Catch me if you can: red leader

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He has the Thaksin mentality.

It's almost quaint the Pavlovian brainless response that Yellows have for Thaksin's name and how they use it for anything they see as bad even when it makes no sense. It's been amusing watching the brain trust around here try to justify this occupation by the rebel militia.

"Something, something Dubai!"

As for Sombat, he probably will never see this but if I ever met the guy I'd buy him a beer right away. Keep fighting the good fight, brother.

I could not have said it better. "Pavlovian brainless responses" are exactly what is happening here all stated because they hate the Shinawatra Family with a passion. After all everything that is wrong with Thailand is Thaksin's doing whether he was involved or not. No logic on TV at all.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all everything that is wrong with Thailand is Thaksin's doing whether he was involved or not. No logic on TV at all.

But a lot is his doing!

Nearly free healthcare "THAKSINCARE"bah.gif in Isaan. Still brings votes!

Downside, not enough money in the 30 Baht scheme!

The local Amphur-District hospitals do nearly nothing by themselves,

have not so personal, doctors and equipment, the resources, as soon as it is getting a bit tricky,

nearly all operations are sent to the "elephant" in the provinces capital city.

In Udon Thani in the Public Hospital, I was patient myself after a motorbike accident.

The only Falang patient I recognized in my days and visits there later!

How can it be that you have room(s) and rooms, same in a military field hospital,

with patients with broken bones, bed after bed waiting in long line for their relief operation!

My GFs mother 65 had to wait stationary in bed with a broken thigh for 15 days until she was operated!

In AEK Udon Hospital the OP was offered to her in less than 24 hours, but for 180.000 Baht. rolleyes.gif

Not enough resources!

I was operated with my broken wrist right and metacarpal break left hours after accident,

as, I was a paying patient!? whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Catch me if you can: red leader
Sombat Boonngam-anong is the first person on the list of 114 summoned by the military junta yesterday who has publicly refused to report

It seems the challenge laid down by Red Shirt Leader Sombat (on the right) has been accepted.

491795-01-416x300.jpg

Along with the infamous Red Shirt Leader Ko Tee (on the right and transliterated here as Koti):

1902900_747183191960755_1390099660_n.jpg

NCPO to hunt down 'Koti', Sombat

The National Council for Peace and Order will step up efforts to hunt down a hardliner red-shirt leader Wutthipong Kachathamkhun and a red-shirt activist Sombat Boonngarmanong, NCPO deputy spokesman Winthai Suvari said Monday.

Wutthipong, alias Koti, was suspected of planning attacks against the ousted government's opponents and Sombat has been urging people to come out to protest against the coup.

The Nation - June 2, 2014

• Like 1

Actually, Sombat represents a different line of thought and action from the rest of the red-shirt movement. His ideas and contributions to the national debate have been discussed on thaivisa before, with even those who usually oppose the larger red movement acknowledging the difference. For one thing, he is not a Thaksinite. For another, he is committed to nonviolence. And he has a long, well-respected history of service to society through the many organizations he founded, which work on problems like helping hilltribe children attain Thai citizenship, locating missing persons, countering begging gangs, and providing IT education in rural areas.

I've known him personally for about 14 years. In 2006, not too long after the coup, we had a long conversation about politics and reforming Thai society. He wants to overturn the entrenched feudalistic attitudes that block the nation's progress. He made it clear that he could care less about Thaksin, but that this was the first time in history that poor rural Thais were finding their political voice.

And here's my disclaimer: I'm neither red nor yellow. Over my 20 years here, I have known Thais from every walk of life, from dirt poor rural farmers to ethnic minorities to Bangkok middle class to aristocrats etc etc. Thailand is in a complex and tricky situation right now, and it behooves anyone who cares about the place to keep a reasonable mind, see past the colors, and try to understand who's who and what's actually being said.

I'm surprised an activist with that kind of credential would want to be associated with the RedShirt Thaksin Regime. He may be anti feudal, but Thaksin and the red shirts are about as feudal as they come (next to Suthep's group).

Sombat may view Thaksin from the perspective of the old Arab maxim: 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'

My advise, to those seek the destruction of the old power structure, is to have something better to replace it with because just tearing it down lets opportunists in and they are an unknown quantity, 'Better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't know' comes to mind. Just destroying what you don't like/hate leads to anarchy. Nobody's life is improved by anarchy.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Great to see Sombat exposes the military coup as what it is - against the constitution and illegal!

The military has no legal authority to order anybody to do anything.

Next step should be now to establish a government in exile and challenge the authority of the military leadership with the backing of the international community have Prayuth and all involved in the coup arrested and charged with treason.

