Farmers welcome junta’s prompt remedial action plan

Lite Beer

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yinglucks mistake was stepping down calling for elections, once that happened she was stopped from being able to pay them for it. I think the farmers are smart enough to see what really happened. All you yellow followers seemed to hate the scheme, now you think its brilliant because your hero non-corrupt coup leaders are doing it now.

silly post..its money they have been owed for 7 months its an obligation..yingluks mistake was taking the job/and not providing the funds when she dissolved parliament correct...if the scheme was carried out the way it was meant to be done without the enormous theft.then no-one would be talking about it khun....wai2.gif

No. Yingluck's mistake was believing that the EC would act ethically and permit the farmers to be paid..as per their legal entitlement under the elected govt's program.

wrong..as you well know 7 months they waited she should..have paid them on the due date...dont spread dis-information..lies.lies ..lies ..

• Like 2

The General found Thaskin's hidden bank accounts going to drain them dry to pay farmers Thaskin will be on Suknspit hooking soon. Any takers?

altogether trillions can be found when counting the past 8 years ...

Do you really wonder why the rice scheme was so demonized by Yinglucks opposition. Mostly it was how much money the "rice wholesalers" were to lose.

Back in the 90's I checked the jasmin rice wholesale selling price in america and then I asked my ex-wife how much her family sold the rice for that they produced. After proposing I was willing to buy all the rice that their village could produce at a higher price they were selling it for, the answer I got was "it would never make it out of Issian". All rice trucks are stopped and checked at various check points. Seemed getting a rice export permit would have made no difference. The profit I could have made would have been tremendous.

I later got the "talk" that a small group in bangkok control all the rice and set the price. Some years the price was set so low they did not want to sell as it was far to low. They could see how much a Kilo of rice was selling for in stores and how low they were paid for the same rice was often devastating to them.

Yes they have farm cooperatives but they often don't agree or trust them. Until Yinglucks scheme to "cut the wholesaler out" there was no other alternative, it seems many TV's posters want the "old ways" and "old guard" in control.

You will hear no arguments from the yellow supporters -- they are afraid of what you are saying.

Welcome to the sound of silence.....if there is one single lucid post from the wackos I will be amazed, and if it does rear its head it will be an attack against you or some vague references to "drivel...just drivel"...again proving they have nothing to say.

Cowards, liars, purblind sophomores. Wake up. It is not the good guys versus the bad guys. It is the bad guys versus the other bad guys, and everyone sides with the bad guy who helps them. One bad guy has helped more people than the others.....

In most countries it is illegal for a fisherman to sell to a restaurant. He has to sell to a middle man, who has no more labor involved than a truck and two helpers. In the US it is a felony for fisherman to sell direct. The middlemen take ALL the money, making even more than the sellers at the end, being supermarkets, restaurants, and concession sellers.

Wake up, sleepy heads, because no one is taking this lying down here.

Wah!

Edited by FangFerang

How come now the money is suddenly here to pay the farmers?

Didnt they say that Yingluck and Thaksin stole it and thats why the farmers could not be paid?

Anyone that cant see what is going on is blind.

Go back to school and learn grammer before you post.... ignorance is bliss..! giggle.gif Perhaps you can ask your wife to write your posts... could not be any worse.!

Leave the kid alone BlackCedar, i think everyone who has read his post understands exactly his point.

He is entitled to his opinion the same as everyone else. wai2.gif

• Like 1

Prayuth's promise to pay the farmers in full within 20 days is a remarkable " coup " in and of itself. In one stroke he manages to alleviate the plight of the farmers, as well as strongly undercut Thaksin's core constituency. By this first legislative act, Prayuth takes the wind out of the sails of much of Pheu Thai and the UDD. It also is but the latest indication that things are going to be moving very swiftly.

That rice scheme is just a fabulous idea, I agree. Excellent {cough}idea{cough} of the army to keep it going. I'm sure now that a nice decent honest general is doing it, there will be no problems from the National Anti-Corruption Commission about all that plundering of the treasury, and the rice scheme will be enshrined as permanent national policy in the next constitution.

It's a hoot watching the yellow people "all change" like a Saturday night square dance, without a shred of irony let alone shame. Good grief!

Of course it's true. The army can dip into the national treasury any time it darn pleases for any reason it pleases. Who would stop them? Voters? Pshaw. Laws are for the little people, and only if you anger General Failure and he needs one.

Go back to school and learn grammer before you post.... ignorance is bliss..!

