idiot.

One day, one day. I will wait to watch the papers. I just hope whatever injury befalls him as he fumbles his gun into his belt doesn't kill him. Id like to see him again to ask him if it works anymore.

If it was in the west you'd be right. He'd never forget but TIT and Thais DO forget.

They have this uncanny gift to block bad things out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The "gift to be able to block" things out is part of basic Buddhist training. A bad hash-up by some one who is not qualified to talk about Buddha Dhamma would be something like - don't dwell on the past you can not change it, don't dwell on the future because you are not able to predict it - dwell in the present so that you can be mindful of what you do. Understand the senses and the sense gates, be aware of inputs from the senses, address and understand, control the sense gates and return to a state of mindfulness in the present, Add in the 4 Noble truths, 8 Fold path and the 4 sublime states and you would have a basic understanding.

Thai people deal with death not because they are any less than human, rather that they understand their "humanity" better than most westerners. If the drunk actually remembers his precepts then he would be able to apply this - the family of the deceased will have no choice but to deal with the ramification.

Having said that family (with a broad definition) is more important to most Thai people and the culture than it is to most westerners. Remember that this is not the west, where the family would have support and assistance from the government

she does not want the incident to make it to the news as she is a high-ranking military officer.

From which point on in life do these clowns consider themselves 'untouchable'? Sergeant, Major, Colonel?

From the moment the rich father ejaculates.

• Like 1

not just one... tons and tons and tons of incidents with cars, motorbikes, guns etc. where the rich Ammart's kids stomp all over Thailand like some Roman General uninterested in their carnage because of WHO they are

THIS is Thailand's problem "krenge jai" your 'betters' and if you can't see that then you are amazingly naive - his relatives COMMENT was:

"explaining that she does not want the incident to make it to the news as she is a high-ranking military officer"

as for your:

I am SPEECHLESS

I am aware first hand of a case in Isaan last year, where the daughter of a well known insurance regional manager killed a guy early one morning leaving a pub.

She was absolutely steaming drunk and pulled out of a junction in their Camry in front of this guy on his motorbike. The guy died instantly.

It did not take long for the girls Father to offer 1 million Baht to make the whole thing go away. The died guys family accepted the money. Done & Dusted.

So now this fellas already spoilt daughter has been taught a twisted life lesson that (i)Daddy will sort it out as always and (ii)the value of a less fortunate life can be bartered.

I dont blame the dead guys family from taking the money, they can't bring him back and 1 Million Baht could (if they don't gamble, drink or squander it away) give them a comfortable life in his absence.

But the justice system must name and shame these f--ks and make them accountable ensuring a mandatory custodial sentence for drink drivers who's action result in manslaughter.

Recalling this incident just makes me seethe once again!

I would be interest to know how these things get sorted out if a 'rich kills another rich kid'? Don't recall ever hearing of such a case!

• Like 2

wprime post # 4

It's an old (03-09) CLK 200. They're cheaper than a new Camry.

Having assessed the value and worth of the vehicle what do you estimate the value and the worth of the deceased is to their surviving family.

Those deceased are irreplaceable hence we must surely be thinking exotic car price for a human life say 50,000,000. baht?

Yes, but here at TV this is just another opportunity to gossip.

Nevertheless, she said she is deeply saddened to see that Mr. Chaidole is more concerned by the state of his car than her uncle's death.

It seems the same thing can be said about all the TV armchair analysts who find the car he was driving to be the central issue and, of course, to make all sorts of childish comments about travelling to Singapore.

• Like 1

wprime post # 4

It's an old (03-09) CLK 200. They're cheaper than a new Camry.

Having assessed the value and worth of the vehicle what do you estimate the value and the worth of the deceased is to their surviving family.

Those deceased are irreplaceable hence we must surely be thinking exotic car price for a human life say 50,000,000. baht?

Yes, but here at TV this is just another opportunity to gossip.

Nevertheless, she said she is deeply saddened to see that Mr. Chaidole is more concerned by the state of his car than her uncle's death.

It seems the same thing can be said about all the TV armchair analysts who find the car he was driving to be the central issue and, of course, to make all sorts of childish comments about travelling to Singapore.

Well, he wasn't in a Jazz was he, because management doesn't drive those. He has tried to pay off the cameras, he is trying to pay off the family, and there is a history of people running to Singapore.

Let's see if he stays true to type.

as for your:

I am SPEECHLESS

I am aware first hand of a case in Isaan last year, where the daughter of a well known insurance regional manager killed a guy early one morning leaving a pub.

She was absolutely steaming drunk and pulled out of a junction in their Camry in front of this guy on his motorbike. The guy died instantly.

It did not take long for the girls Father to offer 1 million Baht to make the whole thing go away. The died guys family accepted the money. Done & Dusted.

So now this fellas already spoilt daughter has been taught a twisted life lesson that (i)Daddy will sort it out as always and (ii)the value of a less fortunate life can be bartered.

I dont blame the dead guys family from taking the money, they can't bring him back and 1 Million Baht could (if they don't gamble, drink or squander it away) give them a comfortable life in his absence.

But the justice system must name and shame these f--ks and make them accountable ensuring a mandatory custodial sentence for drink drivers who's action result in manslaughter.

Recalling this incident just makes me seethe once again!

I would be interest to know how these things get sorted out if a 'rich kills another rich kid'? Don't recall ever hearing of such a case!

Probably settled behind the scenes I would think.

The criminal aspect of it should be handled by the police as it's not really to do with the family of the victim but possible future victims. The family should get compensation preferably from the insurance company but they should have no control over the case after that.

• Like 2

as for your:

I am SPEECHLESS

I'm sorry but if you think the driver is upper class them you're amazingly naive. His car can be obtained with a 10,000 baht/month loan + service, insurance, etc, 25,000 baht tops per month, his job would pay around 150k/month and his highest connection is an non-specific "high" ranking military officer.

Tons and tons? We're talking about 3-5 incidents per year, out of 25,000 road casualties per year, or 0.016%. There are problem people in all classes of society, based on statistics, wealthy people are greatly underrepresented as the cause of road casualties. Why? Of course they are, they have more to lose.

The media selectively publishes when wealthy people are at fault because it makes sales, poor people love reading this stuff. Your lack of critical reading skills combined with your obvious jealousy of the wealthy are the root of your beliefs. They are not backed with facts.

• Like 1

In Thai thinking, he only killed a street vendor and injured a garbage collector. No big deal for a mall manager with a famous family name driving a Mercedes.

Wanna bet, he never actually serves any time in jail as a result of any court sentencing, if even the case ever makes it to any court, which it probably won't.

I'd be very surprised if the guy ever has any need to leave the country. After all, it wasn't like he killed a policeman or anyone like that!

• Like 2

In Thai thinking, he only killed a street vendor and injured a garbage collector. No big deal for a mall manager with a famous family name driving a Mercedes.

Wanna bet, he never actually serves any time in jail as a result of any court sentencing, if even the case ever makes it to any court, which it probably won't.

I'd be very surprised if the guy ever has any need to leave the country. After all, it wasn't like he killed a policeman or anyone like that!

There are plenty of legal precedents for vehicular homicide in Thailand that indicate if the defendant shows remorse and makes a substantial attempt to rectify the wrong he has done through voluntary compensation for the victims' families then the punishment may be reduced to just the fine (up to 20,000 baht) or if jail time is prescribed, that it is suspended.

That is common law, it is not a special law available only to wealthy people - it's available to anyone who has enough basic decency to take responsibility for their mistakes.