5 year old son locked in house with dead British Father in East Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The father could be Norther Irish, Scottish or Welsh and not English but that's not even racism as neither are races they are countries, Perhaps, it was to do with assuming that the kid would be better off with his English relatives. I wholeheartedly agree with you though, it seems that the boy was living with only his father, the mother of the child wasn't there for 7 days so I assume they had separated, and the mother doesn't seem to have the kid's welfare at heart really, otherwise she probably would have called to find out how he was doing etc.

That's right, slag the mother off in circumstances you know nothing about. How do you know she didn't call?

• Like 1

Terrible story, the poor little boy. I guess he and his father lived a quite life and pretty much kept to themselves. I hope English relatives come forward and offer the little guy a real chance in life.

Must have missed it somewhere! Where did it say the father was English? Racism is a funny thing: it's much closer to home than you think!

The original article does describe him as "British". That's close enough, isn't it?

If one is too lazy to read the 3 paragraphs...

They also have a pic of the guy... He looks Caucasian.

>>It said the father was British, so we don't know if he is English, Welsh, Scottish (are there any other possibilities).<<

Northern Irish is another possibility .Don't ever call Southern Irish British though as they don't

like it.

A substantial part of the population in the missing counties aren't too keen on it either.

Terrible story, the poor little boy. I guess he and his father lived a quite life and pretty much kept to themselves. I hope English relatives come forward and offer the little guy a real chance in life.

Must have missed it somewhere! Where did it say the father was English? Racism is a funny thing: it's much closer to home than you think!

My apologies, British not English.

To all those offended by what appears as an extremely racist post, my apologies. In no way did racism enter my mind when I wrote it and it was never intended to appear racist. Again my very sincere apologies to all those offended.

May I suggest that the Mods remove my post. I am very sorry.

Why? Why should your valid comments be removed just because some people chose to interpret your post as "racist"?

It was not. Retain the post and keep posting!

I couldn't agree more. If anyone interpreted that as a racist comment, I suggest they need to grow thicker skin. Also a good long look in the mirror as well, since they are the likeliest ones with racist thoughts in their heads.

Sad story, I hope the young guy fairs well and finds safety and comfort in the home of loved ones.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To all those offended by what appears as an extremely racist post, my apologies. In no way did racism enter my mind when I wrote it and it was never intended to appear racist. Again my very sincere apologies to all those offended.

Chooka you were not racist, this poster made a meal of the situation. Your a bad boy and deserved to be banned for life.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

May I suggest that we quit it with all the talk of racism here? If you want to argue about that, one side or the other, there is a lot of space left in the Jeremy Clarkson thread. This whole thing has gone off the rails here...

I can't imagine what that little guy must have gone through in the past few days, but I can only hope that his young age will protect him from having lifelong trauma over this. Let's keep our thoughts with him..

• Like 1

Blimey, 2 pages of irrelevant posts on the difference between English and British, for a man who is in any case of Norwegian descent.

The most important topic of why did he die and who will care for his son has not been addressed. I for one am interested since I have seen him around when he was alive and teaching British (sorry should be English).

Edited by Estrada

The father could be Norther Irish, Scottish or Welsh and not English but that's not even racism as neither are races they are countries, Perhaps, it was to do with assuming that the kid would be better off with his English relatives. I wholeheartedly agree with you though, it seems that the boy was living with only his father, the mother of the child wasn't there for 7 days so I assume they had separated, and the mother doesn't seem to have the kid's welfare at heart really, otherwise she probably would have called to find out how he was doing etc.

Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales,, the UK is a combination of Great Britain and Nrthern Ireland,, so effectively Scottish, Welsh and English are all British.

its ridiculous that this post has been hijacked by some idiots screaming racism, as i stated earlier its a common mistake that people think British means English.

Anyway, lets all pray that the poor kid gets taken care of by a family member, English, Scottish, Welsh or Thai it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

The original article does describe him as "British". That's close enough, isn't it?

No, not really. Go to Glasgow and call a local English and see what happens. Or you could try going to Dublin and call an Irishman English and the same consequences will arrise.

