I'm Actually More Of A Rum Drinker

Michael W

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Thai whiskey, Mekong (I think), is not bad -- and it tastes like rum.

technically it is rum...

Why is it technically Rum?

I thought Rum was distilled from either sugarcane or molasses, and I thought Mekong was made from Rice?

Not that any of this really matters, but here's the opinion of the Beverage Testing Institute for gin and rum.
wow.....what a great website....
Well I can personally vouch for

CruzanSingleBarrel.jpg ____ and ____ RonMatusalemGranReserva.jpg

though at about US$30 a 750 bottle, my drinking habit could not afford them on a regular basis. As I was before going through about a bottle a week, I economized to the still respectfully rated

CruzanEstateDark.jpg

And now in Thailand, compared to the above, I actually find this still fairly drinkable:

Similan5.jpg

(Oh, and all the bottles are clickable. :o)

• 1 month later...

British Navy Pusser's Rum is the same Admiralty blend of five West Indian rums as issued on board British warships, and it is with the Admiralty's blessing and approval that Pusser's is now available to the consumer.

The Royal Navy Sailor's Fund, a naval charity more commonly called the "Tot Fund" receives a substantial donation from the sale of each bottle of British Navy Pusser's Rum. Aside from the fund's original bequest, the Pusser's contribution has become the fund's largest source of income.

Today's Pusser's Rum, known as "the single malt of rum" is still produced in exact accordance with the Admiralty's specifications for rum. Unlike most rums, Pusser's uses no flavoring agents. It is 100% natural. In 2001, Pusser's was awarded the "Gold Medal - World's Premier Dark Rum" at the International Wine & Spirits Festival. In 2003, Pusser's Rum won a "Double Gold Medal" at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and a Gold Medal at the same festival in 2005.

Last time I bought a bottle in the UK it cost me about £28. In the Caribbean five years ago we were buying them for $7.95 buy six get one free!! Anyone know if you can get Pussers in Thailand?

post-30339-1155699006_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jimbo551

I´ve since tasted and adored a wonderufl array of rums.

I still stick with Botran Añejo and Zacapa as my top rums. :o

Guatemalan Rum, hrmmm

Try this "Havana Club Cuban Barrel Proof" you can get hold of it, then let me know if you like it.

Now thats a good rum, Cheers

redrum..... redrum..... redrum.....redrum.... :o

totster tcwozereeng.gif

Murder he wrote, murder he wroooote

:D

No fella, you want this thread (Musical Wisdom). Do not be puttin Chakka Deemus and Pliers in there though.....! :D:D

redrus

I actually think that Totser was occupying himself with some ol fashion backwards masking.

:D

Seriously, dont know if you can get hold of this rum. If you can, youre up for an experience...Yum Yum

Havana Club Cuban Barrel Proof

British Navy Pusser's Rum is the same Admiralty blend of five West Indian rums as issued on board British warships, and it is with the Admiralty's blessing and approval that Pusser's is now available to the consumer.

Fab drink :D When i was in the Royal Navy i once went to the brewery, in Tortola. Don't remember much after going through the entrance :o Also, the last "Tot" we got issued when i was in, was when Prince Charles and Diana got married.

Talk about girlie drinks, a ship I was on, all the hairy bumed Engineers where drinking

What ship's did you serve Mr Jones? I did the majority of my time on HMS Fearless and HMS Achilles

• 2 weeks later...

Havana club barrel proof.

I´m not yet fasmiliar with that one, but I´ll keep an eye out (equally failing eyesight)

The regular havan club añejo 3 years we have in stock now. It

s so so.

I use it, along with Botran añejo and Don Q 151 in my Mojito preperations.

Havana club barrel proof.

I´m not yet fasmiliar with that one, but I´ll keep an eye out (equally failing eyesight)

The regular havan club añejo 3 years we have in stock now. It

s so so.

I use it, along with Botran añejo and Don Q 151 in my Mojito preperations.

Well, seems like the stuff is that good taht even your spellchecker cannot cope with your typos anymore... :o

whisky too is my favorite drink, but in 5 years in LOS and now two in Guatemala, A good whisky is hard to find.

Only cos I´m a booze snob though. I grew up drinking all my brother´s Talisker, and you never drink anything else after that.