Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't read The Mail Online due to censorship.........how is it possible to read the truth about comings and goings? biggrin.png

there's something really poetic about that horrible hate-stirring right wing rag being blocked by a military junta.

• Like 1

Well there's a story about a nice hotel in Hampshire that has some VIP and his entourage staying there with his two Mercs outside under a specially placed tent.

And then they printed some story about him and a dog at a party.

Don't know if that has anything to do with the block mind you.

whistling.gif

^ Not blocked for me (even with expat shield turned off). Don't read the deleted anyway but had a look as was told last night by an anglified Thai about it. He was spitting fury. Wouldn't like to be outed as a Daily Fail reporter in Thailand in the near future, and a mate of mine, who is a well known author, might have to change his biog!

Well luckily for us all the football pages are not blocked, whereas others are (for me). The military obviously recognise that Thais worship quality football journalism.

Here's the latest from the scoop machine:

Van Gaal's Manchester United revolution: New manager could splash £10m on Bayern playmaker Schweinsteiger (and FOUR Holland stars) after calling off pursuit of Kroos and Fabregas

Splash is an odd word to use in the context of 10 mill this day and age

Edited by SantiSuk

And one from another bastion of classy football reporting - The Metrotongue.png

'Arsenal have kick-started their summer transfer business by making an £18million offer for Real Sociedad star Antoine Griezmann.

The French winger is a long-term target for Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who reportedly made an offer for him in January.

Sociedad insisted he would stay put then, but Arsenal believe the 23-year-old is now up for grabs and have made a formal £18million bid.'

Mind you everyone knows that Arsenal need a DFM and a striker most - it would be typical for Wenger to start with another position and a Frenchman to boot!. We should probably let Podo go (not consistent and not Wenger mould) so this left winger fits ok. Sounds like a 7 out of 10 on possibility.

'Arsenal have kick-started their summer transfer business by making an £18million offer for Real Sociedad star Antoine Griezmann.

The French winger is a long-term target for Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who reportedly made an offer for him in January.

Sociedad insisted he would stay put then, but Arsenal believe the 23-year-old is now up for grabs and have made a formal £18million bid.'

Mind you everyone knows that Arsenal need a DFM and a striker most - it would be typical for Wenger to start with another position and a Frenchman to boot!. We should probably let Podo go (not consistent and not Wenger mould) so this left winger fits ok. Sounds like a 7 out of 10 on possibility.

If he's under 21 and a bit naive Wenger will give him 10/10. laugh.png

If he's under 21 and a bit naive Wenger will give him 10/10. laugh.png

Yep. Wenger signed Thierry Henry when he was manager at Monaco.

Henry was 17.

smile.png

I can't read The Mail Online due to censorship.........how is it possible to read the truth about comings and goings? biggrin.png

there's something really poetic about that horrible hate-stirring right wing rag being blocked by a military junta.

The news they didn't want you to read: biggrin.png

Williams keen on Arsenal move as Swansea captain looks for fresh challenge

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591896/Ashley-Williams-keen-Arsenal-Swansea-captain-looks-fresh-challenge.html

Griezmann is a class player mate....and also gets a lot of of goals for a wide player. Wouldn't mind him at Anfield.

They may be a little latebiggrin.png

Swansea have agreed a £7m deal for 20-year-old Standard Liège striker Michy Batshuayi. [Guardian]

No no, we'll saving our money for Poch to buy Lallana biggrin.png

• Like 1

Remy has been offered a contract by the Spurs, but his agents are still talking to their North London mates. However, he apparently prefers Chelski anyway. 8 million quid (buy out clause) is a snip for whoever gets him.

Luke Shaw targeted by Chelsea as Jose Mourinho looks to hijack Manchester United's deal for Southampton star

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2639582/Luke-Shaw-targeted-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-eyes-replacement-Ashley-Cole.html

thumbsup.gif

I'd go to Chelsea if I was Shaw. CL next season. Could even end up winning it before he's 20. smile.png

Might take a bit longer at UNITED.

Perfect replacement for Cole.

thumbsup.gif

Remy has been offered a contract by the Spurs, but his agents are still talking to their North London mates. However, he apparently prefers Chelski anyway. 8 million quid (buy out clause) is a snip for whoever gets him.

Where are you reading we've offered Remy a job?

France Football Carms. Their journos are with the French squad prior to playing Norway in a friendly.

France Football is a French bi-weekly magazine containing football news from all over the world. It's one of the most reputable sports publications in Europe, mostly because of their photographic reports and accurate statistics of the big European Cup matches, and extensive coverage of the European leagues. The magazine was first published in 1946......OK that is only what wiki sayswhistling.gif

And there was me thinking we have probably the best keeper in the world already.

Go-Go Bar. Nothing is forever.

( One of the best GK's in the world is Courtois. Voted best GK in La Liga 2 years running. 21 years old. Bar fine paid by Atletico Madrid. Belongs, theoretically to Chelsea.)

And there was me thinking we have probably the best keeper in the world already.

He's an excellent keeper, but whether Spurs can keep him is another matter..........I doubt it very much, too many clubs already in the CL know how good he is.

He's an excellent keeper, but whether Spurs can keep him is another matter..........I doubt it very much, too many clubs already in the CL know how good he is.

Its unusual for keepers to move clubs every season....that's what I keep telling myself anyway! biggrin.png

Somebody better start a 'Spurs in Denial' thread then. smile.png

Maybe BredburyBlue can do the honours?

On second thoughts, he has probably got better things to do. smile.png

( Ginola reckons Pochettino will need 3-5 years to get Spurs into the top 4. I wouldn't argue with that. Depends if UNITED, Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea all go into decline though facepalm.gif).

Somebody better start a 'Spurs in Denial' thread then. smile.png

Maybe BredburyBlue can do the honours?

On second thoughts, he has probably got better things to do. smile.png

( Ginola reckons Pochettino will need 3-5 years to get Spurs into the top 4. I wouldn't argue with that. Depends if UNITED, Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea all go into decline though facepalm.gif).

How could City or Chelsea possibly go into decline with their vast resources? Its inconceivable.

Liverpool and Arsenal are doing it on merit under sound management and you'd have to look at United back to being a force in a couple of seasons.

Reality is, with their respective squads, Coco the clown could coach either Chelsea or City to silverware. just buying silverware. Big deal. Take the pass out of Spurs as much as you like but at least we are a properly run club.

I think its hilarious watching Chelsea fans wildly celebrating a narrow win over a club that probably has less cash in the bank than Abramovich has in his wallet!