French far right in 'earthquake' win as EU votes

webfact

Being a good orator is good for a public speaker - it does not make his policies sound. Hitler and Goebbels were great orators! A party is also more than the head man - move down a step and look at the morons that inhabit that party. Farage spouts much the same as those war time fascists, though not as extreme of course, blaming the ills on immigration etc, when the numbers just don't stack up. This is why he and his party is seen as a joke - a dangerous joke, sure, but a joke just the same. It makes no sense - is emotive crap that pulls at the bigot in us - listen to the people on the streets that vote for him when interviewed - its always the same, "immigrants". Britain NEEDS immigrants ( especially from the EU where they tend to go home after providing skilled, cheap, labour ), it has the worlds most expensive (per head of capita) welfare system in the world and an aging community of baby boomers that blew most of the country's wealth in the 80s. WRT Immigrant benefit scroungers: pregnant wives and sick relatives that get free NHS, when the husband/son comes on a work visa - are rarely from the EU - they are from old Commonwealth countries like India and Pakistan. People from Eire come to the UK and claim unemployment benefit - often whilst working in the construction industry - that was until the Poles replaced them for skills and cost and without the dole money! The Irish come not because of EU free movement, but because of agreements made back in the 1920s.

The UKIP does one thing, it helps Labour. It waters down the Tory vote. Farage would be better as a Tory candidate, and push for reform in Europe rather than trying to isolate the UK. The EU is ripe for change (Merkel showed willingness to discuss this when she visited Britain in a joint televised address with Cameron - within reason of course), but it is silly to destroy it or jump ship - that only pays the Americans and Chinese. Britain would be the loser.

You keep mentioning the 'Poles' yeah hardworking, I know a few who still work in the UK, but you fail to mention that all the money they earn over and above living expenses goes straight back to Poland. Immigrants? all a matter of where you hail from mate, I'm from Manchester and I can tell you right now the place where I was born and bred (was a white working class area) in the last 8 years has been turned into a Ghetto, all empty properties get snapped up by buy to let landlords, next minute you have 2 family's of black African immigrants moved in (Nigeria, Senegal) this is fact not made up scare mongering nonsense , they speak their own language, our Local high street which once thrived with shops of all sorts of fayer is now just Western Union, Al-Hal butchers/supermarkets, African Cafes (see Shabeens) and gangs of these people (men) hanging out in groups of 20 outside these places. The place is now a $hit hole thanks the the local Labour councils free door attitude and the Governments open door immigration policy, yep don't tell me abouty immigration pal I am living it, My house is now worth about half of what it was. On a plus note you can buy Talipia Fish 24/7 and cooking oil - and what was once the local is now a CAB which will ensure you can claim any benefits you are entitled too and get a property, register with a local GP and Dentist, is all for free....

UKIP and Proud!

Which area is that Lokie? Just curious, as I lived there in the 90's

Describes most mill towns in West Yorks Greater Manchester

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Dreyfus affair to Vichy to Le Pen, France has always been a sinister country.

But overall in Europe, the citizens have spoken out against the waste, corruption and arrogance of the Brussels regents. People want more direct democracy, accountability, safer neighbourhoods and protection of individual freedoms. A new broom in Brussels ... hooray!

Dreyfus was eventually released then cleared, in any other country at that time he would just have spent his life in jail if not been executed on the spot, Vichy was an occupation regime and Le Pen though I can't say I'm a fan would look like a shy leftist in most countries, US included.

Dreyfus was targeted specifically by the French because he was Jewish. In any other civilised country this would not have happened.

The Vichy regime was very French.

Le Pen Sr and Jr are scum. I can't understand why they're so popular among their countrymen.

