More trouble with queue online CNX

hugocnx

Sorry for the delay. It was early October 2013.

That is just what he said to me. Makes sense now with all the people having problems with the system if that is also where the intermediates for money go.

I renewed my extension at the end of September 2013. However that was for a work extension and believe she handles most of those. The middle front desk seemed to be for retirement and back desk for marriage. Just based on my browsing the room while waiting.

That is just what he said to me. Makes sense now with all the people having problems with the system if that is also where the intermediates for money go.

I renewed my extension at the end of September 2013. However that was for a work extension and believe she handles most of those. The middle front desk seemed to be for retirement and back desk for marriage. Just based on my browsing the room while waiting.

Desks 5 and 6 to the right are for visa/extensions of stay for retirement, education and some more.

Desks 3 and 4 have long time been for spouse, biss extensions.

A work permit goes thru Labor Dept.

As I said earlier there is only 10 appointments a day and they are not handled by the two regular officers on the right hand side, I think it is desk 5 and 6.

Is that more recent as the last 2 times I went for my annual extension based on work I used the queue and always got the lady in the front far right desk?

Is Thighlander correct in his post number 29?

If so it still wouldn't make much difference there would still only be 10 slots available.

Edit

I just realized that they would probably prefer the for money intermediates as all the paper work would be in order and they could process more people.

I think it was me on post 29.

In effect if you use the system I suggested you will have 10 x 30 chances of getting a slot, 300 of them!

digressing a bit i no,but went for my 90 days today,did not take longer than 5 minutes to complete,including parking the car imm very quite.

Very quiet today as I did my retirement extension at 10:30.

I was called on time after booking in at 10:15 when I arrived. Everything in order and back in the waiting room at 10:45. Waited another 20 - 30 mins for my passport and out before 11:30.

• Like 1

As I said earlier there is only 10 appointments a day and they are not handled by the two regular officers on the right hand side, I think it is desk 5 and 6.

Is that more recent as the last 2 times I went for my annual extension based on work I used the queue and always got the lady in the front far right desk?

Is Thighlander correct in his post number 29?

If so it still wouldn't make much difference there would still only be 10 slots available.

Edit

I just realized that they would probably prefer the for money intermediates as all the paper work would be in order and they could process more people.

I think it was me on post 29.

In effect if you use the system I suggested you will have 10 x 30 chances of getting a slot, 300 of them!

Sorry about that yes it was you. But I still don't see the advantage to it. Go on line and if it is true you still have as much competition for those slots. Of course you could get lucky which is basically what is happening to the ten that get them for that day.

The last time I was in the fellow not only told me that it was another desk than 5 and 6 but that they figured in handling 50 a day between the two of them. That of course is a give or take figure as I was number 60 and there was a fellow behind me. He said that he had a bunch of them that did not need added forms or pictures that day. Truth be known I think it is the people who are not fully prepared that hold up the line. Let me rephrase that make the line go slower.

Bang on !!!

I appreciate that this post will not make me any friends, but from what I have seen and overheard at Immigration and from what I read on TV Chiang Mai, it is the foreigners who need things explained more than once or twice, who do not do their homework, need extra copies, and all that sort of thing who hold things up on a day to day basis. If you have your act together, a retirement extension, for example, takes less than ten minutes. Otherwise, quite understandably, there are many expats who speak English as their second language, just as the Thai officers, and that quite understandably takes time to sort out. They don't hang out on this site.

Thailand has its requirements and procedures which take some learning just as the same for entry into any country. This isn't a "TIT thing." Such is bureaucracy worldwide! But two things are clear. First, Thailand is remarkably permissive in its requirements for entry, short or long-stay. Second, Chiang Mai Immigration is remarkably tolerant and helpful, especially considering how many foreigners game --- or try to game --- the system. Yes, there could be a bigger and more comfortable building. Yes, there could be more officers. Yes, there might be some simpler or more efficient ways to go about it, but people who wish to stay here short or long-stay cause the jam as well as sheer numbers. There has been a sizable invasion of new arrivals who seem to think that Chiang Mai is some sort of magic place to visit or to retire to that is here to serve them and cater to their pleasures.

Wait, do you mean to tell me that when I walk into the CM Imm office, that I am not the most important person there?? But I spends my hard-earned foreign moneys here, I rents a fancy studio apartment for 5k a month, I eat at all the best street food stalls and shop at high-end talats. Why no red carpet for me? What would these hapless Thai's do without me? The economy would collapse. Ministers, begging bowls in hand, would be going to the World Bank.

