PM Yingluck removed from office

webfact

I guess we do need reforms before elections. That is reform of the court system with is more corrupt than any government. Reform the courts before elections.

Yes YesYes ! a lot of fat old geriatrics who have been "cock of the pen" for far too long. About time they went to the judicial knackery. They are well past their 'use by date'

same old story

when the Red shirts where let off for there "getting the thugs wound up in the burn Bangkok down" and the bail not revoked they where a learned lot

Take out your idols and they are old geriatrics

wonder why some people not get bored of the same old spin

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

judicial coup that we all expected when the yellow thugs could not unseat her... can always reply on the 'old guard' to protect their own

Or you could say we can always rely on a Shinawatra to NOT follow the rules!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If we have a civil war will the expats be asked to leave the country? Or will they still be safe for them to live here?

There won't be a civil war; the government has tanks and F16s, whereas the Reds don't even have the farmers' tractors any more.

The army cannot even defeat the insurgents in the South, how the hell do you think they will handle a determined force of 100,000 or more from within. Looking at your profile picture, I would guess that you should know by now that wars are not won on fire power but more often than not by cause.

Easy... both sides (Army & Red's) follow the ancient Thai mantra of........ Mai Pen Rai!

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises somewhere.

At least she is surrounded by plenty of other family members who share the experience and shame of being found guilty in the courts and hopefully that will be a comfort at this difficult time. wai2.gif

Their is no disgrace is being the victim of an unjust and corrupted legal system.

History will be very, very kind to Miss Yingluck.

She did a fantastic job for her nation, her people, her party, her family and for all women of the world.

How history records the antics and crimes of the judges handing down these ridiculous verdicts is another matter entirely.

The current contempt they are held in by their international peers is just the beginning of what awaits these stooges.

Bravo and Encore sweet lady and Champion of Democracy

You have been brilliant (and will most likely be again after the thugs are dealt with)

Time for others to bare the heavy burden you have born on your strong yet delicate shoulders for so long.

There will be statues made - of this there is no doubt.

'Sweet lady', 'all women of the world', 'strong yet delicate shoulders' - Firstly, what utter misogynystic claptrap.

'she did a fantastic job', 'you have been brilliant', 'There will be statues made - of this there is no doubt.' - What specific aspects of her term are you referring to?

No no no he is right:

The failed rubber scheme, the failed Lam Yai scheme, the failed tablet scheme, the failed 100.000B for first car scheme, the failed rice scheme. Lots of statues to be built.

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises somewhere.

At least she is surrounded by plenty of other family members who share the experience and shame of being found guilty in the courts and hopefully that will be a comfort at this difficult time. wai2.gif

Their is no disgrace is being the victim of an unjust and corrupted legal system.

She did a fantastic job for her nation, her people, her party, her family and for all women of the world.

How history records the antics and crimes of the judges handing down these ridiculous verdicts is another matter entirely.

The current contempt they are held in by their international peers is just the beginning of what awaits these stooges.

You have been brilliant (and will most likely be again after the thugs are dealt with)

Time for others to bare the heavy burden you have born on your strong yet delicate shoulders for so long.

Can you list two fantastic jobs that Yingluck did for the country? Thanks in advance.

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

You, the court and the Thai Democrats might very soon rue the day this ruling was handed down.

this - the Thai people will not tolerate a judicial coup like this anymore - it's just begun

Excuse me My Wife and her friends are Thai people

and they are happy that the courts found her guilty not for who she is, but what she does

So your comment "the Thai people will not tolerate a judicial coup has no basis in fact

I am sure there are hundreds of other Thai people who feel the same

Another case of democracy = elections.

Let's have some reforms first.

Reforms, reforms, reforms .... what reforms? Please spell them out .... would people quit saying they are necessary without saying exactly WHAT is necessary .... more biased laws favoring one party or the other? ... more party hardliners put in places serving political interests? Exactly what reforms do you want to put in place that will make elections fairer for all sides?

If you can't suggest reforms NOW that clearly make elections fairer for everyone (not just helping a yellow minority get elected) then shut up and hold elections and actually let the people decide instead of telling us that you speak for the majority .... ONLY an election is the voice of the people ... you arent!

