Thailand Post reliable or not ?

espinoza

What do you think ? Is Thailand Post reliable or not ?

I use to order "snus" (chewing tobacco) from the manufacturer in Sweden. Normally I got it delivered 2 - 3 weeks after purchace.

Mid December I purchased 30 cans, which means 6 packs off 5 cans each. They send 5 cans in each pack to not exceed the legal limits.

Late March I received 2 of these 6 packs. In January I purchased 40 cans more, 8 packs off 5 each. Late March I also received 2 of these packs too.

I`m still waiting for the 8 missing packs and are beginning to believe Thailand Post has some employees that uses my "snus".

I will not purchase any more before the last 8 packs are received.

What do you think ?

Are Thailand Posts employees thieves ?

wai.gif

mate you better believe it. I have had visa cards go missing and when queried at the PO I was told the postal; workers take them by the head staff, its a major problem but they will not sack anyone caught doing it. Seems that if they think they can use or sell whatever is in the package then it dissapears, visa cards are very susceptable. This has happened numerous times now. A package I sent to Australia 6 months ago when traced never left Thailand and was supposed to ne returned to me last month, still hasnt arrived yet I was told it was at the local PO, it really is hit and miss. Go to your post office with the tracking or reference numbers from the sales point and have it investigated or better yet get your seller to do it from their end.

most probably stuck at customs.

I do not understand why the customs should stop it ? It`s within the legal amount of free import.

Another thing is, do the customs just steal it ?

Should they not notify me and give me a chance to pay any customs on it, if that`s the case ?clap2.gif

most probably stuck at customs.

I do not understand why the customs should stop it ? It`s within the legal amount of free import.

Another thing is, do the customs just steal it ?

Should they not notify me and give me a chance to pay any customs on it, if that`s the case ?clap2.gif

theoretical yes.....practical customs is one step above god. If they say no it is no....

I had packages stopped in Germany by customs which were worth like 18 Euro which is below just everything, charged VAT for it and sometimes, sometimes not a fee on top of it....

tobacco is extra sensitive......I recall that it was popular to send a small amount of cigarets (below the allowed amount) from Indonesia to Germany and UK and the customs there sometimes stopped it.

mate you better believe it. I have had visa cards go missing and when queried at the PO I was told the postal; workers take them by the head staff, its a major problem but they will not sack anyone caught doing it. Seems that if they think they can use or sell whatever is in the package then it dissapears, visa cards are very susceptable. This has happened numerous times now. A package I sent to Australia 6 months ago when traced never left Thailand and was supposed to ne returned to me last month, still hasnt arrived yet I was told it was at the local PO, it really is hit and miss. Go to your post office with the tracking or reference numbers from the sales point and have it investigated or better yet get your seller to do it from their end.

We have daily shipments coming in and going out, had some with wrong addresses where the post helped us to get it, etc. Everything only good experience. But I guess it may differ with the responsible post office and the people there.

• Like 2

I have this vague recollection of many informed posts here over the years that smokeless tobacco products are illegal/not allowed to be imported/not allowed as part of a duty-free tobacco allotment.

Even if legal, I believe you are confusing importing with bringing in duty-free goods when arriving from an international location.

Never EVER had a problem in 8 yrears. The point being to make sure you use a registered signed for type service anything else and it literally doesnt exist, think yourself extremely lucky to get what you did if just plain post service, that could go walkies anywhere, not just in Thailand, if its trackable it traceable and therefore someone is liable, which is why it always gets there. Worth paying the extra to ensure delivery.

• Like 2

What makes you think it is in the free limit.

Is it less than 5oobaht in value which they often ignore.

However as tobacco products all is taxible even if it is only one cigarettes worth. It also has excise and vat too and you may need to get a certificate from the FDA that it is ok for personal use.

"Some countries have regulations and restricted imports of the quantity of imported smokeless tobacco products and different countries have varied duty regulations. BuySnus.com does not have the possibility to provide information about customs and import regulations in the destination country. The person who orders the products are therefore personally responsible for being informed about the own country customs and import regulations that apply to Swedish snus and other tobacco products and for paying any duties, taxes, fees that might be charged. Any charges for import clearance due to the purchase from BuySnus.com will be borne by you, the customer. BuySnus shall not be liable for releasing or shipping replacement goods if they are seized in customs. You cannot get a refund if your products have been returned to us."

You have it wrong. They don't send it in certain amounts to stay within regulations. And they are being less than honest with the "some" countries mentioned above. I know of no country that doesn't have regulations regarding tobacco products importation and these will generally apply to any amount.

As someone have said I post everything EMS or certified mail from the other end and never had a problem

We have sent iPhone, visa cards, documents, toys, clothes and other things

I do know of friends that have sent it just standard mail from either end (I'm talking internationally) and its gone missing

The iPhone, I should say I sent from Australia to Thailand I paid a special fee, got there no problem

We had some adult sex toys shipped from the US labelled as electronics that never arrived.

About 2 weeks after expected delivery the gals n guys at the local post office had big smiles on their faces that lasted for months.

I'm sure you know that those cannot be legally imported.

And the smiles must have been imagined: incoming parcels are inspected and assessed at the central mail station in Bangkok -- not by your local post office.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

We have daily shipments coming in and going out, had some with wrong addresses where the post helped us to get it, etc. Everything only good experience. But I guess it may differ with the responsible post office and the people there.

I buy loads of stuff on ebay never had anything go missing. Think it depends on the post office. I also give the regular postman a bottle of JW black label for new year.

• Like 1

I know it`s legal to import this chewing tobacco, because earlier I used to get packs wit 20 cans in, and one time I got a letter from the customs in Nong Khai. I went over there and paid some money and got the pack. I was told to tell the sender to not put so many cans in each pack. Less than 10 and I should not need to pay anything. 10 cans should be 420 grams. smile.png

Edited by espinoza