Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If van Gaal isn't interested in buying Fabregas, which i find totally bizarre if the case, then i suppose Mourinho is going to snap him up which will be a major boost to Chelsea nicking the title off City next season. Wouldn't be at all surprised if reports are true and they go for Paulinho too.

"VIDEO: Chelsea agree deal with Arsenal and Man United target Cesc Fabregas

CHELSEA have agreed terms with Barcelona star Cesc Fabregas, according to reports in Spain."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/381968/Chelsea-agree-deal-with-Arsenal-and-Man-United-target-Cesc-Fabregas

Is this true? Other newspapers are suggesting similar.

"

"VIDEO: Chelsea agree deal with Arsenal and Man United target Cesc Fabregas

CHELSEA have agreed terms with Barcelona star Cesc Fabregas, according to reports in Spain."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/381968/Chelsea-agree-deal-with-Arsenal-and-Man-United-target-Cesc-Fabregas

Is this true? Other newspapers are suggesting similar.

"

i did say this at 9.41 this morning! biggrin.png

And thats a very sensible move by Mourinho i have to say.

Fabregas and Costa.

Could work I suppose.

I'll have to have a Leo and think about it.

Very much doubt you'll be settling for just those two. Especially after the Luiz/Mata successes!!

Fair Play carmine. Just opening my third can of Leo now. thumbsup.gif

LB needs sorting, and clarification on GK situation.

Otherwise I reckon it could be pretty much sorted IF Costa and Fabregas get sealed.

Filipe Luis from At Madrid at about £19m more likely than Shaw at LB.

Creative midfield looks loaded assuming we don't lose Hazard or Oscar.

Kalas to deputise and ultimately take over from JT.thumbsup.gif

Reasonable progress within FFP regs I think, especially if Lukaku value can be utilised.

Chelsea confirm Eden Hazard will wear the club's number 10 shirt for the 2014-15 season.

The Belgian wore 17 in the previous campaign and his shift to a sough-after number is the strongest indication he will remain at the club despite reported interest from Paris St-German.

"It is my favourite number and is one I am used to wearing for the national team, as well as the one worn by some of my heroes from when I was a kid, like Zinedine Zidane," says Hazard, 23.

BBC Sport. Link to Chelsea Website.

But Daily Express saying PSG are preparing a bid of £100m.

So who knows.

facepalm.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

Classy Fulham....very classysad.png

Former Fulham captain Brede Hangeland has slammed the club after he was notified that his contract had been canceled by email.

Fulham are preparing for life in the Championship following relegation from the Premier League, but will start without their captain Hangeland. The Norway defender has spent the last six-and-a-half years at the club, but his contract has been canceled despite having one year left to run. The defender says he was "disappointed beyond words” with the way the club treated the matter.

"Today I received the news that Fulham Football Club have chosen to terminate my contract with immediate effect.

"I was told of this decision via e-mail, without anyone from the club having met me beforehand to discuss my contract or my future with the club. After six-and-a-half years of hard work and loyalty, and having served the last few years as captain, I am immensely disappointed at how this was handled.

"I would like to thank the amazing Fulham fans as these last few years have been the best of my football career. It was a source of pride to wear the white shirt at Craven Cottage. "I believe I still have much to offer as a footballer and look forward to the next chapter in my career."

Classy Fulham....very classysad.png

Former Fulham captain Brede Hangeland has slammed the club after he was notified that his contract had been canceled by email.

Fulham are preparing for life in the Championship following relegation from the Premier League, but will start without their captain Hangeland. The Norway defender has spent the last six-and-a-half years at the club, but his contract has been canceled despite having one year left to run. The defender says he was "disappointed beyond words” with the way the club treated the matter.

"Today I received the news that Fulham Football Club have chosen to terminate my contract with immediate effect.

"I was told of this decision via e-mail, without anyone from the club having met me beforehand to discuss my contract or my future with the club. After six-and-a-half years of hard work and loyalty, and having served the last few years as captain, I am immensely disappointed at how this was handled.

"I would like to thank the amazing Fulham fans as these last few years have been the best of my football career. It was a source of pride to wear the white shirt at Craven Cottage. "I believe I still have much to offer as a footballer and look forward to the next chapter in my career."

I didn't feel bad about 'em going down and less so now. Horrid behavior.

