What do you know about Thailand?

Somsrisonphimai

@OP, How far would you like to go back? Some awesome history if you happen to read up on it.

I learn more about Thailand every day. But it is no different than anywhere quite honestly.

Since you are starting new threads, maybe you should start one entitled: Important things to know about Thailand. smile.png

Edited by JAFO
  • Like 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's one I bet most of you did not know,, in 1943 (I think) the Thai Amabassador to USA was given a declaration of war to hand to USA Ambassador. Luckily he did not deliver it. He since became PM when he returned to Thailand. Now he was a real hero!!!!!

And here's one I bet most of you did not know,, in 1943 (I think) the Thai Amabassador to USA was given a declaration of war to hand to USA Ambassador. Luckily he did not deliver it. He since became PM when he returned to Thailand. Now he was a real hero!!!!!

why would you think most of us didnt know that?

It's a myth though one widely believed and one that was propagated by Seni himself.The US archives contain a copy of the declaration of war that he handed over.It is true however that Seni was a prominent supporter of the Serei Thai and a leading opponent of the Japanese occupation.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I don't understand this thread, What do I really know about Thailand?What does the OP mean by "What do I really know about Thailand"

Does this imply that what we know is not really true?

I know some things about Thailand, and many others I don't,

same as every one else.

I am learning more every day. and one day I will die and stop learning,

same as everyone else.

Oh wait, I know that dogs in Thailand don't bark Woof Woof, but they bark Khoon Khoon , tongue.png

• Like 1

I know that if you're driving and the urge for an Eartha Kitt overcomes you the PTT disabled bogs are the ones to head for. Bum guns and relative comfort compared to the usual petrol station hell holes.

• Like 1

I know that if you're driving and the urge for an Eartha Kitt overcomes you the PTT disabled bogs are the ones to head for. Bum guns and relative comfort compared to the usual petrol station hell holes.

I don't understand this thread, What do I really know about Thailand?What does the OP mean by "What do I really know about Thailand"

Does this imply that what we know is not really true?

I know some things about Thailand, and many others I don't,

same as every one else.

I am learning more every day. and one day I will die and stop learning,

same as everyone else.

Oh wait, I know that dogs in Thailand don't bark Woof Woof, but they bark Khoon Khoon , tongue.png

It is very simple question but it is difficult to answer and you don't know how to answer it :).

Why do you all make it so complicated and mysterious about Thailand?

Just answer truthfully:

A country that allows me to have a better life, because my money can go a loooooong way further than in my own country.

Enough for me to know about Thailand.

Simples.

How?? With its laws or regulations for foreigners? Double-pricing or the hoards of crooks? Or the life which has no value in here?

Or you just don't like places where laws are enforced?

I understand that lawlessness is freedom for most of the foreigners here. But is it what people really need?

I know not to buy a truck and put it in my girlfriends name

Yeah, I don't get why you guys do that. In your country do you buy your girlfriend a car, house and everything else?

Probably. That's why many expats are here, they lost everything back home and want a fresh start.

whistling.gif

• Like 2

I know not to buy a truck and put it in my girlfriends name

Yeah, I don't get why you guys do that. In your country do you buy your girlfriend a car, house and everything else?

I understand you are a thai woman, but I understand too that you don't know thai women ( maybe you have plenty of money )

I know everything. Ask me.

Why the elderly Thai ladies chew betel nut?

It is a drug. Have you tried it? My mate was into them for a while.

What?

Betel nuts, or elderly Thai women?

What?

Isn't that a Brian Ferry song?

What?

Isn't that a Brian Ferry song?

It may well be mate, not sure.