Road from Pattaya to BKK Airport ... any martial law related blockages?

Jingthing

This is a specific question about traffic, not a political topic.

Since martial law came down (today) has anyone noticed any blockages, vehicle checks, martial law related DELAYS on the road from Pattaya to BKK airport?

There have been reports in Bangkok and other provinces so I think this is a valid question.

Went from Pattaya to Bangkok (Sathorn) this morning going past the airport on highway 7 and didn't experience any roadblocks,

As a matter of fact this was the quickest I've been at my embassy ever.

Yermanee

Edited by yermanee

Maybe it is the roads going directly into the airport, not past it?

I'm assuming they dont want a repeat of the blockade - when you think about it, Swampy is an obvious high priority target and the relative ease with which the yellow shirts managed to block traffic last time left me wondering if anyone in power had even considered the possibility of someone taking over 'their' airport. Hopefully they wont delay too many genuine airport users, but at this stage I see roadblocks on the way into the airport as a positive - hopefully subsequent events wont leave me eating those keystrokes.

• Like 1

A nonsense post and a reply to it deleted.

Please, this is quite a serious situation for many of us.

Also drove to Bangkok this morning, criss cross the city and back to Pattaya by 6 pm. Traffic was actually better than usual.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

All quiet in Patts this morning as I prepare to head over to Big C Extra, but it's weird seeing that Orwellian crap plastered all over the Thai channels on telly. Apparently they had the mother of all traffic jams in BKK last night as people tried to get home before the 10pm curfew:

http://www.news.com.au/world/thailands-general-prayuth-chanocha-declares-coup-detat-and-takes-control-of-government/story-fndir2ev-1226927453780

I'm going to restrict my posting to events in Patts and hope I can adopt a 'head in the sand' attitude to whatever goes down in BKK, but a media blackout is never a good sign.

• Like 1