Why Thais that can speak English not want talk with farang?

Sandman77

It happen all the time mostly in the restaurant I order something stuff speak good English , mostly I order to much 2 menû one soup , my wife chancel something with out inform me

Last week I order something

In china today the currier call from bk

Woman speak good English ,

Aswer someone here speak Thai , I ask why you cannot tell me what you want , not aswer my question

Again want speak someone understand Thai

My wife talk, and only we must confirm we order the parcel , and details about custom duty charge!

It's happen all the time ,

I not mean that Thais only can speak English when want sale something

When there is no profit people not talk to you, I mean that one that ignore you , also when can speak English well!

Any advice?

Thanks Mr.Heavy Drinker , for the first ONtopic Aswer, in my post!

You won a box of free beer cheers!

For the rest , the fact that you click and aswer , shows me clearly , that you understand what I want explain!

Otherwise you not would read my post right?

99 Procent understand my post !

That's enough for me!

Good post Sandman,i have found,when i am talking to my wife in either english or thai,if another thai come's along she just drop's me in mid conversation,and speaks to them,it is rude and infuriates me,we have had a few arguments about this,well mainly me yelling at her,about it,i really do not like it.

when i am talking to my wife in either english or thai,if another thai come's along she just drop's me in mid conversation,and speaks to them,it is rude and infuriates me,we have had a few arguments about this,well mainly me yelling at her,about it,i really do not like it.

She does that because she places Thais over and above you in terms of importance.

That's a clear lack of respect that, the longer you leave unresolved, will grow into a cancer that destroys your marriage.

• Like 1

Good post Sandman,i have found,when i am talking to my wife in either english or thai,if another thai come's along she just drop's me in mid conversation,and speaks to them,it is rude and infuriates me,we have had a few arguments about this,well mainly me yelling at her,about it,i really do not like it.

Totally understand that. I find it frustrating too if I am working at a school and talking to a (Thai) teacher and some little prathom kid comes up and butts in (OK they're just a kid so I forgive them that) and then the Thai teacher just gives all their attention to the kid and I'm standing there like a spare prick waiting for them to finish.

Something similar happens when I'm in the middle of teaching and some urchin walks in and proceeds to talk past the teacher/adult (me) to whoever, co-teacher or students, about whatever it is, and often it turns out to have been something not particularly important anyway (to me at least, or any logical human being).

Meanwhile, no matter what this distraction is, EVERY SINGLE student will then be paying 100% attention to the distraction, no matter how formal or mundane, whether it concerns them or not, and again I am hanging like a spare prick.

Sometimes you can do something about it and sometimes not.

One time when I was working in a language center, I was talking to a mother in my classroom after a class about her daughter. Her little boy walked into the room and proceeded to distract her so I turned to him (in front of his mother) and said "Excuse me, you are not in charge here, I am, and I am talking to your mother right now so please go wait outside until we're finished, OK?"

At the time the mother was actually asking me advice about controlling her daughter and regaining the power in their relationship - plus I know the family quite well and am trusted by them, plus I was also the boy's teacher in their home - so I could get away with ordering her son away whilst she was in the midst of being distracted by him.

-

As to the OP's topic: I think sometimes they are shy their English is not so good or sometimes they don't want to lose face by not understanding what's being said to them.

• Like 1

when i am talking to my wife in either english or thai,if another thai come's along she just drop's me in mid conversation,and speaks to them,it is rude and infuriates me,we have had a few arguments about this,well mainly me yelling at her,about it,i really do not like it.

She does that because she places Thais over and above you in terms of importance.

That's a clear lack of respect that, the longer you leave unresolved, will grow into a cancer that destroys your marriage.

nonsense

My wife frequently does that to me. Right in the middle of a conversation she will drop what we are saying, speak Thai with whoever other Thai person and I am left standing there like a spare one at a wedding.

The part I find most annoying is that my wife always continues our conversation again after she`s finished with the Thai, which means I have to talk with her again, and having been stuck with her for over 30 years means your comment that breaking our conversation will destroy the marriage is total rubbish, unfortunately.

My wife frequently does that to me. Right in the middle of a conversation she will drop what we are saying, speak Thai with whoever other Thai person and I am left standing there like a spare one at a wedding.

The part I find most annoying is that my wife always continues our conversation again after she`s finished with the Thai, which means I have to talk with her again, and having been stuck with her for over 30 years means your comment that breaking our conversation will destroy the marriage is total rubbish, unfortunately.

Lacking selfrespect ?

• Like 1

Experienced it many times...me talking thai ...thai person talking english....to each other. Whenever i found their english was good i quickly changed conversing into english.....if it wasnt i just blethered on in thai......quite funny....the longer i did that they never wavered...they kept speaking limited english...

About interrupting a conversation and start talking with somebody else...its just disrespectful no matter where one comes from.

Edited by benalibina
  • Like 1

Experienced it many times...me talking thai ...thai person talking english....to each other. Whenever i found their english was good i quickly changed conversing into english.....if it wasnt i just blethered on in thai......quite funny....the longer i did that they never wavered...they kept speaking limited english...

About interrupting a conversation and start talking with somebody else...its just disrespectful no matter where one comes from.

no its not

no its not

Now now...a 3 word response from you....it beats at least...lol...or...nonsense.....you will get there 1 day...

no its not

Now now...a 3 word response from you....it beats at least...lol...or...nonsense.....you will get there 1 day...

i was there before you left primary school pal. you MAY learn more in time