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you ever think that Reform must be put forward by all the Thail People and parties

why should 1 party have all the say

even my Thai wife understands you first need to decide to have reforms before you can start to put wat the people want on the table

Time you looket at Marks plan where every one wins a little and every one looses a little

Probably best you look at abhisits plan again wrt reforms. He is suggesting that the Reform Now Network (who?) and the EC have 15 - 30 days to establish a reform council

The RNN together with the EC will have 15-30 days in order to institute clear, concrete conditions in order to establish an entity called the reform council. This will be the entity that will have the duty to prepare all country reforms.This entity must be free of politicians and political parties. They will clearly specify the issues that the reform needs to proceed and in order of importance, for example, what will be done first whether corruption, clearly specifying the time period it should take in reform on important issues and how long it should take to complete, and specifying the level of participation the parties of either side will have in reform.

Who is RNN?

BP: It is currently led by the Permanent Secretary of Justice Kittipong. In case you think this is a pro-government group, Kittipong (along with the noted PDRC supporter and Permanent Secretary of Public Health) refused to attend a meeting with the Prime Minister earlier this week. Kittipong is the effective head of RNN. When you combine the PDRC and the RNN, you will easily get a majority who are in the anti-Thaksin side of politics. They will have complete control over reforms. This will be like 2007 all over again. The establishment can rewrite the rules of the game with no substantive input from reds and the pro-Thaksin party. No doubt, they will say that everyone should vote for the referendum and if they disagree with parts these can be changed later, but as we saw with the 2007 Constitution the Court has not allowed a pro-Thaksin party to change the Constitution.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/122333/abhisits-reform-proposal-unlikely-to-win-government-support/

Everyone wins a little and everyone loses a little in an abhisit plan?

Who are you trying to kid.....................................

"History is written by the victors." W Churchill.

Losers go down as criminals and sinners, never more accurately so as in this case.

You are indeed correct.

History is written by the winners.

However, you err in your assumption of who the winners will be

Only the Reds can win this fight.

They are the overwhelming majority inside Thailand and have both the international community and right on their side

The only things that remain in doubt are:

how many must die in this futile yellow offence.

how much money must be lost by the nation

and

how long the inevitable Red victory will take to achieve.

So yes, in this case, the accuracy of the documenting of the losers sins and crimes in the history books will be exceedingly accurate (and appropriate)

Who EXACTLY are the RED's you are talking about?

If we have a civil war will the expats be asked to leave the country? Or will they still be safe for them to live here?

The way that both parties and any aspect of the Thai civil system treats most foreigners (although I can say I never have had a bad experience minus one issue with a corrupt Police Officer in Asoke) I do read on here and would speculate that as the most undervalued and unwanted contributors to Thai society (minus the Burmese) that we may very well be used as human shields in civil war.

Not joking at all, I would seriously doubt the resolve or interest in any government attempting to protect foreigners within Thailand in the event of unrest. the only ones I might suggest would try would be the army to protect the tourist areas of Bangkok as they have done in the past.

Can you list two fantastic jobs that Yingluck did for the country? Thanks in advance.

The failed rubber scheme, the failed Lam Yai scheme, the failed tablet scheme, the failed 100.000B for first car scheme, the failed rice scheme.

Constitution Courts reading seemed well reasoned - so Im sure the red shirts will think its bs lol

The only question that matters - what will Thaksin do now?

Err...win the next election?

..his party that is..whistling.gif

did any one notice that those who post that the Red shirts will win the next election

are the same ones who said the courts will not dare convict Yingluck

some people really love La La Land

I really don't think this is going to end well. Is Suthep now going to assert "sovereign power?" I don't think that will please some of the more conservative royalists, or General Anuphong, or Prem. Or is the court going to decide that the constitution doesn't apply and they will have to appoint a new prime minister, or a new caretaker government? How is this supposed to work?

A post containing foreign script and unusual fonts has been deleted along with a reply. Other posts as well have been removed.

Please stay on the topic.

What a very sad day for Thailand.Untouchables,Hisos and Army did it again.Another government,elected by most of the thais has to go,another juristic coup to keep the power for the establishment.How often more?

Please wake up from your deep sleep

The courts did not kick out the government

They did this them selves when Yingluck disolved parliment

They convicted a caretaker and her mob for criminal acts under the law (PTP are sill in as the Caretakers)

Some people love to twist the facts

• Like 1

First of all, I breathe a sigh of relief when I heard this news, despite all this gloating by anti-gov posters:

THIS IS A HUGE BLOW TO THE PAD/PDRC and dems

Now the caretaker gov is stable and the courts are out of ammunition, so the one part of the government that is on the pdrc's side, is neutralized, if the pdrc sabatoges another election, it will simply cause the PT gov to carry on for another 2 months..

Their whole hope was that there would be a vacuum and then the senate would be able to put a dem in, not gonna happen..

As for Yingluck, worst scenario is she gets a 5 year ban, she can work in a support role in that time or she has her pick of several conglomerates that would have her as CEO.

