Best way to pull 50,000 baht out of a Thai bank account

I'm getting ready to do a lease signing. If I walk into a branch of my Thai bank (Bangkok Bank) can I withdraw any amount I want? Or is it better to go to an ATM multiple times?

Edited by Hal65

Just go to the bank or do two ATM withdrawls. Most ATM's allow you to withdraw 50,000 a day.

At banks there can be a limit you can withdraw in case if it is not your own branch office. At least at my bank I can only withdraw 300,000 in cash a day from other brances. If I need more I have to go to my own branch. 50,000 should not be a problem.

• Like 2

Just go to the bank or do two ATM withdrawls. Most ATM's allow you to withdraw 50,000 a day.

At banks there can be a limit you can withdraw in case if it is not your own branch office. At least at my bank I can only withdraw 300,000 in cash a day from other brances. If I need more I have to go to my own branch. 50,000 should not be a problem.

I think you're wrong Mario, most banks allow 20000 baht per day as far as I'm aware and higher amounts have to be arranged. 50000 over the counter wont be a problem however (as long as you have the funds)

• Like 1

I think you're wrong Mario, most banks allow 20000 baht per day as far as I'm aware and higher amounts have to be arranged. 50000 over the counter wont be a problem however (as long as you have the funds)

Bangkok bank ATM will allow two x 25,000 baht withdrawals per day,at least mine will.

• Like 2

My experience is that there is a limit per ATM withdraw of either 20,000 or 25,000 baht, but you can make several withdrawls a day.

Just go the bank or do a couple of ATM withdrawals. How much a Thai bank ATM will distribute will depend on the bank....based on other threads talking about Thai ATM limits it seems to range from 20K to 30K per transaction depending on the bank....and of course you can always run into an ATM that would normally dispense say 20K, 25K or 30K per transaction but since it's getting low on cash it automatically shifts to a lower withdrawal limit...like maybe 10K until it gets refilled. And of course how much you can withdraw in one day/transaction will also depend on the ATM limit you have chosen/been set for the card.

Normally if you are a good customer SCB and Bangkok bank allow up to about one million baht (maybe more) from any branch unless it is a business account.

as other's have said all Bangkok Bank ATM cards start with a 50k daily limit (can be changed upon request). It is the ATM machine itself limiting your withdrawel to 20 or 25 bank notes but you can make multiple withdrawels. If you use a Bangkok Bank ATM in your area it will be free of charge.

Also to TravelerEastWest, you don't need to be a "good" customer. Any person with enough money in his savings account can get up to 2 million baht cash over the counter at all proper bank offices (some branch offices in shopping malls exempt).

save yourself the stress you can do bank to bank from your account to lessor I assume your leasing a condo ? coorect just get condo owners account number go to atm punch there account number due transfer that way you have record it been paid and so do they..

Mario is right,just ask the ATM skim scammer that accessed my acc.

ATM ' s will depend on the limit set on your account. If you arrange with the bank to change your limit you can take out much more than 50k. I did 200 k once though that was a lot of pressings at 20 k a time. Over the counter if you have iD, they know you, its your branch, they have the funds or any combination of the above you can take out millions if you want. But like the bloke in pattaya who put it in a paper bad then dropped it in the street, be careful with that!!

save yourself the stress you can do bank to bank from your account to lessor I assume your leasing a condo ? coorect just get condo owners account number go to atm punch there account number due transfer that way you have record it been paid and so do they..

Stress?? Hahahaha.

Multiple ATM transactions draw multiple charges ...... go into a branch and you get only a single charge

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you use an ATM in your branch area there is absolutely no fee with Bangkok Bank. Outside your area fees are applied though. If memory serves me right I have never been charged a fee by Kbank either when in my area. SCB and Krungsri however I think charge 5 baht or something but Im not sure. Wife uses them, I don't.

Multiple ATM transactions draw multiple charges ...... go into a branch and you get only a single charge

If you use an ATM in your branch area there is absolutely no fee with Bangkok Bank. Outside your area fees are applied though. If memory serves me right I have never been charged a fee by Kbank either when in my area. SCB and Krungsri however I think charge 5 baht or something but Im not sure. Wife uses them, I don't.

Krungsri charges 150 baht ($5) to use their ATMs even if it is in the bank itself. It pees me off. If there is a bank that charges less let me know .... I only use them because they were prepared to open an account with out tons of paperwork.

Edited by ironbark

Absolutely no indication that he pays a fee for the ATM withdraw.

No fee for ATM withdraws from your Thai bank account within the province.

Did you really understand what the thread is about?

Why take my passport with me for a trivial 50k transaction? (regarding to the topic title)

Mine stays in the safe whenever possible.

One of the original questions:

If I walk into a branch of my Thai bank (Bangkok Bank) can I withdraw any amount I want?

Sure, why not? Its your money,

I withdrew a million Baht to buy a car. No prob, no blink of the eye.

A million comes in a corded bundle.

Sure: for a million Baht I did not use the ATM but took my passport from the safe tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Above post assumes the person is doing a withdrawal with a foreign card; withdrawal using a Thai debit card will be free...or worst case around 20 baht. I think the OP is talking use of his Thai bank debit card.

My experience is that there is a limit per ATM withdraw of either 20,000 or 25,000 baht, but you can make several withdrawls a day.

You're probably right for most banks, but I happened to notice a sign at the Government Savings Bank (Om Sin) the other day that the total allowable per day was 20k.

Why worry about ATM ?

A few weeks back I bought a car for cash. Went into Kasikorn, not my branch, presented a withdrawal form for 700,000 baht & had the cash in about 5 minutes.

What's the problem ?

Why worry about ATM ?

A few weeks back I bought a car for cash. Went into Kasikorn, not my branch, presented a withdrawal form for 700,000 baht & had the cash in about 5 minutes.

What's the problem ?

No prob as I wrote.

But hey, the topic starter asked about 50000!

Thats what hiso Thai ladies spend at Siam Paragon in a single shopping spree buying some shoes and a bag.

Edited by KhunBENQ

not been here long have you i regularly deposit and draw even up to 2 million baht (business) and seen thais deposit and draw 20 30 50 million. Amazing Thailand and unlike west no glass divide etc. IF you go to gold shops in Bangkok I've often seen a suitcase of money passed over both ways.