Heh. For Saturday, 24 May, 2014:

post-52815-0-98464200-1400923948_thumb.j

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 1

Well i never the army buying votes!

I doubt it will be long before the 2 trillion infrastructure scheme returns and is approved quickly.

Shortly after they will probably grant themselves amnesty for their actions.

Its all remarkably ironic, if it was not so predictable and pathetic.

The pathetic one is you trying to make something out of this that it is not, and a very poor attempt to support your hero in Dubai.

The farmers have been owed their money for produce the government and therefor by extension the country bought from them.

They were not paid because of either incompetence or stupidity (take your pick) of the PT govt for not making provision for the payment before the house was dissolved.

It was simple really, the Govt knew there was X tons of rice pledged for Y baht so therefor they would have to pay the farmers Z baht.

They should have had Z baht ready to pay the farmers before the house was dissolved. They did not do this.

The General has taken over the running of the country and has made it a priority to pay the debt the country owed the farmers.

While we are at it, this is one of the reasons the economy has slumped so badly.

Billions of Baht have been withheld from the rural economy severely restricting the spending power of the farmers and all the downstream workers and suppliers who depend on the farmers.

Rural debt has risen to unprecedented levels because farmers and the others who depend on them have had to borrow to be able to keep on farming and in some cases just to stay alive and as we saw recently to send their kids to school.

This will not suddenly stop because the farmers are paid but will continue for some time, possibly years.

Havent your PT govt done a wonderful job of stuffing the country up.

You spent twenty minutes trying to refute four lines of writing and failed. Your umpteen lines of yellow drivel never addressed a single thing that was said in under two hundred characters.

Why is it okay and now possible to pay the farmers? When they did it it was vote buying. Now it's something else? And their corruption is to 'grease the wheels of civilization' whereas 'other grease' is despicable? And control, loss of freedom is okay as long as your heroes do it?

Hilarious, and sad.

Easy answer...you just don't like it.

Yinglucks mistake was stepping down calling for elections, once that happened she was stopped from being able to pay them for it. I think the farmers are smart enough to see what really happened. All you yellow followers seemed to hate the scheme, now you think its brilliant because your hero non-corrupt coup leaders are doing it now.

What complete and utter rubbish!

Yingluck and her crew had MONTHS beforehand when the farmers were bleeding from the eyes pleading for their money, but the PT government WOULD NOT pay them...MONTHS before the protests started, and many months before she was kicked out.

One of the reasons the protests started was because of the rice pledging scheme rip off.

Note that Gen Prayuth says that the money is to be paid to the farmers immediately out of general revenue, as waiting to get the funds out of the rice scheme will take too long.

The situation was critical months before Yingluck was removed - but instead of realising that the farmers lives were being destroyed at the whim (or total lack of action) of the government, PT preferred to let them go to the wall - and many committed suicide as a result.

Your statement seems to imply that the red supporters must have loved the scheme - so does that also mean that they loved depriving the farmers of their rightful payment for crops purchased by the government?

Thieves!

The General has done exactly what PT should have done MANY MONTHS AGO. Well done!

• Like 2

I doubt it will be long before the 2 trillion infrastructure scheme returns and is approved quickly.

???blink.png

Didnt they say that Yingluck and Thaksin stole it and thats why the farmers could not be paid?

Please tell me which is worse, stealing the money and not paying the farmers, or having the money and not paying them.

Either way if the Junta does pay the farmers their money their opinion of their former hero Thaksin is going to take an even steeper nosedive. thumbsup.gif

You are selling the farmers short: of course they'll take the money on offer. Will it change their politics? Not for a second. They know they were duped by the suits in Bangkok and the old guard. They won't forget it.

They were duped by their own party.. not the suits in BKK.. their own party did not make any preparations when dissolving themselves. That is incompetence.. and that incompetence was used against them by the anti goverment protestors and EC. Its the mistake of the PTP

But before that the amnesty is what caused it all it is what brought people on the street.. had Taksin not gone for his amnesty (and 25.000 corruption cases) the poor red foot-soldiers from 2010 would be free and they would still be in power.

So its about being self serving arrogant and incompetent.

The pathetic one is you trying to make something out of this that it is not, and a very poor attempt to support your hero in Dubai.

The farmers have been owed their money for produce the government and therefor by extension the country bought from them.

They were not paid because of either incompetence or stupidity (take your pick) of the PT govt for not making provision for the payment before the house was dissolved.

