Justice arrives on the scene to steal Suthep's thunder

webfact

As this writer aptly points out, it is the courts - and not Suthep - that will be the determining factor. That has been clear for some time. And that's how it should be - this should be placed in the hands of those institutions that are empowered by the constitution. But this is not to deflect from the very real impact the PDRC has had. Without Suthep's efforts to galvanize and energize the movement in the wake of the amnesty bill, Yingluck would not have dissolved parliament on December 9, nor found herself and her administration in such a tight spot ever since. But make no mistake, it is the law that is catching up with the Yingluck administration - not Suthep. And the law will have the final word.

The spin doctor is working hard this morning.

Will Suthep go away if the court doesn't rule in his favor?

Will YL/Thaksin go away if the court doesn't rule in her/his favor?

Will you keep spinning, regardless of the outcome?

Let me guess: no, no, yes

Doctor he is not.

What you call a spin reveals that Scamper have invested and adhere emotionally to the tribal ideology driving Suthep and his mob.

So consumed he is by the righteous fervour, that the emotion clouds any intellectual function.

There is no cure for the apocryphal doctor

You could apply that to every red shirted supporter on here.... including and especially yourself.

• Like 1

As this writer aptly points out, it is the courts - and not Suthep - that will be the determining factor. That has been clear for some time. And that's how it should be - this should be placed in the hands of those institutions that are empowered by the constitution. But this is not to deflect from the very real impact the PDRC has had. Without Suthep's efforts to galvanize and energize the movement in the wake of the amnesty bill, Yingluck would not have dissolved parliament on December 9, nor found herself and her administration in such a tight spot ever since. But make no mistake, it is the law that is catching up with the Yingluck administration - not Suthep. And the law will have the final word.

The spin doctor is working hard this morning.

Will Suthep go away if the court doesn't rule in his favor?

Will YL/Thaksin go away if the court doesn't rule in her/his favor?

Will you keep spinning, regardless of the outcome?

Let me guess: no, no, yes

Doctor he is not.

What you call a spin reveals that Scamper have invested and adhere emotionally to the tribal ideology driving Suthep and his mob.

So consumed he is by the righteous fervour, that the emotion clouds any intellectual function.

There is no cure for the apocryphal doctor

You could apply that to every red shirted supporter on here.... including and especially yourself.

You prove my point about having a clouded intellect. Paranoia is more likely in your case. IE: those who do not agree with you have to support the red shirts.

What makes you think that I support the Red shirts?

Your poor syntax and choice of words indicate that you are a Thai PDRC fifth column in TV trying to sway farangs opinions in the fora.

Haven't we been treated to the final day prediction by the Nation since the first day Suterp started his personal crusade. This opinion piece should be in the writer personal blog not on national newspaper as it scaring the people and businesses. Unelected PM is constitutionally illegal unless Suterp is bold enough to tear up the constitution and snatch power. Then he will face the wrath of the people power. Army step in and Suterp will be arrested and trial for treason.

Eric.... come down from planet Zug-Zug and back to the real world.. If this was the UK ,Suthep would be knighted..He will go down in history as a Great Thai Leader and a Hero.. unlike you who will just go down... pathetic... w00t.gif

And would he have to hand back the land he has stolen and the money he has made from Palm Oil scams etc.

Add that In 1995, Suthep’s Sor Por Kor 4-01 land scheme scandal led to the downfall of the Democrat-led Chuan Leekpai government.

As a Minister of Agriculture he resigned under threat of being indicted.... Of course. there’s the rubber shenanigans during the Abhisit Vejjajiva-led government...

Before they resigned to "protest" the defunct Amnesty Bill Suthep had four family members in politics. He is the most powerful man in the Democrat Party as he controls the southern MPs.

Is that the crooked hero you wish on the UK? .

The court can do their hatchet job for Yingluck but will leave the cabinet alone that allows the caretaker government to continue till the election. I think that will be aceptable to Taksin and PT. Important for them to prevent Suterp seizing power if there is no government. Yingluck is prepare to go and a new caretaker PM can be appointed. Also think Ahbisit plan is all about the Shin family to leave politics, set up reform council, election and next government implement reform. From sources, Taksin is ready to withdraw his family from politics. Now that is a great sacrifice.

Thai politicians promising to stay out of politics is quite common practice.

Doesn't really stop any of them meddling, fronting replacement candidates and pulling the strings.

I don't think either side believes it for real.

Haven't we been treated to the final day prediction by the Nation since the first day Suterp started his personal crusade. This opinion piece should be in the writer personal blog not on national newspaper as it scaring the people and businesses. Unelected PM is constitutionally illegal unless Suterp is bold enough to tear up the constitution and snatch power. Then he will face the wrath of the people power. Army step in and Suterp will be arrested and trial for treason.