Being a good orator is good for a public speaker - it does not make his policies sound. Hitler and Goebbels were great orators! A party is also more than the head man - move down a step and look at the morons that inhabit that party. Farage spouts much the same as those war time fascists, though not as extreme of course, blaming the ills on immigration etc, when the numbers just don't stack up. This is why he and his party is seen as a joke - a dangerous joke, sure, but a joke just the same. It makes no sense - is emotive crap that pulls at the bigot in us - listen to the people on the streets that vote for him when interviewed - its always the same, "immigrants". Britain NEEDS immigrants ( especially from the EU where they tend to go home after providing skilled, cheap, labour ), it has the worlds most expensive (per head of capita) welfare system in the world and an aging community of baby boomers that blew most of the country's wealth in the 80s. WRT Immigrant benefit scroungers: pregnant wives and sick relatives that get free NHS, when the husband/son comes on a work visa - are rarely from the EU - they are from old Commonwealth countries like India and Pakistan. People from Eire come to the UK and claim unemployment benefit - often whilst working in the construction industry - that was until the Poles replaced them for skills and cost and without the dole money! The Irish come not because of EU free movement, but because of agreements made back in the 1920s.

The UKIP does one thing, it helps Labour. It waters down the Tory vote. Farage would be better as a Tory candidate, and push for reform in Europe rather than trying to isolate the UK. The EU is ripe for change (Merkel showed willingness to discuss this when she visited Britain in a joint televised address with Cameron - within reason of course), but it is silly to destroy it or jump ship - that only pays the Americans and Chinese. Britain would be the loser.

You keep mentioning the 'Poles' yeah hardworking, I know a few who still work in the UK, but you fail to mention that all the money they earn over and above living expenses goes straight back to Poland. Immigrants? all a matter of where you hail from mate, I'm from Manchester and I can tell you right now the place where I was born and bred (was a white working class area) in the last 8 years has been turned into a Ghetto, all empty properties get snapped up by buy to let landlords, next minute you have 2 family's of black African immigrants moved in (Nigeria, Senegal) this is fact not made up scare mongering nonsense , they speak their own language, our Local high street which once thrived with shops of all sorts of fayer is now just Western Union, Al-Hal butchers/supermarkets, African Cafes (see Shabeens) and gangs of these people (men) hanging out in groups of 20 outside these places. The place is now a $hit hole thanks the the local Labour councils free door attitude and the Governments open door immigration policy, yep don't tell me abouty immigration pal I am living it, My house is now worth about half of what it was. On a plus note you can buy Talipia Fish 24/7 and cooking oil - and what was once the local is now a CAB which will ensure you can claim any benefits you are entitled too and get a property, register with a local GP and Dentist, is all for free....

UKIP and Proud!

Which area is that Lokie? Just curious, as I lived there in the 90's

Describes most mill towns in West Yorks Greater Manchester

Probably a lot of places around the North of England, the London boro's are now moving people out into renetd accom in the midlands and Greatre Manchester as they have no housing left. Some of the lets all welcome with open arms brigade want to live in the real world. Oh sorry I am ignorant because I dared to say I am against free loading immigrants? As I said I am not against any race or colour of an individual who wants to contribute in society, just against Free loaders.

As for being in Thailand, totally differant, I look after myself - I do not take from this Kingdom I only spend 'Money' UKIP - Power to the working, paying TAXES PEOPLE!

Electing far right, racist, xenophobic, anti-semitic MEPs is truly shocking. Something is very wrong in Le Republic.

UKIP are xenophobic but have done very well in trying to get rid of the racists and anti-semites that support them. Farage is entertaining, but in all reality they are a joke party and a protest vote against the mainstream ineffectual parties.

The turn-out in the UK says it all. Some earthquake!!

Abject nonsense. UKIP won the European election in the UK. They've done pretty well in the local elections too. I don't see any joke. They are on their way to the Westminster.

European Elections: UKIP Tops British Polls

sky_174244.gifSky News – 1 hour 16 minutes ago

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/european-elections-ukip-top-british-polls-221803283.html#OvZdSz6

Try reading their manifesto and their policies then you might see the joke! Yes, they won the Euro election on a tiny turnout and as an anti-EU/immigrant protest. They have zero chance of winning a General Election. Zero.

For heaven's sake, no one ever said that they would win the general election in 2015. They haven't got a single MP at the moment. Getting into the Westminster would be a major success. Realistically speaking, 5-10 MP's would be a success. The British democracy is rigged. There isn't much difference between Labour and Tory party - they're both owned by big businesses and corporations. The change is desperately needed.

.......Oh sorry I am ignorant because I dared to say I am against free loading immigrants? As I said I am not against any race or colour of an individual who wants to contribute in society, just against Free loaders.......

In which case you must welcome the vast majority of immigrants to the UK; no matter where they come from.