• Like 1

Costa passes his medical and Chelsea bound for $32mil. He'll be a centre-back's nightmare. Tough as nails that boy. facepalm.gif

Until JT moves in on his missus that isthumbsup.gif

Costa looks a bit more threatening than Wayne Bridge. Discretion might be the better part of Terry's valor this time around.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Fabregas and Costa.

Could work I suppose.

I'll have to have a Leo and think about it.

Very much doubt you'll be settling for just those two. Especially after the Luiz/Mata successes!!

Fair Play carmine. Just opening my third can of Leo now. thumbsup.gif

LB needs sorting, and clarification on GK situation.

Otherwise I reckon it could be pretty much sorted IF Costa and Fabregas get sealed.

Filipe Luis from At Madrid at about £19m more likely than Shaw at LB.

Creative midfield looks loaded assuming we don't lose Hazard or Oscar.

Kalas to deputise and ultimately take over from JT.thumbsup.gif

Reasonable progress within FFP regs I think, especially if Lukaku value can be utilised.

Yer only buying Fab cos he's an accredited Brit for FFP. What with Cashley and Lamps out of the squad you'll need to buy Shaw n'all. No point trying to look for the technical side of your Summer influx. 'Bout time you guys raised a few home growns cheesy.gif

Costa passes his medical and Chelsea bound for $32mil. He'll be a centre-back's nightmare. Tough as nails that boy. facepalm.gif

Costa looks a bit more threatening than Wayne Bridge. Discretion might be the better part of Terry's valor this time around.thumbsup.gif

Didn't take long biggrin.png

BpTDqHeCIAAHST2.jpg

• Like 1

Didn't take long biggrin.png

BpTDqHeCIAAHST2.jpg

"So what we gonna do about that fkcer Suarez then?"

smile.png

You have to hand it to The Mirror cheesy.gif

Luis Suarez £65million bid lined up by Man U?

Me n my pals were lamenting on the same thing in The Star...... F F S, Gerards coming too ya know... wink.png

redrus

edit, ps, I mentioned it on the last page too.... wink.png

Seems like a load of cobblers to me. I don't reckon Suarez is going anywhere unless Madrid come in with a monster offer.

One name i will throw in though is Kevin Strootman..........now there would be another very good signing. One of the most versatile midfielders in the game, able to slot in any midfield role and would be a linchpin in you rather ailing midfield. I wonder whether LVG might be having a little word in his ear?

Edited by carmine

Me n my pals were lamenting on the same thing in The Star...... F F S, Gerards coming too ya know... wink.png

redrus

Seems like a load of cobblers to me. I don't reckon Suarez is going anywhere unless Madrid come in with a monster offer.

One name i will throw in though is Kevin Strootman..........now there would be another very good signing. One of the most versatile midfielders in the game, able to slot in any midfield role and would be a linchpin in you rather ailing midfield. I wonder whether LVG might be having a little word in his ear?

Only if he has had medical training Carmswink.png ...Strootman is out half of next season. Me and Redrus were talking about him couple of pages ago. Think he may go to MU in Jan tho, if he comes back as good as he was.

• Like 1

redrus

Only if he has had medical training Carmswink.png ...Strootman is out half of next season. Me and Redrus were talking about him couple of pages ago. Think he may go to MU in Jan tho, if he comes back as good as he was.

Agree Wilai, varius half decent sources had that one going yesterday too, like I said, LvG knows something we (half) don't plus its obvious, let him get all the rest he needs plus training too and we're not CL cup tied either so......, January makes sense.

redrus

• Like 1

Yep. Looks highly likely Fab will leave Barca.

But where he go...not clear.

Ramirifications at Chelsea unknown.

I have an opinion and a preference but I'm just a punter.

Up to Jose to do the correct thing as he sees it.

Same for Cesc btw.

thumbsup.gif

It being reported in a few dubious sources (aren't they all?) that Cech has been transfer listed. Would you want him in your team?

I still think he is a great keeper and it will be a shame to see him go, but I understand why.........if it is true.

• Like 1

It being reported in a few dubious sources (aren't they all?) that Cech has been transfer listed. Would you want him in your team?

I still think he is a great keeper and it will be a shame to see him go, but I understand why.........if it is true.

Had to happen. Wonder how much he will go for?