Mobi’s - The New Bar on Lake Mabprachan

Mobis

Any audio experts out there?

I need some help/ advice with my bar’s sound system.

look into some good quality wireless speakers, they contain their own amps and can be placed in vital spots with the individual volume levels adjusted to suit the area ( no dead spots or over "amped" areas

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all your advice on sound systems. I will dwell on it and make some decisions soon.

In the meantime, last night I tried out the Sony amp that I had at home which drives my home theatre system. It only partially works (some of the out puts are duff and the only speaker output that works is the central speakers output), as it is so ancient, but it is a powerful beast.

It also has optical digital inputs so I connected it up to the optical signal the signal from my LG TV and I used my existing two Sony speakers, plus two small speakers from my theatre system, and also connected a massive Sony sub woofer. (the sub woofer output works)

This gave me 4 speakers plus the sub-woofers and the sound wasn't at all bad.

I will wire this in properly over the next few days, with 2 speakers at the front and two at the rear of the bar and that will provide me with a good stop-gap solution while I consider my options and my budget.

Last night didn't turn out too bad at all and we had a few late visitors who really got into a Tony Bennett live concert and then the second part of the incredible 'Concert for George'. (Harrison)

We stayed open way past closing time to see and listen to the end. I like to think my 'Heath Robinson' sound system had something to do with it.

post-25991-0-21669700-1403240095_thumb.p

Live at Mobi’s This Weekend:

Austrian Formula One Grand Prix

Qualifying: Saturday: 6.45 pm - 8.30 pm.

Main Race: Sunday: 6.45 pm – 8.45 pm.

Commencing Monday 23rd June for 2 weeks:

Wimbledon Tennis: 7 pm – midnight, every day.

post-25991-0-65436600-1403341413_thumb.p

Just a reminder that we will showing the Formula one qualifying at 7 pm tonight and the race itself tomorrow evening , also at 7 p.m.

Yesterday evening was a bit of a disaster and it was just as well we had a fair amount of early business to see us through.

This time it was the next bar but one that was having a party.

Nothing wrong with a party, but they also had the usual, ear splitting live Thai music / kareoke.

Even two bars away we could hardly hear ourselves speak, and I completely gave up trying to play anything on my own sound system.

Some of Mobi's girls loved it and were shrieking and dancing up a storm to the ubiquitous 'Mor lam', Issan songs.

Strangely, the folks at the party itself were quite subdued. They probably didn't like it any more than I did.....well I actually don't mind Mor lam at the right place and time, but not when it is ruining my business.

Once the music started, this was the first day since we opened Mobi's that not a single customer stopped by to have a drink. I suppose they took one look at the lights and noise and drove on to somewhere a little quieter.

This is one of the many trials I will have to put up if I am to run a successful bar and not end up in a padded cell. I will just have to accept that some nights are going to be like this.

We will be having our own party next Friday so maybe we will get our own back..... but I doubt it...

More about Mobi's party tomorrow.

Some of Mobi's girls getting into the swing of things

post-25991-0-02442700-1403341348_thumb.j

Pay no heed to the odd nights when the neighbors crank it up in what looks like an effort to piss you off. They have probably been in a world of hurt with less customers than you this past couple of months so when a 2-week millionaire drops by, they want to make it look like it's always this rowdy. But don't let that deter you getting some decent speakers so that you can give them a bit of the same.

I will miss your party as we are losing 2 - nil to the Vietnamese right now. Still, we should sink the buggers in the second half.

Better to be on friendly terms with all the bar owners around you. When they have a party let your bar join in, you wont stop their music or party by having the ump about your lack of business for that day. Nothing you can do so join in smile and let your staff have a bit of fun.

Keep your enemies close especially in Pattaya.

Just to be clear, it has never entered my head for one moment that the other bars crank up their music to piss me off; any more than a car driver who cuts you up on the road thinks he doing anything wrong.

It simply doesn't occur to them that someone else has a business nearby that may be disadvantaged by their actions.

When we hold our party next Friday the first thing we shall do is pass the word to our neighbouring bars and invite them to come along and enjoy the fun and have some food.

The others did not offer such a courtesy to us, and when our girls started dancing outside Mobi's some of their customers even came over and joined in the dancing , but no-one from the party bar invited our girls over to join the fun

I am not trying to make trouble and all I wish to do is get on with everybody. I am fully prepared to put up with the odd evening of zero business in a spirit of good neighbourliness but I simply pointing out that there not a lot of evidence that this attitude is being reciprocated.

And to crank up the music 3 or 4 times a week to the point where we can't hear ourselves speak two bars away is not IMHO being very considerate......

Mobi. Pies might be an idea.. easy to keep in the freezer and microwave or heat up in a small table top oven.

Probably many places around Pattaya to purchase.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is getting a bit silly now. Who goes out for a couple of beers and decides to eat a PIE.

Give me strength.

Northerners do, me owd tater ash. Why do you think they have mobile and static pie sellers in Pattaya? Cos people buy 'em! Better pies than jellied eels. Yugghh!!

Just a reminder that Mobi’s is showing The Austrian Grand Prix Live tonight at 7 p.m.

