One day late on 90 day report is it a problem ?

Some offices want the papers to be send in 15 days ahead of the reporting date.

Just send it in first thing Monday morning, don't think it will be a big deal.

If in doubt you can always go in person, you are still within the time bracket, this of course if time/distance permits.

As stated, for walk in you are allowed 15 days before to 7 days after to submit the report. But for mail in, it is required to be in by or before the due date and supposed to be sent in at least 15 days before the due date as mentioned. From the immigration website.

Procedure and notification

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Notification by registered mail

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

http://www.immigration.go.th/

• Like 1

You should go to immigration in person to make your report. For mail in reports it must be there by the date it is due.

Not all offices require the mail in be done15 days early. Each office can have their own rules and some will not accept mail reports.

• Like 1

Thanks for all replies, apologies for not replying earlier, our electricity has been off all morning.

We have decided to go to the office in person, hopefully tomorrow, my wife is trying to book a taxi to take us now.

If you are reporting on the report date in person certainly no problem. If you are a day late bring a little "tea money" with you. I missed it once by 3 days, got one hell of a lecture and learned all about the possible consequences. To say I was a bit 'uncomfortable' would be a large understatement. I did drop a bit of "tea money" as indicated in the officer's "tip" box. When he said it really wasn't enough my wife unglued on him. Certainly glad 90 days elasped before I went back and I now post the date right next to my computer.

I was two days late last year and nothing was said they just put my new reporting date/slip in my passport and off I went.

This is because you can do it 15 before or 7 days after the 90 Day period expires

Hah, my first year with a work permit and work visa I thought I did not have to report but once a year. I never reported the whole first year. Year number 2 when I went with all my documents and such they saw no 90 reporting and just laughed at me a shuffled me off to the 90 day reporting counter to get one NOW! :)

I have lived in Thailand full time now for about 4 years and have NEVER done a 90day report. I guess I've managed to skate through. I've gotten numerous re-entry permits as I made trips back to the USA every year and I'm on an ED visa that of course has that stamp that "requires" it. Oh well then I guess I'm illegally here then.

I guess I'll take my chances, I believe the fine is 2000b. In my opinion it truly doesn't make any logical sense with 90day reports especially if you can produce a year contract/lease of apartment/condo. Perhaps people would be more compliant showing a lease/contract YEARLY than filing some redundant form every 90days.

I am YeaBiGgiEs and I have spoken on this day!

Years ago I made friends with an American guy who used to laugh when I mentioned 90 day reporting. He never bothered and nobody bothered him. He had made numerous trips to immigration to renew his retirement visa and get re-entry stamps but nobody ever asked him where his latest 90 day report slip was, although clearly he didn't have one in his passport. Goodness knows what kind of fine he would have got if he had been caught, as it was several years to my certain knowledge that he got away without reporting. But that's Thailand, I guess. Good luck. Keep your head down!

Years ago I made friends with an American guy who used to laugh when I mentioned 90 day reporting. He never bothered and nobody bothered him. He had made numerous trips to immigration to renew his retirement visa and get re-entry stamps but nobody ever asked him where his latest 90 day report slip was, although clearly he didn't have one in his passport. Goodness knows what kind of fine he would have got if he had been caught, as it was several years to my certain knowledge that he got away without reporting. But that's Thailand, I guess. Good luck. Keep your head down!

The fine would still be 2000 Baht. When I first moved here in 1993 I didn't report for the first 10 years as it was not enforced, no one I knew was doing it and seemed unimportant. But I went in to get my annual extension based on work and she noted the receipt wasn't in there and asked me if I have done my 90 day. I stammered a bit and she pointed to the office next door to get it done and it was clear my extension wasn't going anywhere until it was done. Paid 2000 Baht and a stamp in my passport indicating my late reporting and the fine amount. For the next 10 years have not been late again as they tightened up on it quite a bit, at least in Chiang Mai.

If you are reporting on the report date in person certainly no problem. If you are a day late bring a little "tea money" with you. I missed it once by 3 days, got one hell of a lecture and learned all about the possible consequences. To say I was a bit 'uncomfortable' would be a large understatement. I did drop a bit of "tea money" as indicated in the officer's "tip" box. When he said it really wasn't enough my wife unglued on him. Certainly glad 90 days elasped before I went back and I now post the date right next to my computer.

Mystified as to why you were read the Riot Act, bearing in mind that you were also still within the 7-day grace period.

And precisely what did your wife do to the greedy IO to "unglue on him"? Sounds nasty to me...tongue.png

Edited by OJAS

Removed a troll post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have removed a post questioning this action.

From the Forum Rules

8) Do not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities or to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity.

9) Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.