RS warns it might scrap live telecast if court rules in favour of NBTC

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares. I am a cricket fan. Bring on the Cricket Word Cup

Maybe you should refrain from commenting on this issue, and please move over to the Cricket Forum?

wink.png

tongue.png

I'm trying to bring a bit of culture to this rabble

Well, the Cricket tea time (or tea break) is kind of culture I guess.

coffee1.gifbiggrin.png

By the way, did you know Cricket is one of the extremely few sports it is impossible to learn by just watching it.

Back to football.

smile.png

Crikey I learned all there was to know about cricket when I was less than 10. Then again, we cricketers are considered a little smarter than the average

"A judge at the court suggested that national interest should come first. Therefore, all Thais should be able to watch all 64 live matches of the World Cup final."

I didn't realise Thailand qualified for the World Cup. Nearest countries involved are Korea and Iran.

So where is the 'national interest'???

They can always read about it in the papers.

This is the biggest and most popular sports event in the world, not some local sideshow like Muay Thai or Aussie Rules. smile.png

So ! There's so much round ball on Thai TV now that it's just another game. Not everyone was born with the round ball gene.

Better not to waste your time reading threads about it then.

• Like 1

"A judge at the court suggested that national interest should come first. Therefore, all Thais should be able to watch all 64 live matches of the World Cup final."

I didn't realise Thailand qualified for the World Cup. Nearest countries involved are Korea and Iran.

The same can be said every weekend when the English Premier League is shown Nation wide and every Thai I know/meet watching said games loves to watch Man Utd,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea Tottenham etc etc. Edited by stoneyboy

I believe it's in the Thais' national interest to support England.....thumbsup.gif

I believe it's in the Thais' national interest to support England.....thumbsup.gif
Correct,they love English Premier League football,Rooney,Gerrard and lots of other international stars.which they follow through during international competitions such as the WC. Edited by stoneyboy
  • Like 1

Who cares. I am a cricket fan. Bring on the Cricket Word Cup

Maybe you should refrain from commenting on this issue, and please move over to the Cricket Forum?

wink.png

tongue.png

I'm trying to bring a bit of culture to this rabble

Test cricket is the ULTIMATE sporting contest, for the true gentleman of culture.

However, football gives an opportunity to go ''tribal'' for 90 minutes..!!

COME OOOOON! vampire.gif

Is the world cup really such a big deal here ? Of the ~50-100 Thais I know, only one follows football.

That is an interesting stat.

I think 99% of all Thais I know, follow a team in EPL.

However, I also noticed that most Thais change their favorite teams as soon as other teams start to get more media coverage.

Why worry ?

There are plenty of proxy servers out there to enable a computer live link, connect computer to the T.V. and you've got your football match.whistling.gif

Please be advised I am not suggesting an criminal action, thus I accept no responsibility for any consequences that may arise from said football tournament.i.e. marital discontent or gambling debts, hangovers etc.cheesy.gif

Anyone who spends their time sitting on a sofa watching a bunch of grown men running around kicking a ball on TV...needs to get a life.

And you need to get out of your sofa, get a life, and do something creative, instead of criticizing what other people do or like.

Did you just criticise me?

Get a sense of humour man! w00t.gif