English Resident of Pattaya shot in the face by 'European' in Jomtien

webfact

English Resident of Pattaya shot in the face by "European" in Jomtien

england-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just before 7.30pm on Sunday Night a 41 year old English Resident was shot in the face by a man described as “European” in appearance, at the culmination of a heated argument in front of a village in Jomtien.

The victim, who was shot with a 38 caliber weapon, was named as Mr. Andrew Alexandar who sustained a single gunshot wound to his right cheek. He was given medical assistance at the scene and then transported to Banglamung Hospital for further treatment.

According to witnesses, the victim was seen initially speaking on the phone with someone, at the front of Sea Breeze Jomtien Residence in Soi Watboon, and he appeared concerned at the outcome of the conversation.

Moments later a man, described as “European” in appearance, arrived on a motorbike and a heated argument between the pair took place. Then, the motorbike driver produced a firearm and shot at Mr. Alexandar before leaving on his bike towards Jomtien Beach.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127087/english-resident-of-pattaya-shot-in-the-face-by-european-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-05

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Violent night. Around midnight there was another shooting - this one just 50m from the gogo bar in Jomtien.

Victim on motorbike quite dead with a bullet hole in the head visible. Not sure if the two stories

are connected.

this one? http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127081/thai-american-killed-in-jomtien-road-accident/

No. This was a shooting in front of Jontien Beach road. I don't see any official report yet.

looks Russian, not English. Names sounds Russian too

oh why I am not surprise about this comment ....... no Russian involved in this but one bashing about appearance .... He looks very Brit for me by the way and he is luck to be alive , that is what you should be happy about ....

oh why I am not surprise about this comment ....... no Russian involved in this but one bashing about appearance .... He looks very Brit for me by the way and he is luck to be alive , that is what you should be happy about ....

Strange that the OP refers to him as an "English Resident" (in the sub-headline). Of course you can't be an "English citizen", but perhaps I am making too much of the choice of words.

Edited by tigermonkey
  • Like 1

Lucky, lucky guy. A few millimeters this way or that, a different angle and he would have been disfigured or dead. I hope he got by with just a grazed cheek.

• Like 1

whos happy?

There are firearms involved, if this guy refuse to help the police with their enquirers why not just lock him up and take his phone off him and find out who he called.

Nanny-state solution: Punish the victim.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Violent night. Around midnight there was another shooting - this one just 50m from the gogo bar in Jomtien.

Victim on motorbike quite dead with a bullet hole in the head visible. Not sure if the two stories

are connected.

this one? http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127081/thai-american-killed-in-jomtien-road-accident/

Do you know the difference between a shooting and a road accident?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

are connected.

Do you know the difference between a shooting and a road accident?

would you stake your life on ANYthing that you see in the thai media?

Edited by wuk fit

was shot in the face by a man described as “European”

By a European.....

Just wondering where this european could have learned the behaviour from? alt=whistling.gif>

That is not in the story!

Witnesses have told police what happened.

The honourable Mr. Alexandar refused to speak to the police.

Sounds fishy to me. Mafiosi don't talk.

This was probably just a warning shot.

Another case for the TV desktop detectives, any more clues so far? I have my magnifying glass and pencil ready to investigate thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

was shot in the face by a man described as European

By a European.....

Just wondering where this european could have learned the behaviour from? alt=whistling.gif>

That is not in the story!

Witnesses have told police what happened.

The honourable Mr. Alexandar refused to speak to the police.

Sounds fishy to me. Mafiosi don't talk.

This was probably just a warning shot.

Another case for the TV desktop detectives, any more clues so far? I have my magnifying glass and pencil ready to investigate thumbsup.gif

Yes dr Watson, we already established that he is Russian, or not. But is definitely a "quality tourist". The guys that shot him looked European, therefore we can conclude this is a mafia related incident.

The KGB sent a hit an too kill this poor Brit because he may kinda look Russian, or his name sorta, but not really sounds Russian.

Okay! Case closed.

• Like 2

What is it with buffoons in Pattaya using weapons 'going native' as it was.

I recently saw some tattooed shaven headed, open shirted, amulet wearing prat threaten another bloke with a knuckle duster he had under his bike seat. Thought he was a right gangster that one did. He even turned around the assembled group and said "let this serve as a warning to anyone who wants to talk about me behind my back" when no one there actually knew who the knob was.