• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Flappy's found a club....

Fabianski set to join Swansea City

Lukasz Fabianski has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Swansea City.

The 29-year-old goalkeeper made 78 appearances for Arsenal during his seven years at the Club, keeping 25 clean sheets.

Is Michel Vorm on the move?

The 29-year-old goalkeeper made 78 appearances for Arsenal during his seven years at the Club, keeping 25 clean sheets.

TBH I haven't looked. But I wouldn't have thought Flappy's gone there just to be a #2 again.

TBH I haven't looked. But I wouldn't have thought Flappy's gone there just to be a #2 again.

Sounds about right.

Wonder where Vorm will go.......Liverpool, Spurs?

None of the Champions League teams in the UK need a new goalkeeper (possibly Man City may take a view after Jo Hart's world cup?). He's a good keeper (not as good as you guys wax on about, but defo world top 10). Doubt he would move back to France except for PSG. Elsewhere, probably RM/Barca/Bayern, but other than knowing that Iker Casillas' days are numbered I don't know their needs?

He must be thinking about a move though. I know 27 is not old for a keeper - probably needs to move within a year to establish an iconic career. Might as well pick up a EUFA Cup medal next season as he won't have a chance to collect one of those in the next stage of his career

None of the Champions League teams in the UK need a new goalkeeper (possibly Man City may take a view after Jo Hart's world cup?). He's a good keeper (not as good as you guys wax on about, but defo world top 10). Doubt he would move back to France except for PSG. Elsewhere, probably RM/Barca/Bayern, but other than knowing that Iker Casillas' days are numbered I don't know their needs?

He must be thinking about a move though. I know 27 is not old for a keeper - probably needs to move within a year to establish an iconic career. Might as well pick up a EUFA Cup medal next season as he won't have a chance to collect one of those in the next stage of his career

Seems clear that Spurs want to keep him. Maybe Pocho will help in that regard as well.

I think you'll find none of us have said he's anything other than one of the top keepers although i think he's the best in the premier league, as do others.

I doubt if he's thinking of a move any more or less than any player. Transfers happen, nothings forever, what else to say?

Seems clear that Spurs want to keep him. Maybe Pocho will help in that regard as well.

Any change of manager would have helped the dressing room. TS had fallen out with half the team

Despite what Santi dreams, Lloris has shown no sign of wanting to leave and by all accounts his level of professionalism has been exemplary. Just a case of goober wishful thinking that we'll lose our best playerswink.png They really are an odious lot!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Any change of manager would have helped the dressing room. TS had fallen out with half the team

In accord with that sentiment ! I probably belabor the point, but what a monumental idiot.

In accord with that sentiment ! I probably belabor the point, but what a monumental idiot.

the team selection for the Anfield fixture was utterly laughable. The traveling fans should have been given their money back out of Sherwoods salary. I knew that was a humping in the waiting as soon as i saw the team sheet and i don't mind saying if i had selected the team and decided of set up and strategy we'd have done a <deleted> sight better and levy could have had my time for free bar the cost of a flight.

That wasn't a case of a learning curve....more like rank stupidity from a guy that was way too cocky and over confident of his own genius and when i see the points he achieved i feel very confident Pochettino can take us in the right direction.

I also read the concerns in the posts of friend chicogbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Liverpool have stepped up their transfer activity with an improved final-offer bid of £25million for Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana. With Saints team-mate Rickie Lambert expected on Merseyside for a medical ahead of a £4million move back to his boyhood club, it is understood manager Brendan Rodgers has made another push for midfielder Lallana.

DM

Sky Sports Radio have reported that QPR’s Loic Remy has agreed personal terms with Arsenal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Could see that one coming from miles away ! Relatively cheap and French. Wenger's MO !thumbsup.gif About $10m I hear ? Not a bad value I suppose, though I've never been overwhelmed by Remy. Support for Giroud at any rate, and badly needed support at that.

I wonder what kind of wine Arsene favors ?

Sky Sports Radio have reported that QPR’s Loic Remy has agreed personal terms with Arsenal.

DP

Edited by jellydog

Good Move. thumbsup.gif

( Remy Martin ***** 5 star Cognac )

England midfielder Frank Lampard has been told he will not be offered a new contract by Chelsea. New York City, the Manchester City franchise club, are favourites to sign the 35-year-old. Mail on Sunday

Looks like the days of a beverage on Fulham Broadway with JT and Ashley are coming towards closing time.

