Best interest rates on fixed deposit account

Beng

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head off to a Cambodian bank. I did it recently on a side trip to Siem reap

Offering 7% for a year fixed deposit in USD. So if you have always wanted to do a visa run and was thinking of cambodia ...consider that as an option

Phnom Penh Commercial Bank and everyone speaks English

can anyone let me know how to claim the tax back

Off topic especially since it would take a long post to explain (but, if you start another thread with precisely that question - Procedure for Reclaiming the 15% Tax Withheld From Savings Accounts), I'll give you precise procedure I followed to get the money back.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Talking about the present day June 2 2014 what is the best rate and where. BKK bank is around 2% and as a previous poster stated you can depend on them for your immigration letter which is important.

At BKK Bank, which kind of account gets 2% and what does the small print say? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Talking about the present day June 2 2014 what is the best rate and where. BKK bank is around 2% and as a previous poster stated you can depend on them for your immigration letter which is important.

At BKK Bank, which kind of account gets 2% and what does the small print say? Thanks

4 months fixed, less tax then another "promotion" will take its place.

Best I have ever had,at BB, was 3.75% but that was quite some time ago and have been told it wont go back to that figure in the foreseeable future.

I just sold a condo for 1.35 million so I went to LH bank today in Big C Pattaya . They offer on a savings account, if you deposit more than 500.000 baht 2.65% interest. That's the same interest rate I will get in my home country so I see no reason to transfer my money out of Thailand. And this is not a fixed account , you can withdraw as many times you ike, use atm cards and even online banking. And the good news is no taxes to think about. If you deposit under 500.000 baht you still get 2% interest.

I have been faithful to Kasikorn for a long time but now is the time to change bank.

If you prefer a fixed account , minimum 17 months you'll get 3% .

Edited by balo

I just sold a condo for 1.35 million so I went to LH bank today in Big C Pattaya . They offer on a savings account, if you deposit more than 500.000 baht 2.65% interest. That's the same interest rate I will get in my home country so I see no reason to transfer my money out of Thailand. And this is not a fixed account , you can withdraw as many times you ike, use atm cards and even online banking. And the good news is no taxes to think about. If you deposit under 500.000 baht you still get 2% interest.

I have been faithful to Kasikorn for a long time but now is the time to change bank.

If you prefer a fixed account , minimum 17 months you'll get 3% .

Do you know if the 2.65% account (and the 3%) account are acceptable to immigration for the 800k retirement extension? Does the bank issue a letter of balance at your extention date.

• 1 month later...

Is that recent info? If so, which branch was that? My branch of Thanachart is offering 2% on 6month fixed, 2.3% on 1 year.

I think Thanachat Bank is offering 3+ % on a fixed deposit one year with no withdrawal. Check them out.

Is that recent info? If so, which branch was that? My branch of Thanachart is offering 2% on 6month fixed, 2.3% on 1 year.

I think Thanachat Bank is offering 3+ % on a fixed deposit one year with no withdrawal. Check them out.

The branch in San Sai. I met the manager a few weeks ago and he showed me an info on this fixed savings acc., and it was almost double of what I get from Kasikorn at the moment.

Great! Will drop in there tomorrow. That would be much better than what I am offered atm.

The branch in San Sai. I met the manager a few weeks ago and he showed me an info on this fixed savings acc., and it was almost double of what I get from Kasikorn at the moment.

Quote Balo 'And the good news is no taxes to think about'

Surely you pay tax on the interest ?

Yes you do but you can get a refund with a tax card,mine from City Hall, provided your income from other sources within Thailand is minimal.

I just got 3 years worth back,around 9,000 baht,beyond that no go.

Yes you do but you can get a refund with a tax card,mine from City Hall, provided your income from other sources within Thailand is minimal.

What paperwork did you need from the bank Sparks ?

What paperwork did you need from the bank Sparks ?

Well I just gave my Bangkok Bank the deposit books for the last 3 years.When you re invest you get a new pass book of course.They took it to a computer and printed out the details, interest paid etc on a small form and off we went to Hang Dong Amphur office with my tax card and the 3 forms from the bank.Filled in more forms which my wife completed ,received 3 cheques within a week.

The annoying thing is that until this info got posted on Thai Visa I had not been advised by my bank that you could get a return and I had moaned about the interest paid each time I renewed.There are many bank employees that don't know the system.

I just bought a 12 month term deposit at CIMB at 2.7%, with no other accounts required. One problem with the websites that list the daily rates is that they often omit the promotions, which can be twice as good as the regular terms. Got a 13 month at 3.2% a few months ago. Unfortunately, that Mae Tai Dee account at Krungsri is now only paying 2%, but no tax with-holding, but most of us have found that it isn't difficult to get that back.

Re rebates of taxes withheld, as far as I know, you need a form (two copies) issued from the bank noting the account with the account holder, residence address, passport number, interest payments and taxes (by date), both copies signed and dated by a bank officer at the branch. I think I got it all. The other forms are at the government office, as indicated above.

Edited by Mapguy