Dutch Mafia Boss

thaigerd

Copied from Pattaya Mail online:

I hope it's not against forum rules-otherwise mods please delete it, thanks!

Dutch criminal ‘acted like mafia’ in Pattaya Klang protection racket

Boonlua Chatree

A Dutchman who ran a protection racket amongst the local bars was arrested for threatening behavior and discovered to be a wanted man in his own country.

Pattaya immigration police had received a complaint on June 8 from an employee of a beer bar in Pattaya Klang that the man often came to the bar and threatened and assaulted foreign customers. Pol Col Ittipol Ittisarnronnachai, commander of the immigration police in Pattaya, sent a team of officers into the bars around the area and waited for the man to show up.

Wilhelmus Johannes van Kempen

When he did so, the officers moved in to make an arrest. The man put up a fight and tried to pull a gun, but was restrained. He was identified as Wilhelmus Johannes van Kempen, 35, a national of the Netherlands. During the arrest, the immigration police allegedly received a telephone call from a local police officer to let van Kempen go for a payment of 100,000 baht, but the request was refused.

Police found that van Kempen’s passport had expired two years previously and on carrying out a record check with the Netherlands Embassy found out that the man was wanted by the authorities in his own country for a number of crimes that included burglary, possession of weapons, and bank robbery. He had arrived in Thailand in 2004 and opened a bar with associates in Pattaya Klang.

Pol Col Ittipol said that van Kempen was no ordinary criminal. After committing crimes in his own country he had arrived in Thailand and with fellow nationals had acted like mafia, collecting protection from bar owners, and was afraid of no one. He has now been handed over to the Dutch embassy to be transported back to his home country.

n9-672.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What, that big fat blob? My 87y/o granny looks scarier than him. Lets hope he is blacklisted & sent back to his own country. The sooner Thailand cracks down on losers like this the better the country will be for everyone in it.

Copied from Pattaya Mail online:

I hope it's not against forum rules-otherwise mods please delete it, thanks!

Dutch criminal ‘acted like mafia’ in Pattaya Klang protection racket

Boonlua Chatree

A Dutchman who ran a protection racket amongst the local bars was arrested for threatening behavior and discovered to be a wanted man in his own country.

Pattaya immigration police had received a complaint on June 8 from an employee of a beer bar in Pattaya Klang that the man often came to the bar and threatened and assaulted foreign customers. Pol Col Ittipol Ittisarnronnachai, commander of the immigration police in Pattaya, sent a team of officers into the bars around the area and waited for the man to show up.

Wilhelmus Johannes van Kempen

When he did so, the officers moved in to make an arrest. The man put up a fight and tried to pull a gun, but was restrained. He was identified as Wilhelmus Johannes van Kempen, 35, a national of the Netherlands. During the arrest, the immigration police allegedly received a telephone call from a local police officer to let van Kempen go for a payment of 100,000 baht, but the request was refused.

Police found that van Kempen’s passport had expired two years previously and on carrying out a record check with the Netherlands Embassy found out that the man was wanted by the authorities in his own country for a number of crimes that included burglary, possession of weapons, and bank robbery. He had arrived in Thailand in 2004 and opened a bar with associates in Pattaya Klang.

Pol Col Ittipol said that van Kempen was no ordinary criminal. After committing crimes in his own country he had arrived in Thailand and with fellow nationals had acted like mafia, collecting protection from bar owners, and was afraid of no one. He has now been handed over to the Dutch embassy to be transported back to his home country.

n9-672.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also known as the `Cosy Bar Kid` and very recently reported on in this forum :o

During the arrest, the immigration police allegedly received a telephone call from a local police officer to let van Kempen go for a payment of 100,000 baht, but the request was refused.

Good riddance!

Another good riddance would be the police officer who placed a phone call for his release :o

Also known as the `Cosy Bar Kid` and very recently reported on in this forum :D

Fox - u sorted out new ownership at the Cozy yet?

With all the bad publicity there recently Brit I will be giving it a very wide berth :D I think some of the other members might be interested :o

Why does it say 6.Jan 19 on the board he is carrying, or do I need glasses ? :o

The current Thai calendar system was introduced in 1888 with the year at 2431.

The present year is 2006 and the Thai year is 2549.

So the number is 49 not 19 :D

Hi Fox, look closely and you'll see more. It reads..... DOB 6 Jan 19XX. This is his date of birth and the XX are two numbers that cannot be seen because of the camera flash reflection. The Thai writing indicates that he is from the Netherlands and that he has a two year overstay.

The date at the bottom of the card is 6 Mitunayon (June) '49.......2006, as you state correctly.

Hi Fox, look closely and you'll see more. It reads..... DOB 6 Jan 19XX. This is his date of birth and the XX are two numbers that cannot be seen because of the camera flash reflection. The Thai writing indicates that he is from the Netherlands and that he has a two year overstay.

The date at the bottom of the card is 6 Mitunayon (June) '49.......2006, as you state correctly.

Well spotted Artisan...and thank you for your translation :D

Also known as the `Cosy Bar Kid` and very recently reported on in this forum :D

With all the bad publicity there recently Brit I will be giving it a very wide berth :D I think some of the other members might be interested :o

Prob good idea I'm quite sure MIB is looking to catch other farang owners, 2/2 with issues thus far from Dutch/Gerry lad. :D

What, that big fat blob? My 87y/o granny looks scarier than him. Lets hope he is blacklisted & sent back to his own country. The sooner Thailand cracks down on losers like this the better the country will be for everyone in it.

:D The appearances are not telling everything always, don't they? :D As for the "mafia acting" stuff, yes, you're right, that's the thais job :o

When we lived in Samui I was always told of so called "hard men" who one had to watch out for. I never gave them any special consideration & never had any problems from them. Being a self proclaimed mafia man is not worth the small piece of brain they used to come up with the title:)

A bit like calling your self the world greatest lover, unless anyone backs you up on it your just a sad loser with an over-inflated ego, which is probably what this guy is too. Anyone stupid enough to believe the hype about him & pay protection money deserved to get fleeced IMO. :o

Walked passed that bar on Friday night. Seemed to be operating normally. I would have stopped in but was trying to get to the Easy Rider bar to meet other members :o

Sigh, another opportunity lost in Paradise ! :D