Suspected illegal logging leads to timber confiscation from the home of a Thaksin sister

webfact

Suspected illegal logging leads to timber confiscation
By Digital Content

1401427522458.jpg

CHIANG MAI, May 30 -- Thai military and forestry officials are continuing to inspect and confiscate more logs from the home of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's sister in Thai northern Chiang Mai province, well into the second day.

Military officers from the 7th Infantry Division and Forestry Officials from the Forest Protection and Fire Prevention Unit inspected house number 39/99 of Wiang Pink Villa housing estate, in Doi Saket's Talad Kwan subdistrict, belonging to Monthathip Kowitcharoenkul, a sister of self-exiled ex-premier Thaksin, after being tipped off.

Numerous logs were reported hidden at the house, including teak and other rare species of wood, along with 8,000 planks of timber and more than 100 logs of illegal wood.

Forest Protection and Fire Prevention Unit director Apirat Noppakul said the house caretaker showed officials documentation and receipts of the log purchases, which clarified that the house owner has brought the timber more than a year ago from a wood shop in the province for Bt5 million, intended to be used to renovate the home.

However, all the wood has now been confiscated for further investigation by the Forestry Department to determine whether or not any of them were illegally logged. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-05-30

• Like 1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha, the shins are really copping it now, everything they have done will come back and bite them all on the ar*e, this is brilliant. Cant wait to see all the other corruption they are involved in coming out.clap2.gif

We need to wait see the results of the investigation but if there is wrong doing then proper punishments are needed. There's one Shin's ar*se that's not going to get bitten though.

Monthathip Kowitcharoenkul, a sister of self-exiled ex-premier Thaksin, after being tipped off.
Seems that the Authorities are receiving a lot of "tips" lately. Perhaps payback!

Don't need to say Suthep planted it. Just say it is fake wood, or pretend it didn't happen. Maybe doubt the source or demand written unattainable proof in the form of police reports on TVF until they believe it. Maybe ignore this and google something Suthep or Ahbisit did to defend these actions. Maybe…….

Oh, they have a plethitude of excuses.

When people say the thaksins are criminals there is a "grain" of truth in that.

I am glad all of these Shin's crimes are coming out of the wood work though!

They should arrests Thaksins sister for Treezun.

I wonder if thaksins son, "Oak", needs to be investigated too?

I'm sure no stone will be left unturned. Oak is a Shinawatra.

• Like 1

The same family party anyway :

CHIANG MAI, 30 May 2014 (NNT) - Soldiers confiscated a huge lot of 41 teak logs and 2,000 - 3,000 processed teak planks kept on a piece of land belonging to a former Chiang Mai MP, at the Chiang Mai Green Valley housing estate in Mae Rim District

And yesterday

RT @tulsathit: Illegal logs seized in Mae Hong Son and allegedly linked to ex-Pheu Thai head Jarupong. ASTV photohttp://t.co/Wcz5x53tYH

RT @tulsathit: MT @teamkorn: TR @NationTV22: illegal wood confiscated near Yaowapa's house (Thaksin's sister) in Chiang Maihttp://t.co/3AQ7zaJMW1

I'd never heard of Monthathip Kowitcharoenkulso I did a quick search which brought up a story about a house warming. As is often the case with internet searches you find something else. This time some deal to buy Russian jet fighters in return for chickens from what I could tell. I decided I'd found out enough then.

• Like 1

And yet another Shinawatra with dirty hands. No surprise here.

Is there no-one in this entire family who is NOT involved in some shady deals or corruption, I wonder.

And to think that they almost succeeded in taking over the entire country... shudder.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No red supporters here to say it was a plant by Suthep

They can not respond, no freedom of speech anymore, they are living in your world now, enjoy it while it last!

• Like 1