Thai police seize 5 tons of marijuana worth 500 million baht

webfact

Does the NNB even know what they are writhing? Normally the street value of 1 kilo marijuana here in Thailand is 20,000 THB. With this lot it is 100,000 THB. (500,000,000/5000)

You seem very informed about marijuana price.

Can I be your friend?

Get to the back of the que!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where does Holland buy it's legal weed from?

In Holland, legal weed is bought legally from guys who grow it illegally.

Sounds a bit like a country I know, fits btwn Malaysia and Burma.

Its one of the mistakes, that is why growing should be legal back in The Netherlands too. Some are campaigning for it as its a crazy situation where its legal to sell and own but not to grow. Still its good that its legal to use as its a big step forward and less damaging as alcohol.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sounds a bit like a country I know, fits btwn Malaysia and Burma.

Its one of the mistakes, that is why growing should be legal back in The Netherlands too. Some are campaigning for it as its a crazy situation where its legal to sell and own but not to grow. Still its good that its legal to use as its a big step forward and less damaging as alcohol.

I was watching a show about a legal "compassion clinic", i.e. cannabis and hashish dispenser in California, and the way it worked there was that private growers "donated" their crop to the shop, where is was carefully examined for purity and graded by its percentage of active ingredients. After that, the grower was given a "gift" of money, usually quite a bit of money.

I have a friend who would love to find your street.

He got what he wanted but paid 600 baht for what must have been about 5 grams.

giggle.gif

Your friend is confirmation of P. T. Barnum's one IS born a minute theory.

Ya, I guess so.

I suppose he could have spent god knows how long running around sweltering Pattaya trying to save a couple hundred baht, but as the guy is a self-made millionaire, he wasn't too worried about spending a few quid to get the bit of smoke he wanted to enjoy on his holiday. I wish I were as much of a sucker as he is and had been able to build a million dollar business with my wife.

Why would Holland import crap Thai weed? Seriously its like importing piss water when you have a lake full of Glenfiddich.

The coffeeshops in Netherlands offer many different cannabis strains. Possibly this seized cache was a supply of Thai Stick:

A Thai stick is a form of cannabis from Thailand that was popular during the late 1960s and 1970s. It consisted of premium buds of seedless marijuana which were skewered on stems. Several rows of fiber found in the stalk of the marijuana plant were then used to tie the marijuana to the stem to keep it in place.[1] Thai stick bud may also be tied around bamboo sticks with a piece of string known as a “rasta hair.”[2]

The Thai sticks exhibited considerably higher potency in comparison with other cannabis available in Western countries at the time. This added potency was rumored to be caused by the Thai sticks being dipped in opium. However, the more widely accepted reason is that Thai cannabis growers had for hundreds of years selected seeds from their strongest plants, which coupled with Thailand's long growing season, high temperatures and, rich volcanic soil, conspired to produce an exceptionally potent product. A number of reasons have been cited for the decline of the Thai stick; stricter policing of cannabis cultivation; dilution of traditional cannabis populations by earlier maturing, less psychoactive cultivars imported from Pakistan and Afghanistan; the burgeoning indoor growing industry in target markets; and the reduction of military troop transports (which was the primary means of export) between Thailand, particularly Bangkok, and the United States, at the end of the Vietnam War in 1975.

In modern terminology, Thai stick often refers to marijuana tied to stem as documented above and then dipped into a hashish oil, a potent cannabis derivative which saturates the buds and lends to a stronger smoke. Some California cannabis clubs sell this product. Originally, this was a frequent practice of the 1970s with the actual Thai stick. There are still some surviving recipes from Cambodia where high quality marijuana and hash oil are used.

As I've already said Thai stick is rare these days and that really doesn't look much like good Thai stick. You can even see stems and stalk compressed into those bricks in the image, it is just regular brick weed by the looks of things

I found this picture on the internet (From Thailand, to Holland, to Spain: From Thai stick seeds to smoke able weed: Thai Sinse.) with the caption "You can see the seeds it the sticks, that is how Thai sticks come.":

image002.jpg

Do they look a bit like the bricks in the news article?:

x4-30-2014-11-20-51-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg.

Does the NNB even know what they are writhing? Normally the street value of 1 kilo marijuana here in Thailand is 20,000 THB. With this lot it is 100,000 THB. (500,000,000/5000)

5,000 kg x 20,000 = 100,000,000 baht .... after all its only weed !

16,000 is the street price. for a kilo.

With Uruguay legalising it and also several us states and of course Holland,i am hoping the whole world will wake up and do the same.

Just a thought - after decriminalization and legalization, what happens to those who had been penalized by the laws? Would they be compensated? Obviously those who were killed due to the death penalty cannot be resurrected.

• Like 1

With Uruguay legalising it and also several us states and of course Holland,i am hoping the whole world will wake up and do the same.

Just a thought - after decriminalization and legalization, what happens to those who had been penalized by the laws? Would they be compensated? Obviously those who were killed due to the death penalty cannot be resurrected.

Good point,i guess it would depend on the legislation/bill whatever,but i would doubt it,maybe for possesion the criminal record would be struck off,but i reckon that would be about it.

Suspicoiusly you know too much about the staff's pricing, been riding on puffing billy a bit aye?

I don't know why they don't legalise it in Thailand. It has to be better, or at least no worse, than much of the other stuff available freely and legally.

Antibiotics? Nembutal (welcome Australian pet lovers)?

Edited by Lupatria

That is one of the anomalies of the Dutch system, i.e. that it encourages illegal smuggling into Holland from countries where it is illegal. Morocco is the largest supplier to Europe in general. Most of it is smuggled in boats to Spain and then overland.

I've noticed that the ganja related stories here are well-received... Just sayin'...

Anyway, most all of the coffeeshops also carry some imported brickweed from Thailand, Jamaica, Mexico etc. It's not the most popular of strains but sometimes people like a change. No matter how good the indoor-grown Dutch sensimilla is, you can get used to it and switching to brickweed, even if it's inferior in quality, can give you a more desirable effect. Or so I've heard.

Why would Holland import crap Thai weed? Seriously its like importing piss water when you have a lake full of Glenfiddich.

anyone know where i can buy some?

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From what I heard via the Bangkok Hilton(Bang Kwang prison) is just go down to Soi 6 and look for a couple guys with REALLY dark tans and strange accents. Easy to spot they think they are your long lost Bro. Yo bro! Yo bro!

Edited by BigRick

I have a friend who would love to find your street.

He got what he wanted but paid 600 baht for what must have been about 5 grams.

giggle.gif

Your friend is confirmation of P. T. Barnum's one IS born a minute theory.

Ya, I guess so.

I suppose he could have spent god knows how long running around sweltering Pattaya trying to save a couple hundred baht, but as the guy is a self-made millionaire, he wasn't too worried about spending a few quid to get the bit of smoke he wanted to enjoy on his holiday. I wish I were as much of a sucker as he is and had been able to build a million dollar business with my wife.

You do mean 1/2 a million dollar business, don't you?

• Like 1