anyone ignoring the curfew in your area ?

speedtripler

... I was going to tell him he was stupid but my staff immediately deserted me. ...

I think your staff did you a real big favour.

What's with the point of a curfew busting piss up if you put a sign outside saying you are busting the curfew inside? With times???!!!

Assuming your bar is in a standard commercial shop house, an outpost of farangdom in a Soi full of locally owned and operated businesses that are losing money anyway and losing even more because of the curfew. Don't you think it rather strange that the army should suddenly turn up at your bar? The bar owned by the clever-clogs, smarter than thou and above the law farang? And you argued with them?

Where's the 'walking away, shaking my head' emoticon when you need it?

Edited by NanLaew

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same way gogo's and some bars are openly advertising that they are open all night but the doors are locked. It is not a curfew breaking party. No one in the bar was breaking the curfew. The bar was not an open bar but a converted house and every one was staying inside. No one in and no one out. And for the army to try and say we would be arrested for having more than five people at a political meeting shows they were just clutching at straws to find an excuse to justify why the bar could not be open.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As an aside. Posts on this forum state that the curfew starts at midnight tonight. My cashier also says the same. But I can find no confirmation of this. Does any one know for sure?

Just wondering if anyone knows of individuals actually being detained or arrested for being out after 10pm? I have not heard of any myself...

Why not try it, be the first one, up to 2 years imprisonment i believe. Jesus wept, can't you lot stay in for a few nights

How many is "a few"??

I bet you were a star pupil at school, lets say 3 or 4, give your liver a well deserved rest

yes as of tonight until the 28th the curfew starts midnight until 5am after that there is no more news so i take it that on the 28th curfew will be lifted

either tonight or tomorrow all pubs in phuket town will be allowed to open they are just waiting on confirmation

As an aside. Posts on this forum state that the curfew starts at midnight tonight. My cashier also says the same. But I can find no confirmation of this. Does any one know for sure?

Do you not have a life outside of drinking in the evenings? Everything you post is about drinking. Why the intense interest in such a boring pastime?

• Like 1

If you read my posts you will see I that I own a bar. It is my livelihood. If the company you work for was about to go bust I am sure you would be concerned too. I am not like some employers. I still pay my staff even if the government say cannot open. I pay a living wage and most of my 12 staff get over 11,000 baht salary. In a few days it is payday. Of course I am concerned about anything that affects the sale of alcohol. The thing that annoys me is that no decree so far has banned alcohol sales. Even during the curfew hours. But why are you so concerned about what I like or not like. Even if I was just a customer in bars does it hurt you in any way?

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes. Stupid iPhone auto changing words I type.

Edited by lor
  • Like 1

Just wondering if anyone knows of individuals actually being detained or arrested for being out after 10pm? I have not heard of any myself...

Why not try it, be the first one, up to 2 years imprisonment i believe. Jesus wept, can't you lot stay in for a few nights
If YOU had paid a LOT of money to come and party in Thailand for a week, would you still be saying that?

If you read my posts you will see I that I own a bar. It is my livelihood. If the company you work for was about to go bust I am sure you would be concerned too. I am not like some employers. I still pay my staff even if the government say cannot open. I pay a living wage and most of my 12 staff get over 11,000 baht salary. In a few days it is payday. Of course I am concerned about anything that affects the sale of alcohol. The thing that annoys me is that no decree so far has banned alcohol sales. Even during the curfew hours. But why are you so concerned about what I like or not like. Even if I was just a customer in bars does it hurt you in any way?

As he said, it bores him.

I know a bloke who non-stop talks about other fellas in shorts. Now, that really bores me. If he only knew what those blokes in shorts thought about him.

smile.png

Edited by somchaismith

No, I just don't get peoples' obsession with alcohol and drinking in Thailand. There are so many great things to do in this country that to sit on a bar stool and drink just seems so self defeating.

No, I just don't get peoples' obsession with alcohol and drinking in Thailand. There are so many great things to do in this country that to sit on a bar stool and drink just seems so self defeating.

you dont "get" addictions??

If YOU had paid a LOT of money to come and party in Thailand for a week, would you still be saying that?

I wouldn't be so stupid as to fly 10,000 km to just party

perhaps you would like to argue the finer points of the law with an 18 year old non English speaking soldier wielding an M16

why would i not just talk with him in thai ?

seems quite logical seeing as he doesnt speak english

a house is not a " bar " and as long as its on private property curfew exempt

until such clarification is made by the army

How many is "a few"??

I bet you were a star pupil at school, lets say 3 or 4, give your liver a well deserved rest

i bet you were one of those kids nobody liked in school and it has stayed with you to adulthood

who died and made you the liver protector ? try keeping your nose of other peoples business for a change

• Like 2

perhaps you would like to argue the finer points of the law with an 18 year old non English speaking soldier wielding an M16

He still has an M16 and doesn't need to listen or argue

Business as usual around here most places open till the wee small hours. A lot of late night places here. Not exactly 'entertainment' venues, more restaurants, unless you go in the evening and perve at the stream of hot crumpet streaming by each evening.

I had a saunter out the other night and had a surreptitious beer and the BiB were in one place and found much entertainment in my wariness. Was very eerie though as the area usually buzzes with life throughout the night.

Edited by HeavyDrinker

He still has an M16 and doesn't need to listen or argue
Actually he does not have permission to shoot people on private property even if they are guilty of drinking beer

You should read more

Question. At what time a well educated and conscientious Thai girl must go to bed?

Answer. At 6-00 PM.

Question. Why so early?

Answer. To get back home before curfew time.

If you think you need more time - talk to her. You may agree on earlier time. giggle.gif

But do not ignore the curfew time!

in phuket last night went out to buy something to eat in phuket town area and a lot of lads from the army were on the back of a pickup truck just driving around with guns on their laps they shouted to me and some others on bike to go home.

tonight in phuket town hypnosis night club is currently open (near bus station) it is full so dunno how long till police notice i thibk people are starting not to follow the rules here now

A warning shouted to go home would be fine with me, id pay the bill and go

Arrested with 2 Yrs jail and 40k fine is another story entirely but since that hasn't been enforced yet i feel ok having a beer with the locals beside my home

Of course, if they start to enforce it I'll be at home drinking on the roof with a few friends but right now nobody seems worried amongst my Thai friends so que sera sera

Say!

I like drinking lots of beer!

I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!

And I would drink them in a boat!

And I would drink them with a goat...

And I will drink them in the rain.

And in the dark. And on a train.

And in a car. And in a tree.

They are so good so good you see!

So I will drink them in a box.

And I will drink them with a fox.

And I will drink them in a house.

And I will drink them with a mouse.

And I will drink them here and there.

Say! I will drink them ANYWHERE.

I will drink them in a bar and on my roof.

I will drink them even with a coup.