In 5 years she's back and I think she will win again, people underestimate how popular this attractive, charming lady is; she was PT #1 list by a landslide, which itself wins by a landslide, and now Thaksin is permanently out because NO GOV will ever mess with an amnesty bill again, amnesty bills have in effect become illegal.

That means Yingluck is still the most powerful person in Thai politics today, the upcoming PT premiers will simply be keeping her Chair warm until she comes back.

Don't forget the proposed Pm has to be approved by the King .. also I'm not entirely sure that the caretaker government can ACTUALLY name the new PM.

Now THAT is odd too. The difference in popular vote is less than 3.7 Mil. Which would translate to a proportional difference of 13% (48-35) but in SEATS in the house is translated to a SEEMINGLY huge majority: 265 to 159 or a difference of a 109 seats!!! IT IS DONE BY CHANGING THE CONSTITUENCIES: THE SEATS YOU GET PER DISTRICT.

You are entirely correct in noting that someone self-servingly tried rigging the electoral system in their own favor.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Thailand

"The electoral system was changed on 11 February 2011, with an increase to 500 seats in the House, of which 375 will come from constituencies and 125 from party lists.[1] Furthermore the division of the party list into area lists was abolished."

So, who was behind this new system?

One of many news articles on the topic gives us the answer:

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/90851/7285017.html

"The Thai parliament on Friday passed into law constitutional amendments that will pave the way for Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to call a fresh election soon.

Abhisit has reiterated that completion of the constitutional amendments is a condition for him to dissolve the House of Representatives and call a new election before his government finishes its term by the end of this year."

You gotta hand it to the yellows - even when they get to rig the elections in advance (A.k.a. "Reform"), they will then without shame turn around and point to those very "reforms" to justify overthrowing the elections results.

Hard to tell if it´s a matter of world-beating chutzpah, or just genuine invincible ignorance.

• Like 1

First of all, I breathe a sigh of relief when I heard this news, despite all this gloating by anti-gov posters:

THIS IS A HUGE BLOW TO THE PAD/PDRC and dems

Now the caretaker gov is stable and the courts are out of ammunition, so the one part of the government that is on the pdrc's side, is neutralized, if the pdrc sabatoges another election, it will simply cause the PT gov to carry on for another 2 months..

Their whole hope was that there would be a vacuum and then the senate would be able to put a dem in, not gonna happen..

As for Yingluck, worst scenario is she gets a 5 year ban, she can work in a support role in that time or she has her pick of several conglomerates that would have her as CEO.

In 5 years she's back and I think she will win again, people underestimate how popular this attractive, charming lady is; she was PT #1 list by a landslide, which itself wins by a landslide, and now Thaksin is permanently out because NO GOV will ever mess with an amnesty bill again, amnesty bills have in effect become illegal.

That means Yingluck is still the most powerful person in Thai politics today, the upcoming PT premiers will simply be keeping her Chair warm until she comes back.

Are you serious?

Yingluck isn't even the most powerful person in Thai politics in her own family!

'Sweet lady', 'all women of the world', 'strong yet delicate shoulders' - Firstly, what utter misogynystic claptrap.

'she did a fantastic job', 'you have been brilliant', 'There will be statues made - of this there is no doubt.' - What specific aspects of her term are you referring to?

yes I agree

Yingluck and her female friend will go down in history for all the corrupt promises they made and never kept

Here we have 2 birds of a feather

post-13618-0-02008800-1399469618_thumb.p

I really don't think this is going to end well. Is Suthep now going to assert "sovereign power?" I don't think that will please some of the more conservative royalists, or General Anuphong, or Prem. Or is the court going to decide that the constitution doesn't apply and they will have to appoint a new prime minister, or a new caretaker government? How is this supposed to work?

Hello any one home

There is still a caretaker government in power

what are you talking about ?????

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

You, the court and the Thai Democrats might very soon rue the day this ruling was handed down.

this - the Thai people will not tolerate a judicial coup like this anymore - it's just begun

Would you care to elaborate on exactly was wrong with the verdict?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yes I agree

Yingluck and her female friend will go down in history for all the corrupt promises they made and never kept

Here we have 2 birds of a feather

Sure it's feather, not father, as some rumors claim?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Like I said I doubted both either side will be happy with the ruling. Losing YL is nothing. PTP is still in control. Why because the court knows elections must come first before reforms. Anything else would be unconstitutional in the eye of the court.

Well you've got to start somewhere and dominos will fall. . . some suddenly and others gradually. If anyone thinks they can really change the status quo, obviously not, however, we can attempt to make the world a fairer place, bit by bit.