Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

Presumably Atletico will now do whatever it takes to hold onto Costa (with Villa's departure apparently a near certainty). He's still under contract until 2018 with no release clause as far as I can determine.

Pressure mounts for those seeking a new striker. Real need to break the cycle and get on with their Suarez/Aguero decision. Their revenues this year including the CL win bonus must be giving them a free pass on FFP this season

i was under the impression that the Costa to Chelsea transfer was done! Is that not the case?

Not done yet as far as I know.

I doubt Atletico will try to hold on to Costa if he wants to go. Simeone has already stated that its up to Costa. Atletico signed a young striker from Argentina last week and I think they are already preparing for the Costa departure.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Presumably Atletico will now do whatever it takes to hold onto Costa (with Villa's departure apparently a near certainty). He's still under contract until 2018 with no release clause as far as I can determine.

Pressure mounts for those seeking a new striker. Real need to break the cycle and get on with their Suarez/Aguero decision. Their revenues this year including the CL win bonus must be giving them a free pass on FFP this season

I highly doubt you'd see Aguero go to RM. If he wants to go anywhere it would be Barca with his buddy Messi, but that is a long shot as well. I think KUN will be back with City.

I highly doubt you'd see Aguero go to RM. If he wants to go anywhere it would be Barca with his buddy Messi, but that is a long shot as well. I think KUN will be back with City.

Yes and although theres been no news yet, a Real Madrid push for Suarez is more likely i'd have thought.

i was under the impression that the Costa to Chelsea transfer was done! Is that not the case?

Not done yet as far as I know.

I doubt Atletico will try to hold on to Costa if he wants to go. Simeone has already stated that its up to Costa. Atletico signed a young striker from Argentina last week and I think they are already preparing for the Costa departure.

surely a lump of cash, say 35m and an agreement to let them have Courtois for another season would do it. Oh yes and some obscene salary that the chavs offer!

I really can see Aguero leaving the prem, he's been kicked and punished for the last 2 seasons and besides how are city gonna spend their customary large wad with the fair play restrictions without selling him?, suppose negrado or the decking could go, but would they realize enuf?, the other one has 2 be Suarez, if not this window the next ,as soon as Liverpool get bundled out early of the champs lge, he'll realize it'll be a few years b4 they can compete, he'll want out, Real and its lure of silver ware wont wait around for ever.

I really can see Aguero leaving the prem, he's been kicked and punished for the last 2 seasons and besides how are city gonna spend their customary large wad with the fair play restrictions without selling him?, suppose negrado or the decking could go, but would they realize enuf?, the other one has 2 be Suarez, if not this window the next ,as soon as Liverpool get bundled out early of the champs lge, he'll realize it'll be a few years b4 they can compete, he'll want out, Real and its lure of silver ware wont wait around for ever.

Can't see where Aguero has been "kicked and punished" more than any other player. I'm a fan, but Aguero could tweak a muscle stepping out for a coffee.

I'd bet that unless Barca makes a big play for Aguero he'll be going nowhere.

• Like 1

DP

Edited by jellydog

Was only repeating a rumour from the press (re Aguero).

To be fair it was only one reference, I can't remember which rag was being repeated (on an Arsenal section of Bleacher Report) - probably not a responsible broadsheet (!) and have seen no further press reference to it. So, don't get too steamed up Blue Moontongue.png

I wonder whether Wenger is tempted to bid for Fab just to keep him out of hands of competitors. Not his normal style to worry about competitors (viz: Van Pesrie, Nasri and many more going to top competitors).

We don't need Fab (ie not a priority) but IMO he is marginally better suited to Arsenal's style than Cazorla, who should be saleable at 25 mill, so minimal net cost. I believe we have some kind of first refusal rights and reportedly he is very keen to return to The Emirates. Alternatively, could sell Podolski (but net cost would be 10mill more) - Fab and Gibbs played the left side very effectively together

I don't relish how good an asset Fabregas would be to Liverpool, Chelsea or Man United.

Edit - Sorry, Chic - should have asked you first whether you wanted to give me my opinionlaugh.png . Would be interested in your take anyway!

PPS - Fab might be the saving grace for Arsene (against any charges that his promises of an "exciting Summer" faded) if he feels that the 'world class' striker just isn't going to happen. And that's a realistic prospect with not many candidates apparently out there: I could yet see us lining up next season with Giroud, Remy and E'to as the front line striker rosta (Pod and Theo as other forwards). in which event a creative midfield rotational line-up of Fabregas, Cazorla, Ox and Ozil would be pretty robust.

