Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yaya Toure has fuelled talk of a possible departure from Manchester City by saying he does not know who he will be playing for next season.

The midfielder's agent, Dimitri Seluk, indicated he could leave because he felt he had been treated with a lack of respect by the club's owners.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27495420

Might just be the usual agent talk, but if he does leave..........where to?

Just read Barca are monitoring the situation.

Nah, he's just sulking because City didn't buy him a birthday cake!!!! Apparently it was a sign of disrespect! what a self adoring tit.

Sometimes footballers and their agents make me feel like puking.

No class at Citeh....a mcmuffin with a candle in the top would have done the trick!

The Guardian reporting that David Luiz could be headed to PSG for $40mil pounds. Incredible numbers being thrown around again. The same article indicating Costa could be arriving for $31mil and change.

French striker Loic Remy has held talks with Liverpool and Arsenal over a summer move, a source close to the player said on Thursday.

Remy, who has been selected in France's World Cup squad, watched from the stands as Arsenal beat West Brom at the Emirates Stadium on May 4.

However Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger denied he or anyone from the club had asked him along to the game, saying at the time: "I hope he paid for his ticket! I did not invite him." laugh.png

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/loic-remy-holds-talks-with-arsenal-and-liverpool-over-summer-move-9422447.html

French striker Loic Remy has held talks with Liverpool and Arsenal over a summer move, a source close to the player said on Thursday.

Remy, who has been selected in France's World Cup squad, watched from the stands as Arsenal beat West Brom at the Emirates Stadium on May 4.

However Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger denied he or anyone from the club had asked him along to the game, saying at the time: "I hope he paid for his ticket! I did not invite him." laugh.png

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/loic-remy-holds-talks-with-arsenal-and-liverpool-over-summer-move-9422447.html

Priceless - we'll take that as a no from Le Prof thenlaugh.png

Marc Albrighton released by Villa...strange one that.Won't be short of suitors unless there is an unreported injury problem.

Gone to Leicester.

A very good,attacking player who,for some reason,didn't get much game time at Villa. Maybe his mental approach to the task isn't what it should be?

DAVID LUIZ MOVE AGREED

Posted on: Fri 23 May 2014

Chelsea Football Club and Paris Saint-Germain have agreed terms for the transfer of David Luiz to the French club.

The move is now subject to David Luiz agreeing personal terms with PSG and passing a medical examination.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3853195/title/david-luiz-move-agreed

DAVID LUIZ MOVE AGREED

Posted on: Fri 23 May 2014

Chelsea Football Club and Paris Saint-Germain have agreed terms for the transfer of David Luiz to the French club.

The move is now subject to David Luiz agreeing personal terms with PSG and passing a medical examination.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3853195/title/david-luiz-move-agreed

Fantastic bit of business by Chelsea.

Perhaps Spurs should offer kyle Naughton to PSG for 20m and see what they come back with!

PSG paying lots of attention to that FFP thing then.

Luiz will be moving across the Channel in a £40 million deal that could potentially rise to up to £50 million depending upon performances. These include bonuses for winning the league, Champions League, and so on. Even without those bonuses, Luiz becomes the world’s most expensive defender. He goes past PSG’s own Thiago Silva, who cost the club £36 million in 2012.

Now after Hazard as well for >50m. Are Chelski becoming a feeder club? or does this paying over the odds have something to do with FFP? You scratch my back.....and in a year or two, I'll scratch yours?

In the meantime, fees for other players follow suit, escalate..... and more of the more "honest" clubs are priced out of the equation if they want to comply with FFP?

Luiz will be moving across the Channel in a £40 million deal that could potentially rise to up to £50 million depending upon performances. These include bonuses for winning the league, Champions League, and so on. Even without those bonuses, Luiz becomes the world’s most expensive defender. He goes past PSG’s own Thiago Silva, who cost the club £36 million in 2012.

All that cash for David Luiz...thats insane!!

The worlds most expensive defender!!cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Now after Hazard as well for >50m. Are Chelski becoming a feeder club? or does this paying over the odds have something to do with FFP? You scratch my back.....and in a year or two, I'll scratch yours?

In the meantime, fees for other players follow suit, escalate..... and more of the more "honest" clubs are priced out of the equation if they want to comply with FFP?

The "Qatar Investment Authority" (i.e. a Qatari Shaikh) bought the club in 2011. Then the "Qatar Tourism Authority" decided to donate $200 million a year to the club, of course that will bring millions of tourists to the over-priced, mainly dry state of Qatar.

Of course, unlike Manchester Dhabi, this Shaikh has kept his head down and enjoys his plaything without the scrutiny of the press.

rolleyes.gif

it does smell a bit like insider trading this one. because there's no WAY luiz is worth that much at market value.

• Like 1

Yup, from The Guardian

PSG No1 target, remains Eden Hazard, for whom the club are prepared to offer £50m, a mere two-and-a-half times the amount they were fined for violating financial fair play rules.

it does smell a bit like insider trading this one. because there's no WAY luiz is worth that much at market value.

Much like Citeh, there is no insider trading. It's not the Qatari's money he's spending, so he doesn't care.

If they'd threatened to take away his favourite goat it would have had more effect than fining him.

• Like 1

Good deal for Chelsea with Luiz. thumbsup.gif

IF they take Hazard ( I wouldn't put money on him going btw ) Chelsea will replace him.

If Hazard is not prepared to knuckle under to what Mourinho wants, he will be sold.

Simples. No drama.

Check out how van Gaal operates in the window and next season. smile.png

Probably make Mourinho look like a job centre benefits officer.

Flicking through various web sites today and seen the following rumour of Cesc Fabregas:-

Writes Duncan Castles: “Barcelona are prepared to sell Cesc Fabregas for about £40m and believe they can secure a Premier League buyer for the Spain midfielder at that price. Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal have all been offered the player.

“While Fabregas rejected Manchester United's uncharacteristically public efforts to bring him back from Catalonia last year, he is understood to have grown weary of criticism of his contribution to a Barcelona season without major silverware and is exploring options away from the Nou Camp.

“His status as a home-grown player for UEFA and Premier League squad purposes adds to the attraction for the elite English clubs.”

Also one from the Dail Fail on Balotelli:-

Reports Rob Shepherd: “Mario Balotelli is set to return to the Barclays Premier League next season with Arsenal and Liverpool likely destinations.

“Arsenal are in talks with Real Madrid to sign Karim Benzema but will talk to Balotelli’s ‘people’.

"Liverpool will move in for Balotelli if Luis Suarez is lured away to Real Madrid or Barcelona after the World Cup.”

I read that Kroos was being pursued by Woodward, until van Gaal put his foot down and said we don't want Kroos we want Fabregas. smile.png

Nothing like a bit of forthright management eh?

thumbsup.gif

As for Chelsea, Costa is growing on me, not sure what we are going to do about the GK situation though.

Courtois back for me next season but then there's the problem of Cech who still has life in him.

Tricky one.

As an O's fan I can certainly see someone now coming in for Moses Odubajo. He's a real talent, only 20 and has over a 100 league games under his belt, which is some achievement. Be sad to lose him, but I think the lad needs to move on for his own development. Remember the name.