Why not take a break from the football and join the race fans? It promises to be an exciting race now that Mercedes have been kicked out of pole position, and Hamilton is way down the grid.

Also…make a note in your dairies about Mobi’s first ever party, next Friday, 27th June.

Full details tomorrow on Thai Visa, or if you want to read all about today, Click on my blog at:

http://www.mobithailand.com

Just a reminder that Mobi’s is showing The Austrian Grand Prix Live tonight at 7 p.m.

Why not take a break from the football and join the race fans? It promises to be an exciting race now that Mercedes have been kicked out of pole position, and Hamilton is way down the grid.

Also…make a note in your dairies about Mobi’s first ever party, next Friday, 27th June.

Full details tomorrow on Thai Visa, or if you want to read all about today, Click on my blog at:

http://www.mobithailand.com

FYI: might want to transpose the "a" and first "i" in "dairies". Cheers.

And I know a couple of mods who will want Bluegrass music when they come to visit whistling.gif

I thought mods were into The Who. You live and learn.
some of them are... B)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

post-25991-0-85310000-1403499689_thumb.p

xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS.

Friday Night is Party night at Mobi’s

Next Friday, (27th June), Mobi’s is throwing its first party.

Live music and free food from7 pm.

Come and join us for our double celebration

Ø Successful completion of first two months of trading

Ø The joining together in the unholy and unlikely marriage of Lek and Mobi…

Yes, folks, after a 3 ½ year courtship, it will be Mobi’s sixth and final marriage. We will do the legal formalities tomorrow (Tuesday) at Banglamung amphur and we will let our hair down on Friday night at Mobi’s.

I warn you in advance that it may be a little loud, and the girls will be in their finest shrieking voices – because that is what Lek wants it, and on this special occasion I will not gainsay her.

But please drop by and toast the happy couple and also the successful launch of the ‘New Bar by the Lake’

See you all there…..

burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

My god Mobi don,t do it lad,have the bloody party but leave the legal thingy on the backburner-why make one woman miserable for the rest of her life when there,s plenty out there looking for a bit of rumpy pumpy with no "strings" LOL attached clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by petermik

after a 3 ½ year courtship, it will be Mobi’s sixth and final marriage

Good luck for the happy couple. 402.gif I wish health and happiness for the future. wai2.gif

I hope the party is up to your usual standard. intheclub.gif

(I thought you would have learned by now. ph34r.png )

Well the deed is done and once again I am a kept man.

The live music is booked, the food is arranged and extra chairs have been ordered... so all is set for our bar opening/wedding party.

Hope to see you all there....

Yesterday morning we went to the amphur at Banglamung to do the ‘dreaded deed’ and as ever, the official found a few minor bureaucratic errors in our paperwork.

I thought for a moment that this must be a fate-ordained escape but poor Lek looked at the official through doleful eyes and pleaded with her, adding that we had already been to Bangkok twice to obtain the correct paper work and that if we had to go again we would have to cancel the wedding party.

To my amazement, the lady took pity on us and agreed that she would overlook the discrepancies and go ahead with the marriage.

So an hour later, I made an honest woman of Lek.

Mobi’s sixth and final marriage was up and running.

So please come along on Friday if you have half an hour to spare to toast the happy couple and also help us to celebrate two months of successful trading at Mobi’s.

See y’all there….

Yesterday morning we went to the amphur at Banglamung to do the dreaded deed and as ever, the official found a few minor bureaucratic errors in our paperwork.

I thought for a moment that this must be a fate-ordained escape but poor Lek looked at the official through doleful eyes and pleaded with her, adding that we had already been to Bangkok twice to obtain the correct paper work and that if we had to go again we would have to cancel the wedding party.

To my amazement, the lady took pity on us and agreed that she would overlook the discrepancies and go ahead with the marriage.

Mobis sixth and final marriage was up and running.

So please come along on Friday if you have half an hour to spare to toast the happy couple and also help us to celebrate two months of successful trading at Mobis.

See yall there.

That word "final" troubles me somewhat. How can one be so sure?

Anyway, best wishes ans see you Friday

Yesterday morning we went to the amphur at Banglamung to do the ‘dreaded deed’ and as ever, the official found a few minor bureaucratic errors in our paperwork.

Mobi’s sixth and final marriage was up and running.

So please come along on Friday if you have half an hour to spare to toast the happy couple and also help us to celebrate two months of successful trading at Mobi’s.

See y’all there….

SIXTH ?-my goodness Mobi you must like wedding cake cheesy.gif

• Like 1

post-25991-0-19699800-1403761279_thumb.p

It's D-Day minus one.....Yes, Mobi's big bash is only 1 day away...

Don't forget to drop by Mobi's tomorrow evening where we will whooping it up for our double celebration.....

Edited by Mobi

post-25991-0-23328300-1403839334_thumb.p

The New Bar by the Lake

Tonight is Party Night at Mobi’s

Final Reminder of our Double Celebration tonight.

Ø Two months of successful trading

Ø The marriage of Mr & Mrs Mobi

Come and join the fun.

Free Food!

Live Music!

The evening kicks off at 7 p.m.