Thailand Post told to 'go raise buffaloes'

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our postie decides what he should deliver or not and has been seen holding foreign envelopes up to the sun to work out what might be in there. (? Because it's not for nothing that Thai envelopes are made of horrible thick stuff)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

If the image is so important it should have been packed properly. Even when it wouldn't have been folded, it would still be wrinkled due to the way it is packed.

Attention seeking drama queen. The guy must be perfect himself.

Edited by Nickymaster

Arrogant dimwit....all he needed to do was arrange for it to be sent with the appropriate packaging for the item and it would have be fine. Too stingy to pay the extra cost.

Exactly! Like all the other non existent safety concerns in this country,non existent.

• Like 1

Arrogant dimwit....all he needed to do was arrange for it to be sent with the appropriate packaging for the item and it would have be fine. Too stingy to pay the extra cost.

Exactly! Like all the other non existent safety concerns in this country,non existent.

Life is not safe. Here or anywhere. Never was, never will be.

Have they also warned their employees not to steal packages send from abroad, or letters with replacement credit cards?

Why would you send such important documents in a letter and not by DHL ? (credit cards)

i worked for royal mail for 30 years haggis i tell you what doesnt matter which courier you use if you want something of someones easy to do..though honesty is the best policy..thats why when you left the job and applied for another r/m never gave a reference the trust you are given was enough in itself..and would surfice in your next job..you even had to sign the official secrets act..i know why but its not like we were in the services like you..but my lips remain sealed.

• Like 2

He is cool - lets face it "some" in Thailand believe that throwing grenades or shooting is more appropriate ways to complain.

Put your war weapons away, pack up your whistles - express yourself on facebook like poo thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I've had 1 credit card and 2 International Driving Permits get "lost" in the mail, so far. I've also had 1 credit card and 1 I.D.P. successfully delivered to my address as well over the same period. The credit card that made it actually sat untouched in my land-lady's laundry shop for almost 2 months until I got back on my next rotation.

Checking the rates in Thailand, it looks like you'd pay about $40 US (1,250 THB) to ship an envelope at the minimum rate (from Afghanistan the minimum fee, for up to .5 kgs, is $75 US). By comparison, 2 weeks ago I mailed 6 letters to Canada through Thai Post and it cost me 290 baht.

Personally I'd prefer using DHL (or the equivalent) for the important stuff, it's convincing the people/organizations on the other end to use them that's usually the problem, even if I'm willing to pay. I've dealt with with various groups over the past few years, some of whom won't ship via courier companies. Some will only use regular post. Some prefer this shipper over that one and if "that" one can't ship to your area, sucks to be you !

Some shippers themselves won't ship certain items to/from certain destinations either. For example, DHL won't ship anything declared as "dangerous goods" from Afghanistan to Australia, but will ship the exact same item from Australia to Afghanistan ! FedEx will ship the same item either way, but have a nasty habit of forgetting to tell the customer that their shipments have arrived (or deliver them to the wrong place).

• Like 1

I would appreciate your suggestion as to where one can find "appropriate packaging" for mailing photographs.

I have searched all the main stationers for board backed envelopes to no avail.

Mind you even the post in the UK were not adverse to folding such envelopes even though they had DO NOT BEND printed on the front.

The only solution I have found here is to make a 'sandwich' with glassine paper and cut corrugated plastic sheets to size before popping in a brown envelope.

I'm all for posts taking greater care with the post.

Have they also warned their employees not to steal packages send from abroad, or letters with replacement credit cards?

Why would you send such important documents in a letter and not by DHL ? (credit cards)

i worked for royal mail for 30 years haggis i tell you what doesnt matter which courier you use if you want something of someones easy to do..though honesty is the best policy..thats why when you left the job and applied for another r/m never gave a reference the trust you are given was enough in itself..and would surfice in your next job..you even had to sign the official secrets act..i know why but its not like we were in the services like you..but my lips remain sealed.

I hope the customers letters remained sealed and that kettle was just for making tea.smile.png

• Like 1

edgarfriendly, on 25 Apr 2014 - 14:47, said:
Prbkk, on 25 Apr 2014 - 13:57, said:

Once again, it is YOU that is the arrogant dimwit.

No explanation required.

Have to agree with you, the guy did the right thing by writing on the envelope, that's all that is necessary in Oz...

There is a lot of people that could need a year of raising buffaloes. Including, but not limited to, the bigmouth currently holding Bangkok hostage.

I totally agree, the sooner yl is charged and jailed the better............
  • Like 1

Tut Tut, you siding with the buffaloes again.

If it says do not fold it usually means....DO NOT FOLD. Wondering who the arrogant dimwit is.....