As explained to you previously, and to DiamondKing above, immigrants to the UK, whether from the EU/EEA or elsewhere, are not freeloaders.

It seems that the links provided in my previous response to you are to complex for you to understand, so try the Public Funds leaflet linked to in my reply to DiamondKing.

• Like 1

A quick word to those anti immigrant immigrants who are complaining about their old home towns being 'taken over' by people they don't care for(i.e. black/brown and/or Muslim).

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the UK's immigration policy, this has absolutely nothing to do with the UK's membership of the EU or the EEA.

Each EU/EEA member state sets it's own rules and requirements for immigration from outside the EU/EEA.

It is only EU/EEA nationals who are exercising an economic treaty right, and their qualifying family members, whose immigration comes under the EEA regulations.

If the UK were to leave both the EU and the EEA, this would have absolutely no effect on the number of immigrants coming to the UK from outside the EU/EEA.

It would have a drastic effect, though, on the estimated million plus British citizens who are currently exercising an economic treaty right in other EU/EEA countries; especially those British pensioners who have bought homes and retired there.

Northern mill towns mostly muslim. For some reason that escapes me, The hindus and sikhs moved out of my old home towm.

• Like 1

The feeling of schadenfreude is quite wonderful as the roof collapses in on the liberal-left multicultural ideologues. Make no mistake this is not a flash in the pan, people are waking up to being sold down the river throughout western Europe.

Once you have recovered from your premature dose of schadenfreude...

Care to explain what happened in the EU vote in Italy....or in terms of "liberal-left ideologues" what happened in Greece.

Sorry to see your pin up Paul Weston scored the lowest vote for any party in the UK, beaten even by the Roman Party. AVE and its fruitloop bus driver candidate

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/roman-party-bring-independent-option-7124842

It must be terribly difficult when no one wants to listen.......

....or in terms of "liberal-left ideologues" what happened in Greece

Syriza, who won the election in Greece, are about as far from "liberal-left ideologues" as you can get. They are unapologetic hard-line left-wing -- the name translates as Coalition of the Radical Left, and hate Brussels much more violently than fellows like Nigel Farage or Kristian Thulesen Dahl.

• Like 1

Syriza, who won the election in Greece, are about as far from "liberal-left ideologues" as you can get. They are unapologetic hard-line left-wing -- the name translates as Coalition of the Radical Left, and hate Brussels much more violently than fellows like Nigel Farage or Kristian Thulesen Dahl.

So who makes the grade as "liberal-left ideologues"?

The feeling of schadenfreude is quite wonderful as the roof collapses in on the liberal-left multicultural ideologues. Make no mistake this is not a flash in the pan, people are waking up to being sold down the river throughout western Europe.

Care to explain what happened in the EU vote in Italy....or in terms of "liberal-left ideologues" what happened in Greece.

Sorry to see your pin up Paul Weston scored the lowest vote for any party in the UK, beaten even by the Roman Party. AVE and its fruitloop bus driver candidate

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/roman-party-bring-independent-option-7124842

Facts are facts, UKIP won the vote in the UK, the first time a party other than Labour or the Conservatives have won a national election in the UK in over 100 years. The Liberals were down to one seat, beaten by the Greens, talk about nobody wanting to listen. cheesy.gif

Facts are facts, UKIP won the vote in the UK, the first time a party other than Labour or the Conservatives have won a national election in the UK in over 100 years. The Liberals were down to one seat, beaten by the Greens, talk about nobody wanting to listen. cheesy.gif
Hahaha this guy is shooting air balls all over the place. Most important sound of Italy by the way was: Bilderberg is the root of all evil. Bilderberg was created in my country, yawn goodnight.

.....Cameron doesn't repeat his statement, "a Party of Fruitcakes" .....

Not all UKIP members are fruitcakes; some of them are loonies.

Fruitcakes or Loonies I would rather see them in power than Cameron and his mob,who can't do anything except slag off the Labour Party, sell off our assets on the cheap,give away Billions in Foreign Aid while telling our people to pull in your belt,and nip down to the local Food Banks,even our Schools and Supermarkets are collecting food for Uk Citizens! The man is completely out of touch with reality! Thank **** we only have another year to put up with this Old Oxford Spiv,who doesn't even know the weekends gains of UKIP were not entirely due to "Disillusionment with the EU" as he managed to sidestep and cop out of any blame, but of course Cameron would never admit to his faults and share the blame!

