Pain In Abdomen

leisurely

:D Poor me. Feel like poo, as the topic title says, I have a pain low abdomen at the front. I am wondering if it is something to do with a part that only a lady has - not the bladder obviously. I wonder if anyone can suggest something. It is a sharp fairly constant pain :o . Not a period pain and I doubt I have a bladder infection I never have had in the past. If it continues I will go to the doctor, but I am a bit busy at the moment. Comments please

Not a period pain and I doubt I have a bladder infection I never have had in the past.

emm.. from my experience, (i have got UTI once) it fell like i wanted to pee always, and i wasn't able to pee just some drops , and start all over again as cycle ..and also pain at urethra

(that time i took Norfloxacin 400 mg , and after i took just 1-2 days the sign was gone)

What are the Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections?

Symptoms of UTI or bladder infection are not easy to miss and include a strong urge to urinate that cannot be delayed which is followed by a sharp pain or burning sensation in the urethra when the urine is released. Most often very little urine is released and the urine that is released may be tinged with blood. The urge to urinate recurs quickly and soreness may occur in the lower abdomen, back, or sides.

This cycle may repeat itself frequently during the day or night--most people urinate about six times a day, when the need to urinate occurs more often a bladder infection should be suspected.

When bacteria enters the ureters and spread to the kidneys, symptoms such as back pain, chills, fever, nausea, and vomiting may occur, as well as the previous symptoms of lower urinary tract infection.

Proper diagnosis is vital since these symptoms can also be caused by other problems such as infections of the vagina or vulva. Only your physician can make the distinction and make a correct diagnosis.

do you get flatulence?

you'd better see a doc.,dear

get well soon

Edited by BambinA

leisurely,

little bells suddenly went off:

do u take 'the pill'???

or use an iud?

or an older lady??

go in NOW for ultrasound, ectopic prgnancy could be a possibility (my ex's first cousin had that, she used the pill, forgot one day, next month, no real period, pain, flu like symptoms that just got worse; barely got to hospital in time: was told the three listed above are possible causes of ovarian pregnancy (when the egg doesnt go down to the uterus but gets fertilized outside)

or iud bruising inside (happened to me

0 etc....

why wait??

Sounds like a bladder infection or maybe even just trapped wind! I would rule those out before panicking.

You can get over the counter products for both so give them a try and if still around get yourself to the Doc.

Hope it all works out - I have a bladder prob just now and it is a killer!! Been taking horrible powders all weekend and now having to go to Docs but pain is not always there !

sharp constant pain and feeling not good does not = flatulence usually and a visit to the gynie is usually worth it....

UTI dont always feel in abdomen or have fever but usually feel miserable anyway

any uterus/abdomonal sharp pains w/ feeling like cr-p = a visit to the doctor or gynie

if more than a day or if they bother u enough to write about them on the forum, or bother u when sleeping....or u have low grade fever etc etc etc....

:D It was a ruptured ovarian cyst. The pain got so severe I went to the hospital, had an ultrasound and diagnosis within about an hour. Kept in overnight and observed (never saw a nurse all night!) :D Then discharged the following day. :D Don't want that again.

I should have posted that I have had an ectopic. Not nice and very dangerous. :D

Thanks for all your replies. :o

glad u got there in time;my bells kept ringing....

next question:

if u skipped even a day using the pill, maybe u should think of different birth control;

if using iud, get new one

if trying to get pregnant and older, well, u know the risks (i know, checked, and NOT going for getting pregnant if i can help it , at my age) -- since ectopic pregnancy is one of the risks

fell better

bina

Glad you're OK. With your history (ectopic & now ovarian cyst), suggest you make sure to have a regular OB-Gyn, annual check-ups and if any abdominal symptoms in future, go straight to the doc.

:o Thanks for all the replies :D . I do go for regular smears :D . Had a dodgy one about 3 years ago and colposcopy etc. so look after my bits. No more children for me thanks. Mr L had a vasectomy afer the birth of our second :D . I am menopausal so menstruation is irregular.