Life Expectancy of a Nissan March compared to...

Unless you have more money than sense why buy a new car, the price of cars here is extortinate I'd rather invest the money in bricks n mortar.

Exactly my thinking.

Cheap entry level new car - 500k.

25% the cost of a 2m baht condo. crazy.gif

Far too out of sync for me to put my money into all but the cheapest vehicle options.

Looking at used car prices the Protons and Kias seem to dissolve in terms of value. 180k baht for a 3 yr old one.

Best to stick with boring reliability. Japanese companies.

I get a shudder up my spine just thinking what a 2m baht condo would be like.... is it bigger than a shoe box ?

Unless you have more money than sense why buy a new car, the price of cars here is extortinate I'd rather invest the money in bricks n mortar.

Exactly my thinking.

Far too out of sync for me to put my money into all but the cheapest vehicle options.

Looking at used car prices the Protons and Kias seem to dissolve in terms of value. 180k baht for a 3 yr old one.

I get a shudder up my spine just thinking what a 2m baht condo would be like.... is it bigger than a shoe box ?

Depends on the size of ya shoes!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-195835-14025666758538_thumb.jpg

Nissan march mmmm my girlfriend has one after 10000 wheel bearings went also the air conditioner unit and after another 6000 the other side of wheel bearings went..crap cars another friend at my work also has a new Nissan bearings went and also her air on ...honda city 670000 km 5 years old no problems Honda kicks arse

• Like 1

My opinion and experience in the US and comparison here.

Nissan is a lot better car than Toyoya and Honda in the same class, and better priced. Nissan had lunch new fixtures in its cars before any Japanese competitor. The Nissan Silphy and Nissan Teana are the best priced cars in its class in Thailand. The best Japanese car is Subaru, but too expensive here because pay custom taxes.

My last Nissan experience in the US was with a XTerra, auto, V6. I bought new in 2003 and I sold it in 2010 with 250.000 Miles running like new only having normal maintenance.....My eyes open to find one here.

post-183983-0-45668600-1402569754_thumb.

• Like 1

Nissan march mmmm my girlfriend has one after 10000 wheel bearings went also the air conditioner unit and after another 6000 the other side of wheel bearings went..crap cars another friend at my work also has a new Nissan bearings went and also her air on ...honda city 670000 km 5 years old no problems Honda kicks arse

Well it was a crap garage that repaired the bearing .. should change as a pair.

• Like 1

Exactly my thinking.

Not bigger than your shoeboxes, no. That's because you're so rich and utterly fantastic that your shoeboxes are supreme gold lined pieces of art, filled with Gucci loafers. smile.png

Edited by 332
  • Like 1

My wife has a 3 year old Nissan march that has done 180000 kms with no problems

Over 1,100km p/w for 3 years. Impressive.

What does that mean? I have scheduled school runs of 100Km a day, plus shopping trips and holidays, I easily do 3000Km a month, not difficult to do more.

• Like 1

My wife has a 3 year old Nissan march that has done 180000 kms with no problems

Over 1,100km p/w for 3 years. Impressive.

What does that mean? I have scheduled school runs of 100Km a day, plus shopping trips and holidays, I easily do 3000Km a month, not difficult to do more.

It means that it's an impressive number of KM to do every day. :)

• Like 1

Agree, but wouldn't bank on more than 10yrs without incurring cost for repair bills - would you not plan to renew, surely you cannot reasonably expect these things to run forever? they all seem to have built-in obsolescence these days.

Suzuki Swifts and Nissan Marches are very popular out here in western Tokyo. Since my Nissan March is a 2003 model, it is now about 12 years old (the 2003 models were sold in the winter of '02) and I think it's a stylish little car that I intend to drive for ten more years, if it will hold up that long. I bought it in 2008 for $1,700 US. Inspections and road tax cost, on average, about $1,000 per year. Maintenance has cost me only about $400 - $500 per year so altogether it costs me about $2,000 a year to operate. Pretty cheap transportation, I think!

• Like 1

Exactly my thinking.

Not bigger than your shoeboxes, no. That's because you're so rich and utterly fantastic that your shoeboxes are supreme gold lined pieces of art, filled with Gucci loafers. smile.png

Would you like a tissue to wipe the tear from your eye ?

It doesn't matter if you use your car once a week and do 20km or do 500km a day every day. There are some things that come into play:

Your insurance company doesn't want to give you 1st class insurance after 7 years.

The manufacturer will not be guaranteeing the availability of genuine parts after 7 years.

After 7 years and a few facelifts the dealership has an all new car....their not really interested in your old banger!

Metal, rubber, plastic fatigue can be an issue after 5 or 6 years and definitely after 10 or 12 years.

In 10 or 12 years technology will advance a great deal making your old banger a dinosaur!

Then there's you. What you think now maybe different in 5 or 10 years time.

Basically, you buy a new car and it's down hill form there.....and not just Micra's (March).

Edited by BSJ
  • Like 1

Let me see. New Nissan March, 400,000 baht, after 10 years sell it for 80,000 baht. Total cost 320,000 baht or 32,000 baht per year, plus, insurance, service, tyres etc etc. REALLY CHEAP MOTORING and you won't get wet when it rains.

I thrashed a Nissan March around bangers for a couple of years, it never even farted, not once.......sipped the fuel and parked with ease. Aircon was icy cold and you'd be amazed what you can fit in them when u drop the rear seats. Seriously, it's a cheap shopping cart and keeps the wife out of the good car, how can you go wrong?

• Like 1

I'd go for a Suzuki Swift over a March. It is a little bit more expensive, but I find the Swift more spacious inside (still awful luggage space, but hey ho) and a much smoother drive.

We got a swift too mainly for its appearance and apparent higher build quality. These really is not much evident cost cutting with the swift.

It goes pretty well and can cruise at 120-130km/h all day if need be. Having said that, it isn't as comfortable for long trips like my honda. But the handling, steering and brakes feel better than the honda.

-Nice to near a nissan march can go 180K kms without major issues though. Not too sure how the cvt will cope with many kms on it. My honda just clicked over 220K kms and have had to replace a few things, mainly rubber suspension components, just replaced wheel bearings; the major component being the air cond compressor.

All cars will have some issues wen beyond 5 years old.

The Swift is the best car in this class. Bit more expensive though.

Top model swift is cheaper than a top model new yaris.

rather have a Juke.

But it is not the same class, engine size or price...

Top model... Swift is 559,000 baht v Juke is 858.000 baht....

• Like 1

rather have a Juke.

Maybe "juke " is slang for wank!

rather have a Juke.

Maybe "juke " is slang for wank!

If the shoe fits

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app