Edited by MAJIC

So who makes the grade as "liberal-left ideologues"?

Nobody, because "liberal-left" is a contradiction in itself.

BTW, what is the topic of the OP?

Why has this thread been hijacked by people discussing UK politics?

I have difficulties finding a political definition that fits me. Here are my political wet dreams:

economic:

- Taxes and social compulsory levies capped by the constitution at 33% of a person's income, tax on wealth capped at 1% a year, VAT capped at 10%

- No tax for small companies, no regulations on business hours, etc.

- Large companies taxed either on profit, or on staff numbers or on turnover, whatever yields more tax (yes, companies that don't make profit would also be taxed)

- Only larger companies would be subject to stricter labour laws, such as minimum salary

- Currency unit defined by a basket of basic commodities and of durable assets, i.e. prices don't vary too much, currency doesn't lose value vs. the basket

- Minimum legal compulsory interest rate for all debts, including national debt, for example 5%

- State deficit is only aceptable if temporary and as a consequence of unforeseen events. Deficits must be directly compensated the next year, if necessary through temporary tax (extraordinary tax can be levied above 33%). Budgets must be planned based on 95% of previous' year tax returns and must include a 2% safety buffer which gets allotted to reserves. State deficit cannot be financed through debt.

- Citizens are given priority over institutions to subscribe national debt, as well as national institutions over foreign institutions. Interest from national debt is tax free, except for foreigners.

social:

- the government has to offer a minimum social and medical assistance, meaning a roof, accomodation (not private), food and healthcare - this service level has to be low enough so that nobody would want to use these services, but good enough that persons in need will be happy to be able to rely on it

- the goverment has to make sure the educational system rewards work and intelligence, and that the labour market does the same

- the goverment has to make sure society is balanced, that the numbers of low, middle and upper class are adequate so all roles can be fulfilled, this means limiting the numbers of students in secondary studies and university

- the goverment has to make sure the relation between high and low net incomes remains within an adequate bracket, for example, the lowest net income of the 80th percentile should be between 5 to 10 times higher then the top net income of the 20th percentile

- the government has to make sure it promotes equality of rights and equality of opportunity but not egalitarianism

immigration and security:

- liberally grant visas. ask for a minimum of money, health insurance, diplomas or someone to vouch for the visitor and financially guarantee visitor's stay. any person who doesn't have own means can rely on a guarant to be allowed to stay indefinitely

- levy a "repatriation insurance premium" on immigrants, to finance the forced repatriation of their countrymen that get forcibly repatriated for any reason

- liberally grant work permits. let any foreigner find a work and stay

- foreigners paying taxes benefit from minimum national healthcare program. This does not include their dependents unless granted permament residency (difficult).

- more police. much much more.

Edited by manarak

The EU parliament should be very interesting with 23 new MEP's from the UK's new "Official Monster Raving Loony Party" hell bent on the destruction on the EU.

I like Garage very much. Finally we are having the proper discussion and debate that should have been going on for ages. All these unelected technocrats have been protected in Brussels too long, and its time to really ask what do we get out of it.

What amazes Me is that nobody in the Media ( or here) wish to talk to or want to hear from UKIP voters.

They remain silent.

Only the few allowed onto the main media channels are carefully cut and pasted to look confused.

Amazingly I speak to them every day, and understand their concerns, they are not silent, yet they know their place, they know they are cut off from the ruling elite of England.

As one commentator put it:

What these election results symbolise is the depth of disgust felt across Britain and through continental Europe at the remoteness, incompetence, complacency and dispiriting saminess of the political class (and its amen corner in the mainstream media, in the corporations, in the bureaucracy and the judiciary).

Unfortunately, it is all to no effect. The European Parliament is just a talking shop. It has no power and no say, it doesn't make any laws; those are made by the unelected and unaccountable European Commission.