Eric.... come down from planet Zug-Zug and back to the real world.. If this was the UK ,Suthep would be knighted..He will go down in history as a Great Thai Leader and a Hero.. unlike you who will just go down... pathetic... w00t.gif

If this was the UK ,Suthep would be knighted.

That's precisely why I'm here. coffee1.gif

Poor analysis.Suthep's job was to destabilse politics which he has done.The attempt to suggest there is some kind of basic conflict between Suthep and the partisan judicial system is eyewash.Given that a military coup is now recognised as counterproductive the baton fell to the courts but an unprepared judicial coup could also backfire.That's why the old elites are grateful to Suthep.But he was never more than an attack dog (who will be put down if he cannot be controlled).As to the final word I would be more cautious before suggesting the rigged courts will always have it.This kind of transparent partisanship may simply entrench a Thaksinite majority among the electorate.And some time before too long an election will have to be held.

I do hope that theses same courts take as much an intersect in Suthep when it's all over and he then hands himself over to the police then if you believe the courts have to act responsibly!!

I'm willing to bet that he has NO intention of handing himself in and will continue to act with his own self importance and impunity at that! If he and Abhisit are serious about uniting Thailand and beeline they have the majority then why have they not been campaigning in Issan or any other UDD/PTP stronghold?

Lack of bottle or support?

lack of bottle is not the issue ..do you seriously not know why a democrat cant campaign in issan..i find that hard to believe..

• Like 1

I do hope that theses same courts take as much an intersect in Suthep when it's all over and he then hands himself over to the police then if you believe the courts have to act responsibly!!

I'm willing to bet that he has NO intention of handing himself in and will continue to act with his own self importance and impunity at that! If he and Abhisit are serious about uniting Thailand and beeline they have the majority then why have they not been campaigning in Issan or any other UDD/PTP stronghold?

Lack of bottle or support?

lack of bottle is not the issue ..do you seriously not know why a democrat cant campaign in issan..i find that hard to believe..

He's inadvertently let the cat out of the bag - for Abhisit to canvass in many parts of Isan he'd need an army regiment to keep away the red shirt intimidation militia. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten his close brush with death in 2009 when the reds attacked him in Pattaya.

"But this time he sounded deadly serious."

Next time he will sound even more than deadly serious. Just you wait and see.

Dear Mr. Suthep, the Elections are in July 24th around the corner, you've already lost and Thaksin is gonna take revenge and this is "deadlier serious" than your few million people protests.

Thaksin the legend will never die, and this time he will take revenge on you, Abhisit and rest of the independent agencies, Thawil and the rebelling rice farmers with a lethal vengeance.

And this is deadly serious!!!!

and of course all done democratically.

The court can do their hatchet job for Yingluck but will leave the cabinet alone that allows the caretaker government to continue till the election. I think that will be aceptable to Taksin and PT. Important for them to prevent Suterp seizing power if there is no government. Yingluck is prepare to go and a new caretaker PM can be appointed. Also think Ahbisit plan is all about the Shin family to leave politics, set up reform council, election and next government implement reform. From sources, Taksin is ready to withdraw his family from politics. Now that is a great sacrifice.

I have read, and give the story a probability of about 0.67, that Thaksin was carrying on negotiations with the royalists to keep some large part of his fortune and take it out of the country. They are not willing to allow him any win at all, thinking they can destroy him. In the Chinese classic, The Art of War, Sun Tzu writes that the wise general always leaves his enemy a way to escape; otherwise they will fight to the death with a ferocity unimaginable.I don't know why the court and the NACC have moved so slowly, but it suggests there are deep divisions among the factions behind Suthep. Some of them seem to insist that the end game must be played according to the constitution, which certainly is not what Suthep and the PDRC have been saying. Every day is fraught with danger. The elephant in the room will not wait forever.

Great Thai Leader and a Hero. cheesy.gif

Great Thai Leader and a Hero. cheesy.gif

Bakseeda - Suthep. The Mandela of the East.

Amazing how people have time traveling skills on TVF and can predict how people view Suthep in 40- years when Mandela was viewed as a terrorist up until 2008 by the USA.

Give it 40 years and some will be pretty embarrassed.

They laugh now, just as Mendela's opponents did when they said in 1985 that Mandela would go down in history as a great South African Leader.

Rest assured the people that laughed then are no longer laughing. They,as binjalin is, are not time travelers.

You're right bakseeda. Time will judge Suthep and rest assured my friend that judge cannot be impeached, intimidated or have sh#t thrown at it.

That judge will judge Suthep as it did Mandela.

Edited by djjamie

suthep is a mad man gone completely stark raving mad. This is not about democracy for suthep it is completely and totaly about suthep's personal hatered for the Shins.

And the problem with that is .......?