Surachai: Don't Let Laws Impede Ability To Solve Thai Crisis

Lite Beer

Some fun quotes Surachai should learn:

“One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship.” - George Orwell

“Anywhere, anytime ordinary people are given the chance to choose, the choice is the same: freedom, not tyranny; democracy, not dictatorship; the rule of law, not the rule of the secret police.,” – Tony Blair

“A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there’s no question about it.” – George W. Bush

“When you have an efficient government, you have a dictatorship.” – Harry S. Truman

"It will turn laws into shackles for this country," Mr. Surachai said.

Well now, you are a lawmaker - turns out you all have been making shackles instead, but don't let the law impede you in any way, you and your fellow shackle makers...

In my head I have a vision of all you lawmakers line-dancing the "shackle maker shuffle", looking good sport.

Absurd!!! That is why Laws are there in the first Place!!! If you have to resort to extra-legal means to resolve a difficult situation, then you may have to amend the law. But you could only do that when you have a full government installed! So back to square one! Hold an election immediately and STOP Making a FOOL of yourself!!!

Absurd!!! That is why Laws are there in the first Place!!! If you have to resort to extra-legal means to resolve a difficult situation, then you may have to amend the law. But you could only do that when you have a full government installed! So back to square one! Hold an election immediately and STOP Making a FOOL of yourself!!!

Wasn't there some debate in the US about the fact the US constitution should be viewed in a more fluid manner!

I also believe he is stating that people should be looking for a way out, a compromise for all parties and to STOP using different interpretation of the laws to slow it down! But I could be wrong.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 1

If a solution will work....and the "law" implies it's not legal....in the situation that Thailand is now in, then the law should be ignored/changed/amended...whatever...

I think the Constitutional Court ruled that the 2007 Constitution could not be amended. Ignoring the law is called a coup. Changing the law requires a working parliament -- you need elections. The thing that's preventing a solution is the tiny minority who demand reform before elections but will not say what those reforms are supposed to be. Or it's the tiny minority who obstructed the February 2 election by intimidating anybody who tried to go to the polls. Or it's Khun Suthep who is still announcing his "final Battle" for the eighth or ninth time. Basically, the only lawful way out, required by the 2007 Constitution's Article 7, is elections. The PDRC, supported by the Army (through their inaction) has made it nearly imp0ossible to achieve a lawful solution. I'm fairly sure that's called revolution. Or insurrection, depending on whether you support the government or not.

Don't Let Laws Impede Ability To Solve Thai Crisis

Isn't this what the government did with the amnesty bill and the election of senators. I think the court found this illegal.

So giving yourself amnesty for crimes and helping the country to move forward is the same for you?

It worked for the Army. That's partly why Thailand is in this situation.

Isn't this what the government did with the amnesty bill and the election of senators. I think the court found this illegal.

So giving yourself amnesty for crimes and helping the country to move forward is the same for you?

"Handling the truth carelessly" may not be a crime to you, but it is to some. Continually posting comments built from "reality according to fabio" is getting you nowhere, just adding to your post count, which is rapidly climbing towards that magical number - 3,673. whistling.gif

But do you agree that it should work for all those that the PTP amnesty bill would have covered .. a simple yes/no will suffice.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app