webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NCPO's economic board approves 3 trillion baht infrastructure projects

Note the headline to the O.P.

It is an approval of the plans, not an implementation of the plans..

The budget has not been allocated nor I presume budgeted for as yet.Unlike before when there was a mad rush to fund these assorted schemes without accountability and the correct and proper ethical consultation process

• Like 1

Then the Democrats should use this fact that PTP isn't tabling the bills openly enough in parliament and go into the rural heartlands and campaign showing with clear evidence from parliament. There is no way on earth a 1 party military dictatorship operating without a constitution is better than bills being passed in parliament, this has absolutely 0 transparency. I am really lost for words with some people on this forum.

m8, if you forgot. they couldnt even if they wanted to. onced they entered the red territory, what do you think happened?

that was one of the reason why they wanted the reform in the first place. PTP basicly powerplayed them with gang of redshirt that go around and intimidate who ever that entered their area.

Yes fine agree with you on that point, my main point is at least a parliament consisting of opposing parties would at least provide a modicum of transparency.

Of course the Yingluck 3 trillion infracture project was pure wastefulness, well that was the claim the other day, wasn't it?

Now the army approves the same project more or less, so the rightful government's projects get approved after all and quicker than as expected as well.

Soon the army will be asking for guidance from the Shinawatra clan as how to run the country prosperously, after all the country did well economically under Thaksin even if some of you hate to admit it.

The army are doing fine and unlike the Shin government they plan to spend the money wisely and for the benefit of Thailand.

And most countries did well economically during the boom years of the first half of the 2000's. It was after the 2007 crisis when Thailand surprisingly outperformed it's rivals but that was under the Democrats.

• Like 1

Of course the Yingluck 3 trillion infracture project was pure wastefulness, well that was the claim the other day, wasn't it?

Now the army approves the same project more or less, so the rightful government's projects get approved after all and quicker than as expected as well.

Soon the army will be asking for guidance from the Shinawatra clan as how to run the country prosperously, after all the country did well economically under Thaksin even if some of you hate to admit it.

Oh really. There was the new car scheme which caused car sales to skyrocket, but now it's over, the sales were made from the future, and now cars sales are off by 40% this year.

Who's going to finally admit the losses for the rice scheme. You know, the elephant in the living room? What are they going to do with 20 million tons of rotting rice some of which appears to be missing, when they paid 15,000 baht per ton and it's worth about 1/3 of the if it's fresh and ready?

The government owes at least 1 trillion baht for it. I guess maybe it improved someone's economy but I'd sure like to know who's.

Some people made a lot of money. The peasants got a little. Real Estate, oil, rice, rubber, tablets...

Prices on almost everything are going up. I don't see Somjai with her two kids in Isaan driving a new Merc. No, I don't mean the Somjai with the farang husband and the new Merc, I mean the other Somjai - the single hairdresser.

• Like 1

Hawk..... can you NOT read ... this 3 trillion bahts will come from the National Budget between years 2015 - 2022. It will not come in the way of a loan.. It will also be transparant for people to look and see where the cash went.. Again NOT the same as Shinewatras monetary dispersal.

Seems that the one born every second is now posting on TV. Now be a good little boy and fly away...!whistling.gif

Where exactly does it say that this isn't loan and is out of the national budget? All it says in the article is that it will be implemented between 2015-2022, there is absolutely no reference to the sources of funding anywhere in the article.

Regardless of the misleading headline it should be noted that that this is an agreement "IN PRINCIPAL"

Meaning : OK we agree this work needs to be done and accept the preliminary estimate of cost over the 7 year timeframe.

Now go away and work out details of each project with timeframes and exactly what has to be done to achieve the best results.

Once that is complete report back and state priorities and what should be included in the coming budget and the budgets of subsequent years in order that the work can be done seamlessly and to a high standard.

When we have these reports then we can check the details and after proper scrutiny the work for the coming budget year can be approved.

I would hope, with a warning to all concerned that there must be transparence and that any corruption will be treated very seriously.

• Like 2

The army are doing fine and unlike the Shin government they plan to spend the money wisely and for the benefit of Thailand.

And most countries did well economically during the boom years of the first half of the 2000's. It was after the 2007 crisis when Thailand surprisingly outperformed it's rivals but that was under the Democrats.

Soon there well be huge new orders for tanks, blimps and other such rubbish. How will that benefit the nation?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now waiting for more information on how those 3 trillion Baht will be budgetted. I would assume a larger part of it spread over the 2015 - 2022 yearly National Budgets.

I am now waiting to see who will lend this type of loose change to a junta.

Hawk..... can you NOT read ... this 3 trillion bahts will come from the National Budget between years 2015 - 2022. It will not come in the way of a loan.. It will also be transparant for people to look and see where the cash went.. Again NOT the same as Shinewatras monetary dispersal.

Seems that the one born every second is now posting on TV. Now be a good little boy and fly away...!whistling.gif

Transparent? You must be a complete loon, even the water is murky in Thailand! Fly away? Cheeky rat!

• Like 2

High speed trains would have lifted Thailand into the modern age of infrastructure. That the army dont understand the technology is no surprise, you can afterall not move tanks on them and they are easily stopped when someone attack you.

High speed trains is what a young leader getting inspiration from Europe would bring to Thailand in 2014.

Yingluck administration using 2 trillion and putting country in debt for next 50 years = BAD.

NCPO approving 3 trillion = Good.