It was simple really, the Govt knew there was X tons of rice pledged for Y baht so therefor they would have to pay the farmers Z baht.

They should have had Z baht ready to pay the farmers before the house was dissolved. They did not do this.

The General has taken over the running of the country and has made it a priority to pay the debt the country owed the farmers.

While we are at it, this is one of the reasons the economy has slumped so badly.

Billions of Baht have been withheld from the rural economy severely restricting the spending power of the farmers and all the downstream workers and suppliers who depend on the farmers.

Rural debt has risen to unprecedented levels because farmers and the others who depend on them have had to borrow to be able to keep on farming and in some cases just to stay alive and as we saw recently to send their kids to school.

This will not suddenly stop because the farmers are paid but will continue for some time, possibly years.

Havent your PT govt done a wonderful job of stuffing the country up.

You spent twenty minutes trying to refute four lines of writing and failed. Your umpteen lines of yellow drivel never addressed a single thing that was said in under two hundred characters.

Why is it okay and now possible to pay the farmers? When they did it it was vote buying. Now it's something else? And their corruption is to 'grease the wheels of civilization' whereas 'other grease' is despicable? And control, loss of freedom is okay as long as your heroes do it?

Hilarious, and sad.

Easy answer...you just don't like it.

You spent two minutes of writing and failed.

• Like 1

The one thing that is different is that the military can now take action against those that ripped off the system to return the money to the coffers. remember anyone arrested now goes to military court not to civilian where they can make all sorts of threats and excuses.

Prayuth realizes that the more he can do for the people the better it will be.

The fact that all the political leaders are doing a time out does not hurt either.

And where is Chalerm's response, or even where is he?

Home hiding under the bed?

I too find it extremely interesting that all of a sudden there is billions of baht to pay the farmers...

Where did it come from?

Surely the General isn't paying or Suthep or any of the other usual suspects...hmmmmm must have been in the coffers all along then... no? Banks cooperating now ? Election Comission let go the purse strings...? Which brings to mind another question...of all the kazillion posts and accusations by the opposition party that kazillions are missing... is there a white sheet available yet which shows where it went missing to... or are they still merely allegations...? I recall the NAAC couldn't find the billions that supposedly went to Hong Kong...and after investigating all the leads decided it was a bogus claim..I guess.. they made an offical announcement.. anyway..what about the rest...? Anybody have any leads on that? Curioser and curiousor... the plot thickens... all of a sudden there is money to pay the farmers...are they seeking loans to pay them? Haven't seen anything on that... Are they diverting from other govt funds...? Haven't seen that yet either... so will be interesting to see just where this money is coming from...and to think that some people still believe this started in October... more folds than a Butterfly Origami.

• Like 2

No. Yingluck's mistake was believing that the EC would act ethically and permit the farmers to be paid..as per their legal entitlement under the elected govt's program.

wrong..as you well know 7 months they waited she should..have paid them on the due date...dont spread dis-information..lies.lies ..lies ..

No, it's not wrong. Yingluck and the govt tried every measure to secure the release of funds to pay the farmers. They were blocked at every turn by forces opposed to the payment. That included Suthep who tried to bully and browbeat the banks into non-cooperation. Either you are ignorant of the facts or your memory is faulty...you choose

No YOU are completely wrong - selective memory I think - if you recall, the government had not paid the farmers when the payment was due - which was before the protests even started.

One of the reasons for the protest was that the rice pledging scheme was not paying the farmers.

The payments to the farmers were due MONTHS before the protests, not after - so how did the protesters block the payments before they started protesting?

Do you really wonder why the rice scheme was so demonized by Yinglucks opposition. Mostly it was how much money the "rice wholesalers" were to lose.

Back in the 90's I checked the jasmin rice wholesale selling price in america and then I asked my ex-wife how much her family sold the rice for that they produced. After proposing I was willing to buy all the rice that their village could produce at a higher price they were selling it for, the answer I got was "it would never make it out of Issian". All rice trucks are stopped and checked at various check points. Seemed getting a rice export permit would have made no difference. The profit I could have made would have been tremendous.

I later got the "talk" that a small group in bangkok control all the rice and set the price. Some years the price was set so low they did not want to sell as it was far to low. They could see how much a Kilo of rice was selling for in stores and how low they were paid for the same rice was often devastating to them.

