Mobi’s - The New Bar on Lake Mabprachan

Mobis

Mobi,

Very sorry to hear this, but from someone who also suffers with ridiculously high BP (even with meds) and diabetes (albeit kind of in control) I absolutely understand your decision, it's a shame you can't find a happy medium so you can remain wit the bar.

I will be by the lake next weekend and have planned to come in to the bar, so hopefully we can meet then.

totster smile.png

Thank you Totster, and all the others who have posted kind comments.

These days I am rarely at the bar before around 7 p.m. but I am more than happy to go there a bit earlier if I know in advance that someone is coming along for a chat.

Today has been a bit quiet compared to the crowds of past 2 days, but there has been a reasonable trickle of customers coming and going all day - some to watch the F1, some the football, and others just to have a quiet drink and/or chat with the girls.

There is absolutely no doubt that Mobi's consistently does much better most of the other bars around here.If you don't believe me come and take a look.

There is now only 2 customers left, but It's still only 10.30 pm so who knows what may happen before we close....

Still the same two customers, but they keep ringing the bell to wake all the ladies up!!

I'm not complaining....smile.png

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You not showing the Leicester City V Man Utd match on sunday 21st @ 19.30?

I confess I missed that match on the Sunday schedule. Thank you for pointing it out.

I am more than happy to show that match. Please advise us when you arrive and we will ensure your preference.

Note that the match will be shown on one screen only as the other screen will be showing the Singapore Grand Prix.

Nice night at Mobi's with Hamilton stitching up Vetel at Marina Bay and Leicester City stitching up Man U at the King Power Stadium.

Two screens, gracious host, friendly ladies.... and then they put on Abba.

Check bin!

Sorry about the Abba...if you stayed it would have got better...smile.png

The truth is my watch had stopped and I thought I had time to play some music, but after 10 minutes or so we were into the Man City/ Chelsea match which started slowly but turned into a corker...

City down to 10 men, Chelsea go ahead, then 1-1 with Lampard scoring against his old club.

If looks could kill then Jose would have 50,000 dead souls at his feet.

Edited by Mobi

it would be nice if the followers here are able to drop by for a glass of something,,,,,,as with any business sale the better the takings are the better the prospects for a fast a smooth sale

Since 98% of the posts in this thread are from Mobi, and moderators, can you please point out the followers .

Maybe you are not familiar with the term follower. A follower and a poster are not the same. Plenty of people follow this thread to see how things are going. Its mostly an informational and entertaining thread.

Maybe you should follow another thread if you don't have anything constructive to say.

• Like 2

it would be nice if the followers here are able to drop by for a glass of something,,,,,,as with any business sale the better the takings are the better the prospects for a fast a smooth sale

Since 98% of the posts in this thread are from Mobi, and moderators, can you please point out the followers .

Maybe you are not familiar with the term follower. A follower and a poster are not the same. Plenty of people follow this thread to see how things are going. Its mostly an informational and entertaining thread.

Maybe you should follow another thread if you don't have anything constructive to say.

Maybe you should mind your own business, since I have a right to post my opinion, as long as I stay within forum rules.

Bickering about things other than the sponsor's bar per se is going nowhere so please desist or face post removals or worse. Thanks. petercool - moderator

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

THREE posts continuing to argue were removed and more removals will follow if needed. The earlier ones were left as being before the request to stop bickering

I suppose I'm a follower not a poster,but I am now. Never been to Mobi's but hope to soon. I wish Mobi well with his health problems and a quick sale to hopefully someone who will carry on his good work and style. Cheers

Don't let one t### spoil a good thread

• Like 1

Mobi’s Bar for Sale

Lake Mabprachan is a fast growing residential area of East Pattaya and contains dozens of large, gated communities housing thousands of foreign residents. The area now has its own shops, banks, restaurants, markets, pubs, bars etc which serve the ever-expanding local community.

Mobi's Bar is in at a prime location, overlooking Lake Mabprachan, on the ‘Darkside’ of Pattaya.

· Seating for approx. 30 customers.

· Large kitchen.

· Pool table area

· Upstairs accommodation for staff. including bedding.