The military has the authority and it comes from the highest authority in the land, so don't start this mind bending exercise of what is not right and what is wrong The military are not acting on their own.

Which part of ILLEGAL COUP did you not understand?

It is only 2 words can't be that difficult?

Since the coup has been approved by the highest authority, it is NOT illegal. Which part of my sentence do you not understand? Is it that difficult?

Well looks like it's being considered now to establish a Thai government in exile!

Several countries have already agreed to host the government .

Prayuth did not see that coming 555!

If it is formed no civilized country will recognize his coup government and he can "govern" his army units!

So can you tell us all, witch countrys are willing to host Thaksins exile government? I find it very strange for today you can read in "the other paper" that Thaksin's dream of exile government faces hurdles.

Not even Hun Sen in Cambodia will host Thaksins exile government. Looking forward to your rapid answer.

• Like 1

Great to see Sombat exposes the military coup as what it is - against the constitution and illegal!

The military has no legal authority to order anybody to do anything.

Next step should be now to establish a government in exile and challenge the authority of the military leadership with the backing of the international community have Prayuth and all involved in the coup arrested and charged with treason.

The military has the authority and it comes from the highest authority in the land, so don't start this mind bending exercise of what is not right and what is wrong The military are not acting on their own.

Which part of ILLEGAL COUP did you not understand?

It is only 2 words can't be that difficult?

Since the coup has been approved by the highest authority, it is NOT illegal. Which part of my sentence do you not understand? Is it that difficult?

Actually it is not a coup at all since it is legal for the military to do it under even the constitution. Only when it is an illegal seizure of power from a government is it a coup.

Definition coup ko͞o/ noun

noun: coup; plural noun: coups; noun: coup d'état; plural noun: coups d'état; plural noun: coup d'états

1. a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

• Like 2

Khun Sombat is a hero!

He would be great as next Thai PM!

He should start his own political party now - has already 58.000 followers on twitter and climbing - he can easily multiply that by 10 if he starts a Facebook page!

Next Thai PM is stretching it. But certainly more worthy as a MP than the current garbage that the Reds vote for. Also another reason for reform in the election process that does not allow people without a degree and of the quality of Sombat to be promoted.

You can buy a degree at many accredited institutions of higher learning in the Land of Smiles. It'll cost you about $5,000. If he has any financial backers, they can foot the bill for his degree. If Sombat was not a lackey of Thaksin, he would have distanced himself from the violent rhetoric and approval of violence that the UDD represent. The UDD (a Thaksin created/funded organization) has intimidated any true grass-roots political movement that might be seen as independent of Thaksin's control. If the army can leash the UDD, the supposedly under represented people of Isaan can create their own political party that represents them without the taint of Thaksin influence. By taunting the army, Sombat is grandstanding and attention seeking. As with many Thai people who 'live in the moment' and don't foresee the consequences of their actions, Mr. Sombat is not helping himself or his cause with his defiant attitude and behavior. He is not even remotely behaving as a statesman who wants to be taken seriously. What does he think he will accomplish. There IS NO widespread support for resistance to military rule. Read the history of Thailand and you will find that military rule is the norm and democratically elected civilian governments are the exception. Thaksin set that cause back decades with his unbridled, corrupt governance and later his remote-control, corrupt governing.

The long Thai history of legalized coups.

"Dynamics and Institutionalization of Coup in Thai Constitution"

http://www.ide.go.jp/English/Publish/Download/Vrf/pdf/483.pdf

• Like 1

If he's tweeting from his phone, it may not be too long before he's caught, especially if he's up-country.

Dork.

Can log in from any phone or computer, if he is the North East which he probably is lets see if the Army mostly Isaan conscripts go in and get him. Its a start of a resistance to a Coup taking over the for the second time a Democratic government. If it escalates then they army could be battling a Southern problem in 3-4 area's, not exactly doing a god job down South.

Who's the Dork do you know how twitter works?

If Mr. Sombat is stupid enough to taunt the army before he has his resistance organization in place he is probably stupid enough to use his own phone. In any case they will know his general proximity. BTW, Isaan conscripts are not posted near their homes, duh! He's drawing attention to himself when he should be secretly organizing. He might be intelligent but it looks like he and Ko Tee were absent when the common sense genes were being handed out.

• Like 1

If you were on the run, (be it you don't rekonize the 'power or legitimacy' of the people you are running from why would you bait your enemy who has massive resources and seem to have a much more productive track record in getting the people they are going for than the BIB ? Why wouldn't he just lay low and disappear ?

Well looks like it's being considered now to establish a Thai government in exile!

So can you tell us all, witch countrys are willing to host Thaksins exile government? I find it very strange for today you can read in "the other paper" that Thaksin's dream of exile government faces hurdles.