So news today; the French Authorities are clearing out illegal immigrant camps at Calais, after reported outbreaks of Scabies and other health issues, they are being offered showers and a fresh set of clothing and movement to other areas around northern france (wonder how many of these immigrants who's objective is to illegally enter the UK on/under/in lorries/Trucks will take up the offer?) If they are cleared and moved on looks like the UK will loose out on these valuable contributors to society....?

Edited by Lokie

You seem to be confusing legal and illegal immigration; they are not the same.

I have every sympathy for the plight of genuine asylum seekers and refugees. Most of them seek refuge in the first safe country they can get to. Others do so in a further country, such as the UK, as they are already there in another capacity, e.g. student, they have family there, a common language or other links to that country.

But the life of an asylum seeker in the UK is not easy. They can't work but can get some state aid and housing; see Asylum Support and Claim Asylum in the UK.

Unfortunately, though, many people lump the genuine refugee together with the economic migrants camped out in northern France who are trying to illegally enter the UK because they have fallen for the same 'land of free houses and state handouts' myth that you appear to have done.

Illegal immigrants to the UK get nothing from the state; they cannot legally work and when found by the authorities risk arrest and removal.

I will freely accept that the UK's system for dealing with both asylum seekers and illegal immigrants is not perfect and needs re assessing to see what changes are needed. Particularly in the area of the removal of illegals.

The UK is not part of Schengen, so there is immigration control between the UK and France (and the other Schengen states). Which is why those people camped out in France trying to get here cannot simply get on a train or boat to do so; they have to try and get around UK immigration without being discovered.

Before anyone brings up the ECHR and it's court; the ECtHR. The ECHR is not an EU institution, it was in existence long before the EU, the UK is a founder member and it has 47 members of which 28 are also members of the EU.

But none of this has anything to do with the EU, which this topic is supposed to be about, and nothing will be changed should the UK leave the EU.

Edited by 7by7

You seem to be confusing legal and illegal immigration; they are not the same.

I have every sympathy for the plight of genuine asylum seekers and refugees. Most of them seek refuge in the first safe country they can get to. Others do so in a further country, such as the UK, as they are already there in another capacity, e.g. student, they have family there, a common language or other links to that country.

But the life of an asylum seeker in the UK is not easy. They can't work but can get some state aid and housing; see Asylum Support and Claim Asylum in the UK.

Unfortunately, though, many people lump the genuine refugee together with the economic migrants camped out in northern France who are trying to illegally enter the UK because they have fallen for the same 'land of free houses and state handouts' myth that you appear to have done.

Illegal immigrants to the UK get nothing from the state; they cannot legally work and when found by the authorities risk arrest and removal.

I will freely accept that the UK's system for dealing with both asylum seekers and illegal immigrants is not perfect and needs re assessing to see what changes are needed. Particularly in the area of the removal of illegals.

The UK is not part of Schengen, so there is immigration control between the UK and France (and the other Schengen states). Which is why those people camped out in France trying to get here cannot simply get on a train or boat to do so; they have to try and get around UK immigration without being discovered.

Before anyone brings up the ECHR and it's court; the ECtHR. The ECHR is not an EU institution, it was in existence long before the EU, the UK is a founder member and it has 47 members of which 28 are also members of the EU.

But none of this has anything to do with the EU, which this topic is supposed to be about, and nothing will be changed should the UK leave the EU.

Just a note: the way immigration rules & regulations are today, 99.9% of asylum seekers are illegal immigrants - because there is no legal way for them to enter the EU, and asylum can only be applied for from within EU territory... that's the catch 22.

Edited by manarak

UKIP and Proud!

Well, I was born and bred in the East End of London (Bow) - the 70s turned it into a ghetto, so I feel you there. However, Nigerians, Senegalese etc are not from the EU. There is a work shortage in the UK for certain skilled jobs - and this will continue - coming out of the EU will simply mean that more Africans an Asians filling the jobs - and they do not go home. Yes Poles etc take home the extra money - we can't have it both ways - we either want them to stay or we don't - we can't expect them to come for short term and leave without the money - there would simply be no incentive.

The Tories tied to push for anti-immigration policies the last time Blair won - it was a major failure (and declared as racist). The Tories still push for controlling immigration and have made it harder. Even Labour are talking about limits these days. It does not take a UKIP vote to limit immigration.