· Assets include: central bar with 3 sides, bar fittings and high bar tables, bar chairs and stools, pool table with balls cues, etc.,2 large flat screen TV's, CD sound system with hard wired speakers, Drinks chiller cabinet, Deep Freezer chest, 2 large ice containers for beer, fans (ceiling and potable), micro wave, cooking equipment, computerised till system (POS), electric hot water container, special bar lighting, drinking glasses, bottle ‘condoms’, plates, mugs, cups, eating utensils, etc and much more….

Under the heavily promoted ‘Mobi’ banner the bar has become a profitable ‘going concern’. Spread sheets showing monthly sales etc, are available to prospective buyers.

It is fully equipped and operational so no additional capital expenditure will be required by new owner.

A new, 3 year lease will be available in new owner's name, who will have the option of keeping the Mobi’ name.

The sale is due to the chronic ill health of current bar owner.

Coordinates of the bar are: 12.920558,100.960837

Anyone who is seriously interested can PM me for further details. (Click on my avatar and then click ‘Send me a message’.)

post-25991-0-44459200-1411540971_thumb.j post-25991-0-11485400-1411540960_thumb.j

post-25991-0-17346800-1411540962_thumb.j post-25991-0-35300000-1411540964_thumb.j

post-25991-0-77949800-1411540966_thumb.j post-25991-0-98227100-1411540968_thumb.j

Mobi’s Weekend of Sport

There is no Formula one this weekend. The next race is in Japan, on the weekend of 4/5 October.

EPL Football.

Saturday 27 September 2014

18:45 Liverpool v Everton

21:00 Chelsea v Aston Villa

21:00 Man Utd v West Ham

Sunday 28 September 2014

22:00 West Brom v Burnley

Ryder Cup Golf

Transmission is not available on any TV channels to which we have access.

However, we will check the internet and if we find any streams that are good enough, we will try to show some of the matches.

Watch this space for further details.

Just a reminder that we will be showing the Liverpool/ Everton game at 6.45 this evening, and at 9 pm, Chelsea v Aston Villa

and Man Utd v West Ham.

I've had mixed success with trying to stream the Ryder cup Golf, so I may - or not - be showing it in between the football games. The internet connection at the bar is weaker than the one at home, so live streaming may not be viable.

We had a bit of an emergency yesterday when our Largest TV screen went on the blink. We rushed it down to a TV repair shop but as yet no word of whether it is fixable and how long it will take. It's only 4 months old, but I'm guessing the lightning has done its nasty work, although it was still working when we turned it off late at night and the next day - zilch!

In the meantime, I've brought my TV from home and it is now sitting at the rear of the bar to provide the 2-screen service as well as channelling the audio.

The TV repair man has just called. You won't believe this....

He told us that a jing jok had got inside and had wreaked havoc with the electronics.

He wants 6K to repair it.

Is this possible? How could a jing jok get inside a sealed casing? Has anyone heard of this happening before?

No, but it is possible, some of them are very small and there will normally be some vents on a TV where they can enter.

You will normal have 1 year warranty on a TV but from what I can understand you didn't use that?

I heard about ants entering computers and giving problems.

No I didn't use the warranty as it would have delayed the repairs interminably and I need to get it back to the bar ASAP.

I can only assume that he telling the truth as there are certainly plenty of jing joks living in the bar.

• Like 1

No I didn't use the warranty as it would have delayed the repairs interminably and I need to get it back to the bar ASAP.

I can only assume that he telling the truth as there are certainly plenty of jing joks living in the bar.

I quite believe the Jing joks they can get everywhere. It is hard to see where the 6000 baht came though as this is quite a bit.

The TV repair man has just called. You won't believe this....

He told us that a jing jok had got inside and had wreaked havoc with the electronics.

He wants 6K to repair it.

Is this possible? How could a jing jok get inside a sealed casing? Has anyone heard of this happening before?

I once had a problem with the socket ring tripping, couldn't work out why. When the electrician investigated he found a small jing jock had got inside the trip switch and was causing the short (and showed me).. So yes..I believe!

totster smile.png

• Like 1

It’s a very quiet Sunday night and not many customers in to see the late game – but I guess WBA/Burnley doesn't exactly stir the footy passions...

