Media Blackout? but can still see BBC

joshstiles

I see that we can no longer view CNN (because the US is withholding 10M in aid because of the coup?) but we can still view the BBC....seems odd that they block every channel including movie channels (except Lotus Macau). I am not sure how the rest of thailand is fairing, but give a shout if you still have all your normal viewing channels. I still have internet.....knock on wood....

We have Truevisions via cable in BKK. All channels - Thai, CNN, Sports, AXN, Cartoons - show one slide and patriotic music. Occasionally there will be a coup annoucement.

How are you getting your TV feed? Is it a direct satellite link to an outside provider (e.g. Malaysian or Vietnamese)?

We have Truevisions via cable in BKK. All channels - Thai, CNN, Sports, AXN, Cartoons - show one slide and patriotic music. Occasionally there will be a coup annoucement.

How are you getting your TV feed? Is it a direct satellite link to an outside provider (e.g. Malaysian or Vietnamese)?

We also have True cable now with the widely popular slide show and patriotic music....Amazing Thailand

most likely taking his BBC feed from Astro one suspects or another provider outside Thailand, they have blacked out "True"

but if you have an Astro decoder nothing has changed...

Edited by Soutpeel

Truevisions cable has nothing but army people talking and some logos about keeping peace.

Not sure where my satelite is pointing but getting ABC and CCTV plus a few kids channels and old movie channels.

No internet problems...yet!

I don't think they are worried too much about foreign run news programs that are pretty much just reporting the facts. They are concerned about biased reporting inside the country. In Pattaya on Sophon cable all the normal non-news channels and a couple of foreign news channels were running, but 14 Thai channels were closed down.

Edited by oneday

I don't think they are worried too much about foreign run news programs that are pretty much just reporting the facts. They are concerned about biased reporting inside the country. In Pattaya on Sophon cable all the normal (non-news) channels, except a couple of foreign news channels, seemed to be fine, but 14 Thai channels were closed down.

No normal channel tv in Chiang Mai area. WETV ( equivalent of Sophon ) only the army slide etc.

• Like 1

I don't think they are worried too much about foreign run news programs that are pretty much just reporting the facts. They are concerned about biased reporting inside the country. In Pattaya on Sophon cable all the normal non-news channels and a couple of foreign news channels were running, but 14 Thai channels were closed down.

Nothing on Sophon for me, every channel off

Media blackout. That's a cool name i like it. I wish it was permanent reality.

I stopped watching TV when i was a kid coz i realized that you are always going to watch what they want you to watch. If it's not patriotic music then it's lies. Y'all still addicted to mental backwardness?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

can no longer view CNN (because the US is withholding 10M in aid because of the coup?

Farang Fantasy Factory is obviously still up & running 24/7 and blowing smoke despite the coup.

stock-footage-smoking-stacks-at-sunrise.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Media blackout. That's a cool name i like it. I wish it was permanent reality.

Good for you. Don't watch it then. I want my "Breaking Bad", "True Detective" and "Fargo" from time to time. Some TV programs nowadays are as good as decent films.

Edited by Ulysses G.

We also have True cable now with the widely popular slide show and patriotic music....Amazing Thailand

But you're True is showing BBC like you said in the original post..? On mine it's just the testcard on every channel.

Internet cant be shutdown as this will close the banks. Most channels coming back tonight subject to no Political coverage.

Countries can block sites at will. When I was in China you could not use Google, it was diverted to a Chines search engine.

the question is , how important is it for expats living in Thailand to have media connections internet , television , and even mobile phones ?.

I thing many farlangs would be lost without these facilities , indeed strangers in a foreign land .

could you survive in Thailand , without connection to your home country television broadcasts ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No problems with my 300 Channels including all the main news channels, and all the movie channels. etc etc,

www.cablestreamer.com box. works fine.

Can you please share a bit more info:

I presume audio for most channels is English.

Any local Thai TV channels?

Do any of the more international shows (movies / Animal Planet etc.) have option of English or Thai audio?

Thanks.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No problems with my 300 Channels including all the main news channels, and all the movie channels. etc etc,

www.cablestreamer.com box. works fine.

Can you please share a bit more info:

I presume audio for most channels is English.

Any local Thai TV channels?

Do any of the more international shows (movies / Animal Planet etc.) have option of English or Thai audio?

Thanks.

its surely not legal anyway

you might as well just keep the $400 and watch those movies through torrent or streaming sites

equally as legal and free

I have lost all my cable channels except the uber-crap Thai ones which just play dvds with appalling sound and picture quality. Yes, such channels exist.

I demand my Eurosport back. I have paid for it. I don't care about your coup, generals. Just stop blocking my Eurosport, goddamnit. I am reduced to watching crappy streams through the internet.