I'm confused. facepalm.gif

The army has no imagination, so they are trying to make things right by simply copying other peoples ideas. Disaster of course is looming on the horizon as it always does with these wasteful coups. Dictatorship or free elections, Thailand is in a perpetual loop to continuously repeat the same mistakes forever.

Did the PTP have imagination ??? they are surely NOT copying PTP, disaster loomed on the horizon over the last 3 years for sure.

The biggest mess has just been halted--but your doom and gloom over the clean up tell me you are still in denial of corrupt government----accept the better future, we were not getting that from Yingluck.

The PTP did have imagination actually. And you really believe that a military government will give Thailand a better future? Where else in the world has the military successfully given its people a better future? That's right, nowhere! Edited by Hawk

That sounds good and all but what is the point with adding new low quality asphalt on rural roads (which I`m pretty sure is what they`re talking about), and most of the non-rural roads as well, when it just takes a few weeks before it`s broken again. Save the money instead and invest in making the ground under the asphalt solid and add higher quality asphalt on top of that. On the long run this will save loads of money from not having to repair the roads all the time, but it will also save lives and bettering the traffic flow, which will be good for business.

Yingluck administration using 2 trillion and putting country in debt for next 50 years = BAD.

NCPO approving 3 trillion = Good.

I'm confused. facepalm.gif

The army has no imagination, so they are trying to make things right by simply copying other peoples ideas. Disaster of course is looming on the horizon as it always does with these wasteful coups. Dictatorship or free elections, Thailand is in a perpetual loop to continuously repeat the same mistakes forever.

Did the PTP have imagination ??? they are surely NOT copying PTP, disaster loomed on the horizon over the last 3 years for sure.

The biggest mess has just been halted--but your doom and gloom over the clean up tell me you are still in denial of corrupt government----accept the better future, we were not getting that from Yingluck.

The PTP did have imagination actually. And you really believe that a military government will give Thailand a better future? Where else in the world has the military successfully given its people a better future? That's right, nowhere!

They didn't actually need imagination, remember "Thaksin thinks PT acts"

• Like 1

Soon there well be huge new orders for tanks, blimps and other such rubbish. How will that benefit the nation?

Don't forget more worthless "bomb detectors". I've got a new model myself. Sale priced: 500,000 Baht each. w00t.gif

How long have the Junta been in power? And they have seemingly already had enough time to cut the proposed 2 trillion scheme by 800 billion to bring it to 1.2 trillion, but then amazingly have found a way of studying and proposing an additional 1.8 trillion in water and aviation infrastructure! Truly amazing, no doubt the due diligence has been wonderful.

Does the 3 trillion include the 40% 'cut' that was taken by the PTP or has that been excluded as well?

• Like 1

the difference is the 30 percent that will not be disappearing into the ptp and their cronies pockets, thaksin would have made a motza from the ptp's plans, these plans also include a lot of required infrastructure & repair work that is sorely needed. The fact that this woill all be above board and not through a secretive ptp account book will also mean we will see value for money and not crap that falls apart within a couple of years due to sub standard materials because of all the graft. Seems the only ones bitching are the ptp lackies that wanted a share of the pie.

So the Junta needs a trillion more baht than Yingluck needed to purchase less obviously her government were better at dealing with government financial matters than some army chap with a dodgy calculator.

For one I'm glad they put the high speed rail on hold and is instead dual tracking and electrifying the existing meter gauge system. Looking at the success of Malaysia's Electric Train Service, this is all that's needed for now.

Malaysia's modern electric train link from KL Airport to the City is standard gauge.

So the Junta needs a trillion more baht than Yingluck needed to purchase less obviously her government were better at dealing with government financial matters than some army chap with a dodgy calculator.

Now you know what the C.O.U.P. stands for: "Capable Of Upping the Price".

• Like 1

For one I'm glad they put the high speed rail on hold and is instead dual tracking and electrifying the existing meter gauge system. Looking at the success of Malaysia's Electric Train Service, this is all that's needed for now.

Malaysia's modern electric train link from KL Airport to the City is standard gauge.

That line from KL sentral to the airport is a High speed rail system and is to be extended to Singapore, Malaysia has just finished electrifying and dual tracking its meter gauge system from Gemas in Johor up and until Padang Besar at the Thai border.

Edited by anantha92

How long have the Junta been in power? And they have seemingly already had enough time to cut the proposed 2 trillion scheme by 800 billion to bring it to 1.2 trillion, but then amazingly have found a way of studying and proposing an additional 1.8 trillion in water and aviation infrastructure! Truly amazing, no doubt the due diligence has been wonderful.

Does the 3 trillion include the 40% 'cut' that was taken by the PTP or has that been excluded as well?

The PTP cut was 30%, I was told that the new cut would be 40% when the PDRC and its backers were trying to get rid of PTP.

aaah but the difference sonny is that yingys 2trillion baht loan didnt have to say where the money was spent..no checks and balances..but i guess you forgot that little chestnut ehthumbsup.gif

So you're saying a military dictatorship is better at spending money than an elected government where opposition members of parliament have a chance to look at and debate the bills out in the open? Oh dear me some of the readers on this forum have really lost it....

I'm from America,as we know it is far from perfect. But yes this current form of governing is far more efficient and effective than that of the US or the previous Thai govt. By far. Done

• Like 1

Wake up and move on man, please!!!!! wai2.gif

• Like 1