A re-introduction of the zx10r is far more likely in my opinion.

Thai's aren't really into 600's and I don't think it would sell well, it would be considered a poor mans litre bike, even though it's arguably better suited to the inexperienced market, sketchy Thai roads and smallish Thai tracks than the 1000cc monsters.

Thai's aren't really into 600's and I don't think it would sell well, it would be considered a poor mans litre bike, even though it's arguably better suited to the inexperienced market, sketchy Thai roads and smallish Thai tracks than the 1000cc monsters.

500+ k is no poor man’s bike mate. zx10r is a nice bike especially w/ full electronics package however, zx10r presently is NOT a big" seller in Thailand mate.. If you want big seller than better go with Honda wave... giggle.gif

500+ k is no poor man’s bike mate. zx10r is a nice bike especially w/ full electronics package however, zx10r presently is NOT a big" seller in Thailand mate.. If you want big seller than better go with Honda wave... giggle.gif

Yes, I realize it's no poor man's bike, that's why I used the word "considered".

The ZX10R isn't currently offered through Kawasaki main dealerships, so it's no surprise that it's not a big seller when it's only sporadically available from grey market importers. If Kawasaki offered an unrestricted model at a similar price to Honda's CBR1000RR I have no doubt it would sell well.

So which dealer told you this information about the 636?

At the current US retail of $11,700 and considering it's made in Japan, the price of the 636 would probably be north of 700K (based on Kawi's current pricing of the ZX-14R, which is similarly produced and priced)- I have to agree that it would flounder in LOS as that puts it squarely in liter-bike territory- no argument it's a great bike, but- unless it could come in way cheaper- it would not do well in this market.

There was a 636 at the BKK show last March- a member at GT-R got a little excited and speculated it would be brought in, but there hasn't been any buzz on FB or anywhere else that I've seen.

• 6 months later...

Some of the Kawasaki guys are on FB saying we will know in 2 days if this will

be at the Expo & therefore going to be available in Thailand................or not wink.png

Moto expo....I forgot it starts on the 29th

post-82547-0-75289900-1416999604_thumb.j

Edited by mania

be at the Expo & therefore going to be available in Thailand................or not wink.png

attachicon.gif11.jpg

If memory serves me correct they had one at last years show but it was not coming here.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif11.jpg

If memory serves me correct they had one at last years show but it was not coming here.

Dunno as I have never gotten to one of those shows...Too far for me wink.png

hope to see it here on 28th of November! and hope kawa makes it in Thailand so we can reach it at cheap.

it looks like ninja 300 though unfortunately.

hope to see it in Thailand too, but I doubt. unless we see a CBR600rr by honda.

but, it is imediately distinguishable from the ninja thou, one only has to look at the weels.

hope to see it here on 28th of November! and hope kawa makes it in Thailand so we can reach it at cheap.

but, it is imediately distinguishable from the ninja thou, one only has to look at the weels.

yes brfsa, we can distinguish ninja 300 and ninja 636 but not the girls or normal people:)

yamaha also have plans to bring r6 to Thailand for 500 - 550 k ish thb all i know. There are some rumors about it for some time too.

yes brfsa, we can distinguish ninja 300 and ninja 636 but not the girls or normal people:)

The Ninja 300 is one of the best looking bikes on the road and I know that in all Honda-Kawasaki-etc comparisons the reviewers have all said the same. Each to their own I suppose.

Luckily for normal people and the girls, the Honda CBR 300,500 and 1000 look completely different.....cheesy.gif

• Like 1

The Ninja 300 is one of the best looking bikes on the road and I know that in all Honda-Kawasaki-etc comparisons the reviewers have all said the same. Each to their own I suppose.

Luckily for normal people and the girls, the Honda CBR 300,500 and 1000 look completely different.....cheesy.gif

actually cbr300 and cbr1000rr looks same a bit. personally if i was a cbr1000rr owner, i might get pissed of about this fact. same as poor vfr1200 owners as it has a design same as cbr150 and cbr 250!

ninja 300 is a good looking bike for some - especially when it is released - but for some including me it has a busy design which busy designs get boring faster. Nowadays, hardly recognize a ninja 250 or 300 like before as its busy design aged fast of course.

Yes, each to their own.

Yep....Honda doesn't need to rely on making their training bikes look like the real thing so that their customers can appear more Hi-So than they actually are.

Of course I am jabbing back so please nobody get their knickers in a knot!

Yep....Honda doesn't need to rely on making their training bikes look like the real thing so that their customers can appear more Hi-So than they actually are.

Of course I am jabbing back so please nobody get their knickers in a knot!

I know your jabbing but for myself I never think of a sexy form as trying to be something it is not or Hi-So? as you say

Something especially on two wheels either looks sexy or utilitarian.

Honda's (for Thailand market..except the well proportioned cbr150) have been on a Utilitarian downhill for ages. That does not mean their bad. Just plain looking

Sexy is of course in the eye of the beholder & the opposite could be true for some.

But as Mac said reviewers tend to agree & say whats hot & whats not visually

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

I know your jabbing but for myself I never think of a sexy form as trying to be something it is not or Hi-So? as you say

Something especially on two wheels either looks sexy or utilitarian.

Honda's (for Thailand market..except the well proportioned cbr150) have been on a Utilitarian downhill for ages. That does not mean their bad. Just plain looking

Sexy is of course in the eye of the beholder & the opposite could be true for some.

But as Mac said reviewers tend to agree & say whats hot & whats not visually

In a country where face is everything, to the point that people live in hovels just so they can drive a flash car, a company helping customers appear to have more money than they do (by making the wee bikes indistinguishable from the 'real' bikes with a quick glance) doesn't earn my approval. The fact that one manufacturer makes nicer looking bikes than another means little to me also; overall reliability is more important to me than impressing others-what a little bike that makes people think one spent a lot of money on because they think it's bigger than it is. Unfortunately that's the sad reality in this country. One time I was out riding in BKK on my CB500X and got stuck in traffic over by Siam. One of the mocyc taxi drivers stopped beside me and asked how big the bike was. I responded and he said "Oh...little" as he sat on his 125cc Wave. I shouldn't have, but just blurted out "ใช่เล็กเหมือนกล้วยไทย". Juvenile I know, but sometimes the outstanding stupidity gets the best of me.

And if you listened to mass media, I'm sure you agree that Justin Beiber and Iggy Azalea are the best artists of this decade....am-I-right-or-what?

As a side note, for the same reasons I wouldn't ever buy a Honda car. The culture that went/goes with it (ricers) is not what I'd wish to be associated with.

attachicon.gif11.jpg

So, what’s the verdict?

Not guilty by reason of insanity ;)

I am up north so do not get to the shows but...

As far as I have seen though it does not appear to have come or at least I have seen

no pics/reports on Thai FB etc.

attachicon.gif11.jpg

So, what’s the verdict?

Not guilty by reason of insanity wink.png

I am up north so do not get to the shows but...

As far as I have seen though it does not appear to have come or at least I have seen

no pics/reports on Thai FB etc.

Yeah, seems the rumors were false...