Thai man owes my gf 9k. Rule n.o 1: never intervene in a thai dispute

ghworker2010

I do not intend to get involved at all and plan to wait in the car at all times with my hat and sunglasses on.

What do you think about the above strategy?

May I suggest a trench coat as well? For a proper Dick Tracy moment.

Maybe a false moustache as well,take a tip from Chalerm,s cunning plan to capture Suthep.

• Like 2

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go in and confront him on behalf of your misses tell him she wants the money back and if he doesn't give it back you'll knock his block off. Don't pussy foot around fight fire with fire. Grab all the boys from the family and go and sort shit out mate.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Why don't you do it for him ?.....big boy....EX-SAS/Navy Seal/CIA are we ?

Non of those, most likely a graduate with honours from the university of dumb*****coffee1.gif

• Like 2

The OP's gf allegedly comes from a family with a degree of social status in the community. That social status probably comes with some degree of financial well being wherein 9000 baht isn't a major loss. In that regard, it is HER 9000 baht and HER face hence she has NOT asked her family for assistance already. Her dad would probably ridicule her and cause even more loss of face so she will be quite happy to see Mr Farang Night in Shining Armour making an arse of himself for a sum of money that won't pay the rent anyway. Even going to the dealership to suss out this salesman was a silly idea.

• Like 1

Go in and confront him on behalf of your misses tell him she wants the money back and if he doesn't give it back you'll knock his block off. Don't pussy foot around fight fire with fire. Grab all the boys from the family and go and sort shit out mate.

Then wait until you get stabbed or shot in an unguarded moment,great advice.

The OP's gf allegedly comes from a family with a degree of social status in the community. That social status probably comes with some degree of financial well being wherein 9000 baht isn't a major loss. In that regard, it is HER 9000 baht and HER face hence she has NOT asked her family for assistance already. Her dad would probably ridicule her and cause even more loss of face so she will be quite happy to see Mr Farang Night in Shining Armour making an arse of himself for a sum of money that won't pay the rent anyway. Even going to the dealership to suss out this salesman was a silly idea.

Has it occurred to anyone that said Salesman could be the husband or Gik of the "offended" lady and she is talking <deleted> as to where the money went and in fact she gave it to him ?

just a thought...

Has it occurred to anyone that said Salesman could be the husband or Gik of the "offended" lady and she is talking <deleted> as to where the money went and in fact she gave it to him ?

just a thought...

Surely that could not happen here.

• Like 1

fight fire with fire, that was my grandads sayin, propably the reason why he got sacked from the fire brigade..

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Its about time someone shouted some sense...

its 9000 baht!not pounds, or dollars,,he should just go to the atm, and then go to his see his bird and tell her he's been and sorted it out and give her the dosh, end of story, then he can sit back and wait for a proper drama to happen.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I know its not a lot of money but its the principle of the matter.

And people also end up dead for a lot less in Thailand over personal/money disputes

Principles are all well and good, but sometimes its better just to walk way, stop being a farang knight on a white horse trying to save the Thai nation

This is a Thai on Thai thing, you would be better to stay out of it, your GF doesn't need all the James Bond spy kit crap, one suspects this is you coming up with all this BS....

All she needs to do, if she believes she has been aggrieved is to go to a police station and lay a charge and the guy concerned will be called in for a "chat" and even more so if your GF's father is a high ranking Bwana you say he is, then your GF will get a result

Show us you have balls visit him ask him for 9,000 baht and if he doesn't pay break his legs

I will be glad to go with you

Maybe other members will go also

Then wait until you get stabbed or shot in an unguarded moment,great advice.

Maybe he shoot him or stab him first

No someone looking for fun

lets meet for a drink

• Like 2

he was being sarcastic - wasnt he?

• Like 1

Asking the police to assist will solve it pretty quickly if a portion of the 9k is offered. The rest of the options wouldn't help much or could make things worse.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How could it make it worse if ya give him a slappin, show him who's boss and what a real man is being about, not ripping of innocent lovely girls especially his misses. If he's a muppets stick ya arm up his a** and make him sing.

All this for 9k? I spent that on food and wine last night.

May I join you next time......................please facepalm.gif

I hope "Peter" is a chick's name

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Or she could just use the build in recorder on every damn smartphone ever made and just hold it in her hand and act like nothing is up.....

But I agree with the rest, unless they have specifically asked for your help, stay out. Now if it was 90,000 Baht I would agree giving ideas and help would be worth it.

How could it make it worse if ya give him a slappin, show him who's boss and what a real man is being about, not ripping of innocent lovely girls especially his misses. If he's a muppets stick ya arm up his a** and make him sing.

Not a clue, Thai men have memories like elephants when face is lost. I maybe hard as nails, have endless dangerous contacts, know hit men.

But one night walking home and bang he has blown your brain away,now who's the boss.

It happens and media coverage isn't like home, stay safe and stay away from internet warriors.

• Like 1

9000 Baht debt.

Spending 10, 000 baht on various recording devices and numerous trips to and fro the dealership, numerous phone calls and plans between family ......... PRICELESS.

There's more than one way to skin a cat but how much is it going to cost you in the process? (read her).

Best of luck by the way but I was just sayin to throw an unemotional view into the mix. wink.png

Actually, it cost 2,000 not 10k and certainly not specifically purchased for this issue.

Its duly noted that my gf's father has what one might call high status in this community and thus I speculate that the police will believe the story beyond reasonable doubt.

I wonder if at the end of step 2 if the guy refuses to pay, her father could reveal the device and play back the first conversation. Then say to him if he doesnt pay up right now that they will go to the police. It might scare the guy and thus negate step 3 all together.

You really are intent upon playing with fire. It's only 9k baht which you can easily spend on an afternoon sesh. If anybody gets wind of a farang getting invloved it's highly likely it will come back and bite you. Forget about it, mai pen rai, bporpenyang.

And people also end up dead for a lot less in Thailand over personal/money disputes

Principles are all well and good, but sometimes its better just to walk way, stop being a farang knight on a white horse trying to save the Thai nation

This is a Thai on Thai thing, you would be better to stay out of it, your GF doesn't need all the James Bond spy kit crap, one suspects this is you coming up with all this BS....

All she needs to do, if she believes she has been aggrieved is to go to a police station and lay a charge and the guy concerned will be called in for a "chat" and even more so if your GF's father is a high ranking Bwana you say he is, then your GF will get a result

Show us you have balls visit him ask him for 9,000 baht and if he doesn't pay break his legs

I will be glad to go with you

Maybe other members will go also

Who in their right mind would would go on a mission with you? and destined to end up in the Monkey house.

Give it a rest! you are losing the plot!, you have lost the plot!

9k loss stinks and now you have let the loss gain momentum which in all likelihood going to end badly. Let it go if and try to have a laugh at the situation with your Thai lady. As I have done many times, she foolishly made a bad decision. She in all likelihood knew the consequences but was simply lazy and I can relate to this attitude:) Restraint in this case is the answer and being a bad-ass as others have recommended seems quite foolish and to what end?