How will the bars survive the curfew?

You do realise that most prostitution in Thailand is for THAIS, don't you, not for westerners?

I also hope you are including the large number of Malaysian men that vist Hat Yai for a "good time".

Eliminate prostitution in Thailand and it will no longer be the place we love, whether or not YOU use P4P. Singapore tried your way, and guess what, IT FAILED.

No, I doubt he realises that. Some people spend their lives in an oxygen tent pontificating about all the people outside going about their lives, dimly seen or understood through the thick plastic... All he knows is he's right and everybody else is wrong. Sad. Thailand tolerates such people as it tolerates and even embraces so many things, but they will continue to do things their way, pretty much just ignoring and tacitly marginalizing the rigid & intolerant.

They're known in common parlance as "dick-heads".

• Like 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Jomtien. I rarely have a drink, only drugs I regularly use are caffine and nicotine, and don't use the women for hire. And if someone else wants to whore around, drink at 8 in the morning, etc etc that is their choice as long as it doesn't impact me (like running me over, for example). Don't like those people? Fine. Don't be around them. One of the most basic rights is the right to be left alone, especially from those who "know what's good for you" and try to impose that. I would guess that the money sent home by bar girls exceeds that from NGOs and governments, and with no middle men sucking up a good percentage of that cash (thinking of UN lifestyle here...).

Certainly these testimonies from teetotaling moralists on TV can hardly be believed.

Probably the biggest whoremongers around.

• Like 1

When do you suppose this will pass, the curfew is lifted, and the nightlife returns to "normal" in BKK?

And to those "high and mighty" jerkoffs who judge the fun party crowd, go read a book or do whatever lame thing it is you do before you act condescending to others.

• Like 2

When do you suppose this will pass, the curfew is lifted, and the nightlife returns to "normal" in BKK?

And to those "high and mighty" jerkoffs who judge the fun party crowd, go read a book or do whatever lame thing it is you do before you act condescending to others.

When will this pass? Direct your question to the redshirt provocateur-in-chief, Mr T. When the risk of redshirt disruptions passes, so will the curfews. The idea that the curfews are just military muscle-flexing is as petulant as it is preposterous.

I live in Jomtien. I rarely have a drink, only drugs I regularly use are caffine and nicotine, and don't use the women for hire. And if someone else wants to whore around, drink at 8 in the morning, etc etc that is their choice as long as it doesn't impact me (like running me over, for example). Don't like those people? Fine. Don't be around them. One of the most basic rights is the right to be left alone, especially from those who "know what's good for you" and try to impose that. I would guess that the money sent home by bar girls exceeds that from NGOs and governments, and with no middle men sucking up a good percentage of that cash (thinking of UN lifestyle here...).

Certainly these testimonies from teetotaling moralists on TV can hardly be believed.

Probably the biggest whoremongers around.

?????????

I don't read his post as "moralising". Nowhere does he say close down prostitution or bars.

The bar trade is tough business to be in. The bar owners will struggle and the bar girls will struggle. The girls I feel sorry for are the bar girls that are good girls and only make money off the drinks customers buy them. These girls are going to really struggle. I hope the country gets there shit together real quick.

Yeah, get it together for the good girls.

Good girls?

Hmmm, do really good thai girls work in bars. Me thinks not. Oh that's right, that have no choice, my bad!!

Do you actually know any bar girls?

You come across as someone that got their information on bargirls from the BBC.

Besides, who can pass judgement? Cast the first stone and all that.

Why would anyone who reads Thai Visa need to go to the BBC for information on bar girls?

Methinks you missed my point, which was that he apparently knows nothing but BBC type garbage about bar girls.

Besides, a lot of garbage about bar girls is written by TV contributors that have obviously never had a proper conversation with any bar girls.

Why would anyone who reads Thai Visa need to go to the BBC for information on bar girls?

Methinks you missed my point, which was that he apparently knows nothing but BBC type garbage about bar girls.

Besides, a lot of garbage about bar girls is written by TV contributors that have obviously never had a proper conversation with any bar girls.

If she can't discuss Wittgenstein, then I'm not wasting my money on a bar fine.

• Like 1