Edited by SantiSuk

Fabregas to Chelsea? Possible I suppose. But could just be Mourinho transfer market ploy to raise price for opposition clubs.

Lampard definitely off, Luiz gone, Fabregas in, dunno. Paulinho story has gone quiet.

I wonder whether Wenger is tempted to bid for Fab just to keep him out of hands of competitors. Not his normal style to worry about competitors (viz: Van Pesrie, Nasri and many more going to top competitors).

We don't need Fab (ie not a priority) but IMO he is marginally better suited to Arsenal's style than Cazorla, who should be saleable at 25 mill, so minimal net cost. I believe we have some kind of first refusal rights and reportedly he is very keen to return to The Emirates. Alternatively, could sell Podolski (but net cost would be 10mill more) - Fab and Gibbs played the left side very effectively together

I don't relish how good an asset Fabregas would be to Liverpool, Chelsea or Man United.

Edit - Sorry, Chic - should have asked you first whether you wanted to give me my opinionlaugh.png . Would be interested in your take anyway!

PPS - Fab might be the saving grace for Arsene (against any charges that his promises of an "exciting Summer" faded) if he feels that the 'world class' striker just isn't going to happen. And that's a realistic prospect with not many candidates apparently out there: I could yet see us lining up next season with Giroud, Remy and E'to as the front line striker rosta (Pod and Theo as other forwards). in which event a creative midfield rotational line-up of Fabregas, Cazorla, Ox and Ozil would be pretty robust.

Per The Guardian, Arsenal has passed up first right of refusal for Fabregas.

I would have thought Fabregas would be a long term fixture at Barca, but maybe the bloom is off the rose for both parties. Barca reportedly in the hunt for Koke, ergo Fabregas might be surplus.

I would have thought Fabregas would be a long term fixture at Barca, but maybe the bloom is off the rose for both parties. Barca reportedly in the hunt for Koke, ergo Fabregas might be surplus.

Fabregas doesn't seem to be in Luis Enrique's plans does he. Interesting this one because he

d be a real bonus for nearly all the top teams in the EPL.

• Like 1

Fabregas doesn't seem to be in Luis Enrique's plans does he. Interesting this one because he

d be a real bonus for nearly all the top teams in the EPL.

It does seem to be slanted that way Carmine, but again, hard to sift through what is rumor mongering from reality. My bet is if Fabregas isn't given some assurances about playing time and his role from Enrique then he is gone. We'll see.

I think carmine is right.

But Fabregas at Chelsea doesn't feel right.

Maybe another prem team?

Louis van Gaal apparently knows a good player when he sees one and, well, i suppose we will have to wait and see.

Ofcourse this would be such an irony seeing as a push was made a year ago for the same player when the timing was clearly not right. I think fabregas and Shaw would be two excellent signings to begin the clubs transition with.

• Like 1

Maybe another prem team?

what doesn't feel right? because he's an ex-gooner?

think fabregas is a fantastic player who would improve any english club side to be honest.

Maybe another prem team?

what doesn't feel right? because he's an ex-gooner?

think fabregas is a fantastic player who would improve any english club side to be honest.

You are right Stevie.

Can't put my finger on it tbh.

Not cos he's ex gooner cos we bought Ashley and that worked fine.

I'm thinking about it.

thumbsup.gif

he's about as ready-made a replacement for lampard as you're likely to find.

Really mate...? I always thought Lamps a strong player, with good feet and a lot of heart for his team.

I don't feel that about Fabregas, great player though.

Also not sure he'd fit at United and am glad LvG thinks the same.

Strootman for us/me.

redrus

Ps.....

By the way, no signings yet, I wanted 5, Van Gaal OUT Van Gaal OUT

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Red top tripe of the day **Award**

.... must go to go to The Daily Star for this headline.........

"United to Make Audacious Suarez Swoop"

I don't think I need to add anything else, do I......

redrus

• Like 1

Red top tripe of the day **Award**

.... must go to go to The Daily Star for this headline.........

"United to Make Audacious Suarez Swoop"

I don't think I need to add anything else, do I......

redrus

Credit where credit is due Russ, Garay never signed with Zenit. Still at large, though the latest rumor is Bayern.