I'll show 'em! I'll move to Cambodia...or Switzerland. It's a toss up, I haven't decided. Meanwhile, can you tell me where's the cheapest place to get a haircut. I can cut my own hair, but I like to support the local economy.

T

• Like 1

"There has been a sizable invasion of new arrivals who seem to think that Chiang Mai is some sort of magic place to visit or to retire to that is here to serve them and cater to their pleasures."

Mapguy's polite description, such restraint is admirable.

• Like 1

Do I detect the presence of visa agents who are attempiting to deflect the focus away from them, and towards 'simple' farangs?biggrin.png

I am not a visa agent and never used one.

If I was compelled to wait more than about 30 minutes for an appointment, I would speak with the head of the office about it. Not pissed off, just a brief quiet polite chat, accept whatever he says with a smile and a thank you and leave knowing he got it.

Do I detect the presence of visa agents who are attempiting to deflect the focus away from them, and towards 'simple' farangs?biggrin.png

If I was compelled to wait more than about 30 minutes for an appointment, I would speak with the head of the office about it. Not pissed off, just a brief quiet polite chat, accept whatever he says with a smile and a thank you and leave knowing he got it.

Could be an hour wait to speak to him.

• Like 1

Could be a whole <deleted> lot of things, starting any second.

If you are looking for any logic in what they do... Not going to find it. They don't do logic.

If they are in fact herding the punters to these agents as some seem to allege, they are being extremely logical.

Even with increasing numbers and workloads, they are not allowed to increase the fes, not allowed to hire more people or expand the facility. The agents can reduce their workloads by vetting all the documents beforehand, rectify errors and omissions, bring them in in batches and allow quick processing. This helps everyone, including those not going through agents, even if it may not seem that way when you have to wait beyond your designated appointment time.

T

• Like 1

If you are looking for any logic in what they do... Not going to find it. They don't do logic.

If they are in fact herding the punters to these agents as some seem to allege, they are being extremely logical.

Even with increasing numbers and workloads, they are not allowed to increase the fes, not allowed to hire more people or expand the facility. The agents can reduce their workloads by vetting all the documents beforehand, rectify errors and omissions, bring them in in batches and allow quick processing. This helps everyone, including those not going through agents, even if it may not seem that way when you have to wait beyond your designated appointment time.

T

Logical?

Do you assume agents get everything gratis?

T

Logical?

Certainly not free anyway!

1507048.GIF

T

Logical?

Not assuming anything.

With the workload and the constraints they face, it seems to me they've made the best of a bad situation by allowing agents to take up some of the workload. The alternative is even greater mayhem. So, yes, logical.

T

Edited by Thakkar

I even remember now that I went in for my first spouse visa renewaL against retirement. Years ago.

I checked in with a normal/daily queue number and within the 30 days boundary. Guess what.

I was turned away as I came in to early, to busy right now to do spouse visa extension. Come back later. What the F.

So, combine this with my original post and what others said about it. It is just misuse of power or what the French would call it:

"abus de pouvoir" or fill in yourself. Detourmemant de pouvoir??
Aside my Orinal Post, I'd like to express that the more the Imm handles, the more they gain. It is at least 1900 Baht per extension. On a standard basis half an hour for 1900 Baht. I'd like to set uo a company for that gain.
If I was that company I'd hire some more officers to do the job and get the money flowing in.
If whatever off topic posts are coming in, maybe it's better to close this topic.

Could be a whole <deleted> lot of things, starting any second.

Hold your breath and let me know which one of us is the closest.

Had an 11am appointment today, saw the officer at 11:15, retirement extension and reentry permit completed at 12:05. Even got a parking space inside. Not a thing to complain about and no evidence of visa agents jamming up the system.

Had an 11am appointment today, saw the officer at 11:15, retirement extension and reentry permit completed at 12:05. Even got a parking space inside. Not a thing to complain about and no evidence of visa agents jamming up the system.

Oh, you are so good, what ever could happen to you.

Even on the13 th.laugh.png

Edited by hugocnx

Oh, you are so good, what ever could happen to you.

Even on the13 th.laugh.png

Friday better than a Monday ... at least for Dante!

System is obviously completely skewed having to wait 15 minutes past your appointment, scandalous.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

System is obviously completely skewed having to wait 15 minutes past your appointment, scandalous.

Yeah, he forgot to mention he was getting his extension in Nakorn Sawan province or maybe Nan province. Certainly it wasn't here in Chiang Mai.

Edited by NancyL

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah, he forgot to mention he was getting his extension in Nakorn Sawan province or maybe Nan province. Certainly it wasn't here in Chiang Mai.

What are you on about Nancy? Too much wine last night?

It was here in Chiang Mai.

• Like 2