• Like 1

Horrific experience for the child, however does anyone know how Robert died, was it suspicious, he must be in good health to work of shore, the picture he looks healthy. Or is this going to be yet another Pattaya fatality unexplained?

Tragic, just tragic.

The poor little fella will take years to get over this, if ever.

Very True, what a terrible thing the little kid had to go through. Nobody should have to experience this, 1 week with his father that had passed...shocking i hope the kid can get all assistance possible and even any kind of councilling to hopefully get over this. RIP to the father

No apologies needed from this British / English expat living in LOS ! Obviously some gossamer thin skinned TV members 'looking for ghosts that don't exist'.

The focus should be the dead father & kid not 'imagined' racism.

Easy to make assumptions regarding the absent mother, however, as a father 4 times already, I know I & my wife rarely, if ever, left our kids for a single day.....

Most certainly, in the event the wife proves complicit in the fathers death, the UK relatives will not fail the child and hopefully some justice will be metered out in Thailand

Alternatively, the couple may have been estranged and the whole thing is just a terrible sudden death with no foul play. Whatever the circumstances, it's best to allow investigation and the facts be gathered before 'pointing fingers' at possible 'suspects'.

R.I.P the father and sincerest wishes to the child for a 'safe passage' through such a traumatic experience.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I suspect, the mother, who was not there, has something to do with the dead of her husband

that is a bit much to presume and dangerous! that being said, Pattaya has seen worse, and i am sure, worse is yet to come. Pattaya can be very dangerous from Dusk to Dawn, just like the movie.

Yes it's a sad story

Made even sadder by adding a "racist" accusation

Some bitter, self centered, pessimistic people actually

look for any opportunity to play the "racist" card. It

feeds their maladjusted pathetic angry lives.

I see nothing "racist" about any entries prior to the

6th post in line, unless there was an earlier post that

I didn't see because it was removed.

Maybe I should ask just where the "racist" comment

appeared, Or maybe I'm just not motivated or

intelligent enough to ferret out the "racist" comment

and possibly need educated by the "racist" police.

Also "beb" said it better and shorter than myself

I must have missed something. Where was racism mentioned bah.gif

It is indeed funny when people uses the word "Racism" in all the wrong contexts.

What is so racist about the post? So what if he called a British guy English. I don't see any RACE involved with that. I don't even call it a mistake.

I think you just learnt the word Racism and felt good about using your "New found word" - so, give it some time to fully understand the meaning of it before using it - I would say in about 20 years you should be able to use it right.

• Like 1

I saw this on Thai news tv. The house was locked and they had to cut open the trellis door.

Sad for the young boy.

One can only guess where the mother is. Would assume they are separated or divorced.

Some posters seem to jump to conclusions fast. Perhaps the guy and the mother only had contact once a week, who knows.

As for the racist issue running through this thread...the mind boggles where that came from.

So calling a British person English or vice versa is racism now??

discovered the body of the British house owner, maybe you read too quickly. Whats with the racism remark? some people are racists,some people have red hair (but having red hair is still PC right?) get over it

To all those who hope the kids British relatives can offer him a better home

FORGET IT

They will find it impossible to take a child under 17 out of Thailand to live

This is fact, a friend tried to take his Grandson to Aus after the kids parents died on a bike

He is the kids guardian but they must live here

Better they anti up some money for his education and living expenses in Thailand

who is to say he would have a better life in the UK or for that matter anywhere else in Europe, have a look around, its not only white people with red plates! Thailand as well as most of Asia is leaving the western world behind, 10 years, sooooooooooooo far behind

This is terrible.

I'm almost sure when I see such as this case (kid's suffering) the god is not exist, but if does: is drunk or under heavy drug ....

Your analogy is straight out of the kindergarten. I've never heard of a religion that believes that God is their servant tasked to ensure there is no suffering.

Ahhh...this is where the racism issue started in this thread.

Apparently Jimmu makes a racial distinction between English and British.

I'll leave it here.