For those of a karaoke disposition, we’re having yet another karaoke night on Wednesday, 1st October, to bid farewell to one of our lovely ladies who is returning home to Nong Khai.

There’ll be a fair amount of Thai songs, but also some western ones if anyone fancies giving their vocal chords an airing.

See you there…all you budding singers…and listeners...

Last night was another very late night – the third one in a row – and I didn’t get to bed well until after 4 am.

These late late nights are not doing my health any good, especially when I have to get up early to take care of a bit of urgent business in town; so as we are having a karaoke night today, I will probably stay at home, or if I do go, it won’t be for very long.

I’m not needed anyway as it a girls’ night and they will all be hogging the microphone, and Mobi’s regular music videos will stay silent for a change.

But of course Mobi’s will be more than willing to let any budding singers amongst the customers join in the fun and croon a few western songs.

This time, we will try to keep the volume of the music within bounds, (and the girls screaming to a minimum), so please drop by, have a drink or two and join in/watch the high jinks.

Sport at Mobi’s this coming weekend

FORMULA ONE GRAND PRIX at JAPAN (Suzuka)

Saturday, 4th October

12 NOON

Qualifying

Sunday, 5th October

1.00 pm

Main race

EPL FOOTBALL

Saturday, 4th October

There is no early game.

9.00 pm.

Any two of:

Hull v Crystal Palace

Leicester v Burnley

Liverpool v West Brom

Sunderland v Stoke

Swansea v Newcastle

(You choose….)

11.30 p.m.

Aston Villa v Man City

Sunday, 5th October

6.00 p.m.

Man Utd v Everton

8.05 p.m.

Chelsea v Arsenal

Tottenham v Southampton

10:15 pm

West Ham v QPR

To those who only read my updates here on Thai Visa, here is a blog excerpt which contains my weekly 'Barfly Tale'

Mobi's Tales from a barfly

The "Accrington Stanley" contingent

Last week, I recounted the tale of a certain group of northern gentleman who kept Mobi’s bar open until the very late hours. On that occasion, I was fortunate as Lek and I were able to call it a day at around 2 a.m. and hand over the reins to Auntie and two other girls who had succeeded in staying awake at such ungodly hours.

Those particular customers did not depart until well after 3 am. and the next evening, they were back again for yet another very late night session.

They chided me for not downloading the music they had requested on the previous evening.

I expressed my sincere apologies, and promised to have all their requested songs on the Mobi- playlist for their next visit, should they deign to return again after I had transgressed so badly…

I should add at this point that these gents all hailed from Accrington in Lancashire, in the north west of England.

So what their broad Lancashire accents, the loud background music at the bar, and my long-since damaged ear-drums, I was experiencing severe difficulty in understanding anything they were trying to tell me

When they had requested their favourite singers on the previous night, I had insisted that they write down the names of the artists, as I had no idea what they were talking about.

The same went for much of our fractured conversation – and we often resorted to writing on pads, which were handed back and forth, to clarify points being made or questions asked…

We were truly a bunch of Englishmen divided by a common language.

As regards my failure to download their music, the truth of the matter is that I never dreamed that they would come back again so soon. Their requested song tracks – Morrissey, James Morrison, The Smiths and others of similar ilk were not exactly high up on my list of personal favourites.

So I breathed a sigh of relief when the foursome told me that they wouldn't be keeping me up too late as they were all tired from their earlier exertions - whatever that might have meant - and they would be having an ‘early night’.

They were sort of true to their word and called it a night at the 'early' hour of 1 a.m., and we able to close the bar soon after.

As they left, one of them promised one of our ladies that he would return the next evening to continue where he had left off – smooching and…. you know….

Their third visit on as many nights was probably the most memorable.

It was the 30th September, and I had much to do when the bar closed. I had to draw down month end reports, re-set the till computer for the start of the new month, initiate the end of month stock check and much more besides.

I wasn't relishing the prospect of sitting there all night waiting for the last customer to go home before I could commence my end of month tasks.