Good Luck Frank wink.png . Big World Cup performance to go out in style. thumbsup.gif

Could see that one coming from miles away ! Relatively cheap and French. Wenger's MO !thumbsup.gif About $10m I hear ? Not a bad value I suppose, though I've never been overwhelmed by Remy. Support for Giroud at any rate, and badly needed support at that.

Wenger may still be looking for a 'world class' (term subject to much abuse) striker. I reckon we need 2 new ones alongside Giroud to have a proper squad striker force. Sanogo needs to go out on loan!

[sorry Theo - still no room for you up front - Wenger would have been more serious about trying that out had he seriously believed he could 'do an Henri' on you.

Wenger may still be looking for a 'world class' (term subject to much abuse) striker. I reckon we need 2 new ones alongside Giroud to have a proper squad striker force. Sanogo needs to go out on loan!

[sorry Theo - still no room for you up front - Wenger would have been more serious about trying that out had he seriously believed he could 'do an Henri' on you.

Nothing wrong with having four strikers. We need more options, plus you have to allow for injury. Although Giroud is has hard as nails and took all manner of punishment without getting injured, he was absolutely shatter in the last few weeks of the season.

Sanogo, Giroud, Remy, $$$$ Big striker but I don't fancy Benzema as he's really just another Giroud.

"David Villa to leave Atletico Madrid amid New York City FC reports Spain's record goalscorer David Villa is leaving Atletico Madrid after just one season with the La Liga champions.

The 32-year-old striker, who is part of Spain's 23-man World Cup squad, said he has received an offer to join an unnamed club that he "can't refuse".

He has been linked with a switch to New York City FC, the Major League Soccer franchise owned by Premier League champions Manchester City."

So, Lampard may go there too.

What are Manchester City up to I wonder?

Ask Levy maybe?

Edited by P45Mustang

Nothing wrong with having four strikers. We need more options, plus you have to allow for injury. Although Giroud is has hard as nails and took all manner of punishment without getting injured, he was absolutely shatter in the last few weeks of the season.

Sanogo, Giroud, Remy, $$$$ Big striker but I don't fancy Benzema as he's really just another Giroud.

But I doubt Wenger is planning on playing Giroud alongside the number 1 striker for many games anyway. I would guess that Giroud will become a starter for the cup games and a 70th minute sub in the League.

Benzema is a lethal striker who has had to subsume banging his own goals in to the wider plot of feeding his two fast wide men. I wouldn't mind him and the possible buy list of detachable 'world class' strikers is very short ... like er him and Costa (maybe Mandzukic, I'm not sure). I think he will do well to find a truly world class striker - even with 50mill+ (but not 70 mill) in his pocket.

Oh - forgot - Balotelli - but I don't see a moody unpredictable talent being at all what Wenger likes.

Oh - forgot - Balotelli - but I don't see a moody unpredictable talent being at all what Wenger likes.

He did buy the incredible sulk ,Anelka though.Arsenal are full of unpredictable talent ,who could have predicted that talent getting hammered so often last season?

• Like 1

Well, at the risk of sticking my nose in and getting my head chopped off.....

I'd be happy with Balotelli at Chelsea, but Mourinho appears to be looking at Costa, Mandzucik and Lavezzi. smile.png

Not sure what Arsene wants, but Luis Suarez can choose the fck where he goes.

(So can chicog btw, but Suarez has a lot more class)

smile.png

Presumably Atletico will now do whatever it takes to hold onto Costa (with Villa's departure apparently a near certainty). He's still under contract until 2018 with no release clause as far as I can determine.

Pressure mounts for those seeking a new striker. Real need to break the cycle and get on with their Suarez/Aguero decision. Their revenues this year including the CL win bonus must be giving them a free pass on FFP this season

Presumably Atletico will now do whatever it takes to hold onto Costa (with Villa's departure apparently a near certainty). He's still under contract until 2018 with no release clause as far as I can determine.

Pressure mounts for those seeking a new striker. Real need to break the cycle and get on with their Suarez/Aguero decision. Their revenues this year including the CL win bonus must be giving them a free pass on FFP this season

i was under the impression that the Costa to Chelsea transfer was done! Is that not the case?