American’s fatal fall from 21st floor Condo on Jomtien Beach

webfact

American’s fatal fall from 21st floor Condo on Jomtien Beach

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday Night, Police and medics were called to a Condominium on Jomtien Beach following reports of a foreign man who had fallen from a high-floor.

Arriving at the Lumpini Park Jomtien Beach Condominium, Officers approached the body of Russian-Born American National, Mr. Semyon Roitman aged 66 who was known to reside on the 21st Floor in room number 2119.

It was clear that he had fallen from a high floor, presumably from the balcony of his apartment and according to a maid working at the complex, Mr. Roitman was suffering from an advanced form of Alzheimer’s Disease.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/130907/americans-fatal-fall-from-21st-floor-condo-on-jomtien-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-09

I am almost speechless...at the attitude the Thai police takes with all of the foreigners so called "suicides"...if it was a disease...Thailand would be quarantined...until someone could discover the cause of these tragedies...

Men from the West are more likely to do themselves in with a gun ( not available to farangs) rather than drugs or other means. This seems a solution that many seek here when they are at the end of their rope. I have observed that most balcony railings in Thailand seem to fit Thai people better than Europeans and other larger farangs, so some may well be accidental. On the other hand some may have gotten an assist by another person, but many are desperation driven IMHO.

Isn't that 3 farangs that have fallen off balconies this week? I am not suggesting there is anything dodgy about this particular deathl, but you have to wonder about the sheer number of people that so easily fall off Thai balconies.

I try not to speculate, but rather hope the man found peace in whatever form that may take.

Men from the West are more likely to do themselves in with a gun ( not available to farangs) rather than drugs or other means. This seems a solution that many seek here when they are at the end of their rope. I have observed that most balcony railings in Thailand seem to fit Thai people better than Europeans and other larger farangs, so some may well be accidental. On the other hand some may have gotten an assist by another person, but many are desperation driven IMHO.

poisoning is the main method used in Australia and suicide is the biggest killer of men aged under 44. This is followed by men aged between around 72 to 84 age bracket.

Where I come from many suicidal people just wait for the high-speed train , and it's messy .

It's horrible to clean up the violent suicides where body parts are shattered around or just mangelt .

In Thailand Nembutal is sold over the counter , it doesn't stess or strain the cleaners very much .

Another sad death.

Balconies, bridges, cliffs, firearms, hanging, overdose, etc. The method achieves the same end for those that seek relief from their demons.

The unkind and flippant comments re equally sad.

• Like 1

Men from the West are more likely to do themselves in with a gun

( not available to farangs) rather than drugs or other means.

You have to define "West" then. I suppose it's true in America where "everyone has a gun" but not in Europe. In France by example, way of suicide for men are: hanging (46%), fire arm (25%), drug (12%), drowning (5%), high jump (4%), ... and the jump under a train is the new trend.

• Like 1

Sad enough to die alone in Thailand. Rip

Sort of a fairy tale assumption on how wonderful it would be to die in the midst of a crowd in Farang Eden.

As I commented before,being surrounded by indifferent care-givers & strangers and visited twice a year by family for ten minutes if they can spare the time doesn't sound all that wonderful.

I think I'd rather die alone in Thailand than in one of the asylums/warehouses where the elderly are dumped in farang utopia. Too bad he died in this way, but he may have chosen this way out during one of his lucid moments. Still probably a better end than these inmates are likely to know.

nursing_homes2.jpg

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Isn't that 3 farangs that have fallen off balconies this week? I am not suggesting there is anything dodgy about this particular deathl, but you have to wonder about the sheer number of people that so easily fall off Thai balconies.

the sheer number is worse than you can figure out: only few cases are reported by the media

Another tragedy. However if I get Alzheimer's I will check out early.

How will you know you decided to check out?

...probably when he goes to the 7/11 to buy an ice-cream...but comes back licking a bottle of tomato sauce......(well..just my thoughts)

• Like 1

Ohhh, very sad. I cared for my father throughout his Alzheimers ordeal and

was constantly on the watch for the most simple stumbles as it is common to

forget that one foot preceeds the other. Very, very unfortunate, regardless any

other circumstances. RIP and condolences to the family and loved ones.