Yes they have farm cooperatives but they often don't agree or trust them. Until Yinglucks scheme to "cut the wholesaler out" there was no other alternative, it seems many TV's posters want the "old ways" and "old guard" in control.

You will hear no arguments from the yellow supporters -- they are afraid of what you are saying.

Welcome to the sound of silence.....if there is one single lucid post from the wackos I will be amazed, and if it does rear its head it will be an attack against you or some vague references to "drivel...just drivel"...again proving they have nothing to say.

Cowards, liars, purblind sophomores. Wake up. It is not the good guys versus the bad guys. It is the bad guys versus the other bad guys, and everyone sides with the bad guy who helps them. One bad guy has helped more people than the others.....

In most countries it is illegal for a fisherman to sell to a restaurant. He has to sell to a middle man, who has no more labor involved than a truck and two helpers. In the US it is a felony for fisherman to sell direct. The middlemen take ALL the money, making even more than the sellers at the end, being supermarkets, restaurants, and concession sellers.

Wake up, sleepy heads, because no one is taking this lying down here.

Wah!

Actually i refuted this quite easily already.. you must have not read it.

How can mysterious men from BKK control the world rice prices when the rice program that was aimed at doing the same failed. So those mysterious men could do what this government failed cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Its that easy to dispel red lies.

• Like 1

Market forces, not this self appointed demi-god general will determine rice prices . Future stabilisation, by the junta, at a higher than market level, means subsidy from somewhere. Great that those owing monies may finally get paid, but what of their future ? I am not at all motivated by politics, I condemn Thaksin and all corrupt officialdom of any persuasion. However, I wince at every post that proclaims the new PM General as the ultimate saviour. How much do we really know of this man's motivation, intention or, perhaps, manipulation?

Market forces, not this self appointed demi-god Thaksin will determine rice prices . He tried but failed, big time.

I too find it extremely interesting that all of a sudden there is billions of baht to pay the farmers...

Where did it come from?

Surely the General isn't paying or Suthep or any of the other usual suspects...hmmmmm must have been in the coffers all along then... no? Banks cooperating now ? Election Comission let go the purse strings...? Which brings to mind another question...of all the kazillion posts and accusations by the opposition party that kazillions are missing... is there a white sheet available yet which shows where it went missing to... or are they still merely allegations...? I recall the NAAC couldn't find the billions that supposedly went to Hong Kong...and after investigating all the leads decided it was a bogus claim..I guess.. they made an offical announcement.. anyway..what about the rest...? Anybody have any leads on that? Curioser and curiousor... the plot thickens... all of a sudden there is money to pay the farmers...are they seeking loans to pay them? Haven't seen anything on that... Are they diverting from other govt funds...? Haven't seen that yet either... so will be interesting to see just where this money is coming from...and to think that some people still believe this started in October... more folds than a Butterfly Origami.

The General has ordered the money to be paid from general revenue, as funds from the rice pledging scheme would take too long to make available - presumably as they would have to sell rice to get the money.

The question you should really be asking, is why PT did not make the payments when they were due - BEFORE the protests had started.

• Like 1

Go back to school and learn grammer before you post.... ignorance is bliss..! giggle.gif Perhaps you can ask your wife to write your posts... could not be any worse.!

Go back to school and learn how to spell before you post, is your wife writing this for you? (Grammar)

• Like 2

No, it's not wrong. Yingluck and the govt tried every measure to secure the release of funds to pay the farmers. They were blocked at every turn by forces opposed to the payment. That included Suthep who tried to bully and browbeat the banks into non-cooperation. Either you are ignorant of the facts or your memory is faulty...you choose

No YOU are completely wrong - selective memory I think - if you recall, the government had not paid the farmers when the payment was due - which was before the protests even started.

One of the reasons for the protest was that the rice pledging scheme was not paying the farmers.

The payments to the farmers were due MONTHS before the protests, not after - so how did the protesters block the payments before they started protesting?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701668-pdrc-leader-suthep-warns-banks-against-rice-loans-to-government/

who has a selective memory?

• Like 1

Your grammar sucks. Are you a native speaker or pretending to be one?

Your snide post should have read "Go back to school and learn grammar before you post. Ignorance is bliss.... giggle.gif Perhaps you should ask your wife to write your posts...they could not be any worse!"

