Kasikorn Bank ATM Card

I have a quick question about my Kasikorn Bank ATM Card.

I opened an ordinary Kasikorn Bank account at the Patong - Phuket Kasikorn Branch a few years ago. I was given a bank book and an ATM debit card.

The ATM card will soon expire.

Also, I no longer live at the address that I gave the bank when I opened the account - in case the post out new cards.

My question is this: do I have to go back to the Patong - Phuket Kasikorn Branch where I opened the account for a new ATM card, or can I go into any Kasikorn Bank Branch in Thailand and get a new card?

Any information would be appreciated.

When my card expired a couple of months back I went to my nearest Kasikorn, not the branch where my account was opened, with my passport and bank book and ordered a new card and picked it up a week later.

I could have got a generic "privileged member" on the spot, but waited a week to get a card with my name embossed on it.

Well, my answer was really based on my experience with Bangkok Bank regarding getting a replacement debit card or passbook...I was always directed that I had to go to the branch I opened the account at. Heck, when I got a new passport number last year and went to my branches to update my new passbook number in their system, the Bangkok Bank Silom Branch in Bangkok (1st floor of the Bangkok Bank HQ building) gladly updated the two accounts I had at their branch and they issued me new passbooks, but for my other Bangkok Bank account in Nakhorn Pathom province the Silom branch would not update it for me/issue me a new passbook...they told me I had to go to the branch where I had the account and which I did. And couple years back when my debit card cracked, I was once again told I had to go to the branch I open the account at to get a replacement card.

Since Thai banks have very similar policies that's really why I said you probably have to go to your Kbank branch. But hey, give it try...go to any Kbank branch and see what they say....best case they issue you a new card; worst case they tell you that you must go to the branch you opened the account at. Maybe they just "prefer" you go to your home branch, but it's not a hard core policy. One thing about Thailand immigration and banking policies, they seem to vary from location to location/manager to manager. Best of luck.

Edited by Pib

As with soooo many things in Thailand there is no consistency, you could go into one branch and they tell you go to account holding branch, go to another and be told completely different, its the luck of the draw here.

Never ever heard of card being sent out automatically.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

When my card expired a couple of months back I went to my nearest Kasikorn, not the branch where my account was opened, with my passport and bank book and ordered a new card and picked it up a week later.

I could have got a generic "privileged member" on the spot, but waited a week to get a card with my name embossed on it.

Same for me except I just grabbed the generic card there and then.

My branch is at South Pattaya but went to Jomtien branch, no problem. Fixed it there and then for 800 baht, told me that it could be used Internationally. Always carry you passport and bankbook etc. Maybe a good idea to notify change of address A.S.A.P

My branch is at South Pattaya but went to Jomtien branch, no problem. Fixed it there and then for 800 baht, told me that it could be used Internationally. Always carry you passport and bankbook etc. Maybe a good idea to notify change of address A.S.A.P

Kasikorn charge 150B for a new debit card - I got a replacement today, so I'm not sure why yours was 800B.

Did they make you buy a "Hello Kitty" one?smile.png

Well, my answer was really based on my experience with Bangkok Bank regarding getting a replacement debit card or passbook...I was always directed that I had to go to the branch I opened the account at. Heck, when I got a new passport number last year and went to my branches to update my new passbook number in their system, the Bangkok Bank Silom Branch in Bangkok (1st floor of the Bangkok Bank HQ building) gladly updated the two accounts I had at their branch and they issued me new passbooks, but for my other Bangkok Bank account in Nakhorn Pathom province the Silom branch would not update it for me/issue me a new passbook...they told me I had to go to the branch where I had the account and which I did. And couple years back when my debit card cracked, I was once again told I had to go to the branch I open the account at to get a replacement card.

Since Thai banks have very similar policies that's really why I said you probably have to go to your Kbank branch. But hey, give it try...go to any Kbank branch and see what they say....best case they issue you a new card; worst case they tell you that you must go to the branch you opened the account at. Maybe they just "prefer" you go to your home branch, but it's not a hard core policy. One thing about Thailand immigration and banking policies, they seem to vary from location to location/manager to manager. Best of luck.

bangkok bank will replace at any branch but only within the same region.

ie you cant replace a card issued on a bangkok bank in surat thani for whatever stupid reason.

you can however replace a card issued on a bankapi branch account at the baranch on soi 11.

kassikorn i do not know.

• 2 years later...
On 5/19/2014 at 11:01 AM, Pib said:

That was unfortunate coming from the main branch of Bangkok Bank. I have gotten both new ATM cards and passbooks at branches different from my original branch of Bangkok Bank recently. Also the same for K-Bank and LH Bank. May just be my luck.