Is it some thing in the water?

ppmacready

How many of your friends and acquaintances have lost their minds living in Thailand?

Never mind losing the house or car.
In theory at least they can be replaced.
In 18 years I've had 4 friends have serious break downs.
None drank or took drugs.
They are all well educated professional men over 50.
3 very wealthy.
2 have had treatment, but have not fully recovered, and remain 'fragile'.
2 did not have treatment and appear unaware how much they have changed.
None of my friends in UK have lost their minds.
I've met many guys who arrived happy, but now 'hate all women'.
There seems to be a fair bit of bitterness posted here on TV.
If these guys had remained in the west, would they have turned so obnoxious and bitter?
Is it some thing in the water or some thing else?

Never mind losing the house or car.

In theory at least they can be replaced.
In 18 years I've had 4 friends have serious break downs.
None drank or took drugs.
They are all well educated professional men over 50.
3 very wealthy.
2 have had treatment, but have not fully recovered, and remain 'fragile'.
2 did not have treatment and appear unaware how much they have changed.
None of my friends in UK have lost their minds.
I've met many guys who arrived happy, but now 'hate all women'.
There seems to be a fair bit of bitterness posted here on TV.
If these guys had remained in the west, would they have turned so obnoxious and bitter?
Is it some thing in the water or some thing else?

More fantasist bilge. Don't worry about other people's mental health, get your own looked into,

Now orf you verily quack missie...

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 2

Man, yep, it's in the water. I know this. Trust me. Don't buy your water from anyone you don't know. Shhh, but keep it a secret - the city's water supplies flow through the Saen Saeb canal - and the army has slipped chemicals into it. Xanax, mogadon, l-tryptophane, methylated spirits. Man. You gotta go to Somdej Chaophraya psych hospital and see the messed up dudes in there, man. Hidden in this clip is a secret message, and only you can decipher it. Don't tell anyone dude.

OP reading the rubbish you write on TV one can well imagine what your like in real life, so could imagine any friend or acquaintance of yours wanting to take the razor to the wrists or partake in a spot of balcony diving just to get away from you

How is your coyote katoy lover BTW, you know the sweaty one ?

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

I think a guy could go crazy more easily here because he'd have difficulty believing how he could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Let's be honest, what kind of a tool do you have to be to end up LOSING in Thailand?

How can a guy with a Western education, Western money (and all the advantages that gets you here) lose in a country with a low cost of living, tolerant locals, good weather, lovely beaches and lots of available, attractive women who, despite the horror stories, are still quite lovely?

I think a guy could go crazy more easily here because he'd have difficulty believing how he could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Let's be honest, what kind of a tool do you have to be to end up LOSING in Thailand?

How can a guy with a Western education, Western money (and all the advantages that gets you here) lose in a country with a low cost of living, tolerant locals, good weather, lovely beaches and lots of available, attractive women who, despite the horror stories, are still quite lovely?

Very easy as a lot are thinking with the head that's in their trousers not the one on their shoulders

And then there are people who have never lived outside their own countries for any amount of time, and come retirement they throw their lot into Thailand and get themselves screwed over, generally down to naivety

Then you have the lot who are just plain dumb

<They are all well educated professional men over 50.

3 very wealthy.>

That explains it then.

They probably arrived expecting respect like they would get where they came from, and got ripped off like every other farang in LOS. Couldn't handle the abuse.

I saw it in a retired army officer that was hired to run a base staffed by civilians. None of them "obeyed" him like soldiers would and it nearly destroyed him over 5 months.

<I've met many guys who arrived happy, but now 'hate all women'.>

Self inflicted. Probably thought they were "god's gift" to women and were brought down to earth by Thai women.

Edited by thaibeachlovers