Not even Hun Sen in Cambodia will host Thaksins exile government. Looking forward to your rapid answer.

No country is willing to host his exile government.

Cnxforever did not see that coming 555!

• Like 2

If you were on the run, (be it you don't rekonize the 'power or legitimacy' of the people you are running from why would you bait your enemy who has massive resources and seem to have a much more productive track record in getting the people they are going for than the BIB ? Why wouldn't he just lay low and disappear ?

Maybe they're not very bright.

Maybe they're not very bright.

You might be on to something with that.

web4-621x413.jpg

tnews_1372769061_7718.jpg
  • Like 1

Bor Kor Lai Jud nabbed at Chon Buri home

BANGKOK, 6 June 2014 (NNT) The military has apprehended Red Sunday Group leader Sombat Boonngamanong, aka Bor Kor Lai Jud, at a residence in Chon Buri province following his defiance of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)s authority.

According to Pol Maj Gen Pisit Paoin, Advisor to the Permanent Secretary for Information and Communication Technology, officers from the 21st Infantry Regiment, Queens Guard, have arrested Mr Sombat after storming a private home in Phan Thong district of Chon Buri on Thursday night. The military had earlier collaborated with the National Intelligence Agency in tracking down an IP address on a computer used by the runaway activist, leading to his arrest.

Mr Sombat has reportedly been taken to the Nawamin Camp of the 21st Infantry Regiment, Queens Guard, for custody.

The Red Sunday Group leader had been a prominent critic of the military coup and was ordered by the NCPO to report to the authorities for his action. However, he declared he would not comply with the order and challenged the military officers with a slogan Catch Me If You Can. Before he was taken away for detention, a message was posted on his Facebook account, saying he had been caught.

Done and dusted.

• Like 1

“Bor Kor Lai Jud” nabbed at Chon Buri home

BANGKOK, 6 June 2014 (NNT) – The military has apprehended Red Sunday Group leader Sombat Boonngamanong, aka Bor Kor Lai Jud, at a residence in Chon Buri province following his defiance of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)’s authority.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732093-thailand-live-friday-6-jun-2014/#entry7934438

• Like 1

Either way, I, for one, wouldn't be encouraging others to expose themselves to arrest by doing public protests while I'm on the run. He lost a lot of respect from me for doing this.

Mrs says that since he has been 'detained' someone has still been posting on his facebook page urging people to get out and fight the army.

Time to shut that down before it gets any more gullible types into the same strife he is in.

Mrs says that since he has been 'detained' someone has still been posting on his facebook page urging people to get out and fight the army.

Time to shut that down before it gets any more gullible types into the same strife he is in.

I just checked his Facebook page, and there are no such messages. His last status update is, "I've been arrested." You may wish to procure yourself a more intelligent, or less gullible, Mrs.

Here's a link to the recording Sombat prepared in case of his arrest. It's in Thai, the language of the country we live in. If you can't understand it, you might reconsider whether you are qualified to hold such strident opinions on the nation's political and social conditions.

http://t.co/Ltip3eh4d1

I just checked his Facebook page, and there are no such messages. His last status update is, "I've been arrested." You may wish to procure yourself a more intelligent, or less gullible, Mrs.

Here's a link to the recording Sombat prepared in case of his arrest. It's in Thai, the language of the country we live in. If you can't understand it, you might reconsider whether you are qualified to hold such strident opinions on the nation's political and social conditions.

http://t.co/Ltip3eh4d1

For the time being we will have a zero tolerance policy towards:

- Abusive behaviour towards others.

• Like 1

If he's tweeting from his phone, it may not be too long before he's caught, especially if he's up-country.

Dork.

So they got him, not for his phone but his IP address. Dork

I hope he brings his toothbrush. He might not be out for quite some time.

Spokeswoman Sirichan Ngathong said, "We have a team who tracked him through the Internet."

Sombat faces charges of defying an order to report to the junta, which carries a possible punishment of two years in prison.

He is expected to be detained at an army facility for up to one week for questioning and then brought before a military court.

http://www.rappler.com/world/regions/asia-pacific/59822-thailand-junta-detains-anti-coup-leader

If it is formed no civilized country will recognize his coup government and he can "govern" his army units!

To form a government in exile you really have to have some members of the previous government holding positions to have any credibility, aand as they are all forbidden from leaving Thailand I don't see it's at all possible.

Who is Jakraphob to set himself up as Secretary General of a Thai government in exile? My neighbour might as well go to Dubai and form a government in exile.

It's entirely unfeasible, even Jarupong, the fiery ex Interior Minister, has his whole family opposed to his self imposed exile.