No spaces after ellipses unless the continued thought diverges from topic. Do not use ellipses as an expression of parenthetic thought. No vague identifiers without a subject, hence "they". No double spaces before a sentence (you started off badly and went wild from there). You stated "..!" (which is seriously funny -- double punctuation is foul, and you used triple punctuation in a silly truncated fashion, being two thirds of an ellipses plus an exclamation point). Yes, I teach English, and have a degree in the same from a respectable university. I give the post you hated a 'c'. I happily give yours an 'f', as in failure (remember to underline or bold words used as words in a topic rather than their pejorative contextual meaning). If you got lost here while I wrote, get a dictionary and grammar guide.

The post you hated neglected thee apostrophes. Your post was a...f i a s c o.

tongue.png

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 2

I don't think the scheme is good. Never have. It was pure unsustainable populist vote buying, and mismanaged beyond belief at that.

I'm just happy the farmers are being paid for what they sold.

Yes I am glad you agree the money that should have been paid months ago was being held as a political hostage. Keep drinking the Yellow Kool-aid.

Most Governments around the world have subsidy programs for farmers, but because it is done by a political party you oppose it must be bad. Oh my.

Most Governements around the world agree with free-trade also, and don't try to control the prices of their major and world number one export product.

The political party you have a passion for really f..d that up,, didn't it? Or are you still in denial that Thailand, since the last 6 months, has become the 3rd largest exporter of world rice as opposed to being ranked first?

There is subsidy, and there is down right financial rape for personal gains.

The problem here, for you, is that you are still a political hostage of all the klap-trap you've believed for some years.

Time to grown up, mai na? Your beloved party has been disintegrated in days... and it ain't going to reappear before your eyes. The magic has gone. ;)

• Like 2

Where did it come from?

Knowledge is a dangerous thing.. good thing its lacking in most reds.

The government was never short on money, it was just that their budget was done, and they were in caretaker mode and could not loan from other budgets because of the rules. It was because of the incompetence of not reserving more budget before stepping down.

The General on the other hand is not bound by the same rules.

Understood ?

Controversial former prime minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra lives in Dubai in self-exile to avoid corruption charges. While some say his influence over younger sister Yingluck, Thailand's embattled prime minister, is waning, he's maintained a low-profile since political protests calling for her ouster broke out last November after her party tried to push an amnesty bill that would have allowed him to return. Ousted in a 2006 coup, Shinawatra managed to recover close to $1 billion of his $2.3 billion in frozen assets. He also owns a controlling stake of SC Asset, a real estate developer that Yingluck used to run.

Thats how much they care about the farmers. Me,me,me,me............

http://www.forbes.com/profile/thaksin-shinawatra/

• Like 2

The farmers should have been paid long before she stepped down.

Where did it come from?

The General has ordered the money to be paid from general revenue, as funds from the rice pledging scheme would take too long to make available - presumably as they would have to sell rice to get the money.

The question you should really be asking, is why PT did not make the payments when they were due - BEFORE the protests had started.

I beleive from what I have read that the plan was good for awhile but then the market was undercut by VIetnam and India price/volume wise..it's a shame she didn't bail after the first year instead... she reduced from 15,000 a ton to 13,500 a ton but still wasn't enough to pay the farmers and the costs of warehousing and maintenece waiting for high bid auctions sitting in warehouses.... low market prices and she kept buying from the farmers...rumors of rice coiming in from outside Thailand to benefit from the autions but the market dipped and she got hung out to dry..... now not all government subsidies work out and she def took the gas on this one....also heard tons of allegations of corruption but have yet to see any actual facts...of theft of money or siphoning of money only rumors.. cheers

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 1

Your grammar sucks. Are you a native speaker or pretending to be one?

Your snide post should have read "Go back to school and learn grammar before you post. Ignorance is bliss.... giggle.gif Perhaps you should ask your wife to write your posts...they could not be any worse!"

No spaces after ellipses unless the continued thought diverges from topic. Do not use ellipses as an expression of parenthetic thought. No vague identifiers without a subject, hence "they". No double spaces before a sentence (you started off badly and went wild from there). You stated "..!" (which is seriously funny -- double punctuation is foul, and you used triple punctuation in a silly truncated fashion, being two thirds of an ellipses plus an exclamation point). Yes, I teach English, and have a degree in the same from a respectable university. I give the post you hated a 'c'. I happily give yours an 'f', as in failure (remember to underline or bold words used as words in a topic rather than their pejorative contextual meaning). If you got lost here while I wrote, get a dictionary and grammar guide.

The post you hated neglected thee apostrophes. Your post was a...f i a s c o.

tongue.png

Brilliant lol.