The foursome arrived early and ordered their Heinekens. (Yes, strangely, they all drank Heineken beer and had already drunk us dry of that particular beer brand on their two previous visits.)

(I wonder if Heineken tastes like Accrington mild?...)

The girls had long since christened them the ‘Heineken gang’ and as they once again settled in for the night, the gentleman who was on a 'promise' with one of our girls, grabbed one of our girls to sit with him within seconds of his arrival.

He ordered her a lady’s drink, and everything was soon getting quite steamy yet again.

There was only one problem. The lady sitting on his lap wasn't the same lady who he had promised to continue with on his previous visit.

Did he know she wasn't the same girl as last night? I wondered. After all he was pretty pissed.

Or there again, maybe he had decided to try something new..

My question was soon answered when he caught my eye and shouted:

‘Mobi! - trouble t’office over’ere… can yer coom an' ‘elp me oot?...’

'What’s the problem Steve?' I asked.

‘Is this same girl I ‘ad last neet?’ he asked me, in his broad Accrington-speak

‘No Steve she isn’t. The one you were with last night is sitting over there,’ I said pointing to the corner table where all the girls were sitting.

‘Ee, ah thought sommat weren't reet’, says Steve, ‘ can ee call ‘er over?’

I beckoned to the lady of the previous evening to come over and Steve made the two of them stand side by side, and then immediately sent the new girl packing and put his arm around the waist of the old one.

He didn't buy a fresh lady’s drink but insisted that the late-comer finish off the previous girl’s drink before ordering a new one.

Everyone, girls included, thought it was hilarious, and the evening was off to a fun start.

By the third day I knew they were going to become regulars, so I had downloaded all their music and proceeded to play their requested tracks, one after another.

The music bored most of us, but it delighted the Heineken Gang from Accrington.

The beers continued to flow and the gang became ever more inebriated.

At around midnight, one of my favourite customers – the infamous German gentleman known as 'Raro' arrived, and he immediately fell into discussion about rock music with one of the foursome.

Remarkably, Raro’s German English seemed to be more comprehensible to the Accrington foursome than Mobi’s real English, and a lively discussion ensued - without the need to resort to writing pads.

Two more of the gang had now coupled up with two of Mobi girls and by 2 a.m. the three had paid their bar fines and were anxious to be gone – back to their rooms for more fun.

The only problem was that gent number four was still in deep conversation with Raro and had no intention of leaving. He also happened to be the keeper and driver of their single vehicle.

At 2.30 a.m. I asked Raro if he was going to order any more beers, and when he replied in the negative I gently persuaded him to settle his bill. We now had only one bill outstanding – the keeper of the car. But would he pay up? No way.

He was determined to continue his discussion with Raro and was telling him about all his experiences and personal involvement with some famous rock bands through the years.

Raro – who is a completely crazy about rock music, and is even a budding rock guitarist, was all ears.

It went on and on…

The three gents and three Mobi’s ladies sat waiting – patiently and drunkenly -for the fourth member of their gang to pay up and go.

I should add that I have never known Raro to stay so late – and I have doubts whether he received much of a welcome from the redoubtable 'Mrs Raro' when he finally made it back home.

We waited and waited…

Finally at well past 3 a.m. all the Heineken bottles were empty and the last drinker reluctantly decided to ‘check his bin’.

Thank the Lord!

Although we had tried to work around the late-nighters as much as possible with our month-end chores, there was still much to do, and it wasn't until around 5 a.m. that we finally hit the pillow.

Unfortunately, after less than 3 hours sleep we both had to get up at 8 a.m. as we had some urgent business in Pattaya, and by the time we got back home in the late afternoon, I felt as sick as a dog.

I didn’t make the bar at all that evening….

Such is the life of a bar-owning 'barfly'.

I would have thought that the easiest way to get the Accrington Gang rolling away was to inform them the Heineken had run out. smile.png

The Heineken did run out - more than once - but we rushed out and bought replacements...

'Never turn away paying customers, provided they behave themselves' is an adage I have adopted since we opened Mobi's.

Sometimes it is very hard to stick to this, but we have little choice if we want to keep our customers happy.

But at what cost to my health?....

That's why I am selling up.