Hang on, I ain't bothered where immigrants are from, I Do Not Want Them! I want to look after our own people first whether they are white, black, yellow does not matter, I am not Racist, just fed up of free-loaders taking all and giving nothing, your argument relates to hard working immigrants, lets not BS here. The average one is here for a free handout - Period. As Farage says in the speech attached to my op, if immigrants have skills we need and they are coming to contribute to our society and they are free of criminal convictions with no long term health effects and can support them selves then hey Welcome Brother, if not then

Your comments, Lokie, show that you have a total lack of knowledge regarding both the UK's immigration rules and the UK's EEA freedom of movement regulations.

I suggest that you read up on both before displaying your ignorance on these matters again; especially the parts relating to what public funds immigrants from both within the EEA and outside it are entitled to; i.e. damn all.

If any immigrant, whether from the EEA or not, is coming to the UK for a free hand out; they will be very disappointed as they aren't going to get it!

I wouldn't say: "they aren't going to get it" (meaning benefits) they are getting it already,(after 3 months) as this report points out! so now the Conservatives are trying to win the next Election by claiming to plug the 3 month in the Country loophole, before they get benefits! could have done that 4 years ago! as part of their cut backs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2639106/New-crackdown-limit-EU-migrants-access-benefits-Ministers-plan-try-win-dissatisfied-voters-Ukip.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Edited by MAJIC

UKIP and Proud!

Well, I was born and bred in the East End of London (Bow) - the 70s turned it into a ghetto, so I feel you there. However, Nigerians, Senegalese etc are not from the EU. There is a work shortage in the UK for certain skilled jobs - and this will continue - coming out of the EU will simply mean that more Africans an Asians filling the jobs - and they do not go home. Yes Poles etc take home the extra money - we can't have it both ways - we either want them to stay or we don't - we can't expect them to come for short term and leave without the money - there would simply be no incentive.

The Tories tied to push for anti-immigration policies the last time Blair won - it was a major failure (and declared as racist). The Tories still push for controlling immigration and have made it harder. Even Labour are talking about limits these days. It does not take a UKIP vote to limit immigration.

Hang on, I ain't bothered where immigrants are from, I Do Not Want Them! I want to look after our own people first whether they are white, black, yellow does not matter, I am not Racist, just fed up of free-loaders taking all and giving nothing, your argument relates to hard working immigrants, lets not BS here. The average one is here for a free handout - Period. As Farage says in the speech attached to my op, if immigrants have skills we need and they are coming to contribute to our society and they are free of criminal convictions with no long term health effects and can support them selves then hey Welcome Brother, if not then

Your comments, Lokie, show that you have a total lack of knowledge regarding both the UK's immigration rules and the UK's EEA freedom of movement regulations.

I suggest that you read up on both before displaying your ignorance on these matters again; especially the parts relating to what public funds immigrants from both within the EEA and outside it are entitled to; i.e. damn all.

If any immigrant, whether from the EEA or not, is coming to the UK for a free hand out; they will be very disappointed as they aren't going to get it!

I wouldn't say: "they aren't going to get it" (meaning benefits) they are getting it already,(after 3 months) as this report points out! so now the Conservatives are trying to win the next Election by claiming to plug the 3 month in the Country loophole, before they get benefits! could have done that 4 years ago! as part of their cut backs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2639106/New-crackdown-limit-EU-migrants-access-benefits-Ministers-plan-try-win-dissatisfied-voters-Ukip.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

"It's absolutely true because I read it in the Daily Mail...." Watch the rest below:

• Like 1

European elections: Look who's heading to Brussels
As the European Parliament's freshly-elected 751 members prepare to take their seats, we have a look at some of the more unusual characters heading for Brussels

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10858918/European-elections-Look-whos-heading-to-Brussels.html

Edited by Morch

As one commentator put it:

What these election results symbolise is the depth of disgust felt across Britain and through continental Europe at the remoteness, incompetence, complacency and dispiriting saminess of the political class (and its amen corner in the mainstream media, in the corporations, in the bureaucracy and the judiciary).

Unfortunately, it is all to no effect. The European Parliament is just a talking shop. It has no power and no say, it doesn't make any laws; those are made by the unelected and unaccountable European Commission.

Rubbish. They are appointed by elected politicians and "laws" are ratified by the elected MEPs.

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app