How will the bars survive the curfew?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on how long it goes on for,if it's weeks i could see a lot going under,but the general consensus seems to be the curfew will not last long,and with the army dispersing all the demonstrators, things should calm down,not that it bothers me as i don,t live in a tourist area or have a financial interest in one,and as a previous post stated there are far to many anyway.

• Like 1

Don't expect Thai landlords to be too generous. It might be more like deferred rents to be collected later. If they are lucky then maybe discounted rents, but I doubt it would be total freebie for as long as the curfew is in affect. As someone said, if this goes on for more than two or three days the economy will be seriously affected.

Don't forget this is a domino affect that goes all the way down the line to the bar suppliers and on to the distributors and then the factories and the workers in those factories being laid off...etc.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

$20,000 monthly rent in NAna Plaza for some bigger venues. How do they make it with no curfew? Im sure the Nana lanlords will suspend rent for the time being.

I know rent can be high but 651,536 baht just on rent a month seems a bit high even for Nana. That is 21,717 baht a day, everyday (based on a 30 day month) before overheads & wages.

Not arguing, just commenting...................wink.png

• Like 1

The WAY to go around the Curfew-- is a CURFEW Party... meaning the Bar closes the Doors at 11-- those who want to remain in the bar till 5 am... Wil be treated to the Curfew Party... This is going down in Patpong Soi 2 tonight-- You can find the place.. Always a way to party... even during Curfew times!

Hopefully all the Euro-trash sexpests will move on and the new constitution will include provision for a decent welfare state, funded initially by all the money Suthep stole. He can kick-start it by selling that land he purchased with donations.

Dream on! cheesy.gif

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

$20,000 monthly rent in NAna Plaza for some bigger venues. How do they make it with no curfew? Im sure the Nana lanlords will suspend rent for the time being.

I know rent can be high but 651,536 baht just on rent a month seems a bit high even for Nana. That is 21,717 baht a day, everyday (based on a 30 day month) before overheads & wages.

Not arguing, just commenting...................wink.png

please argue. i got info from stickman.

enough bars in all of Thailand... most will survive, some will not... they should be used to it, enough public holidays in Thailand where they in general would not be allowed to sell any alcohol...

some bars will have a new business model and just move opening hours from 2pm-2am to 10am-9pm... happy hour from 10am to 1pm.. and most alcoholics would gladly start drinking few hours earlier in order to have enough when they must go home early...

Not legal to sell Alcohol in Thailand until after 5pm (See 7/11 statement) so bars will open for a few hours only.

The bar trade is tough business to be in. The bar owners will struggle and the bar girls will struggle. The girls I feel sorry for are the bar girls that are good girls and only make money off the drinks customers buy them. These girls are going to really struggle. I hope the country gets there shit together real quick.

• Like 2

Thats right. . Not everyone is here for the culture. Me being one. Let's hope they get their shit together before the whole place falls apart.

Do you really think that the whole place will fall apart because a few places in this huge country will no longer cater for beer swilling men who sit in seedy knocking shops and seem obsessed with prostitutes? There is nothing pleasant about these bars, they exploit women .

If Thailand could rid itself of the image of GoGo bars, beer bars and the hideous punters that go with them, it would be a good thing.

Sorry. Rant over

• Like 2