Overstay Experience & Non B Visa Successful

Let me tell and share to you my exhausted, stressful and successful experience getting a new NON B VISA at PANANG MALAYSIA.

First is my case was I’m overstay for 200 days. I wouldn’t tell you the whole stories why I am overstay! I have a personal reason and so don’t judge?! Well so I just decided to surrender myself to the immigration officer at Sadao Borders heading to Penang Malaysia. Before I surrendered myself of course I have a cash on hand 20,000thb to pay my overstay that’s the maximum when you overstay for more than 40 days!

Before I arrived to sadao borders heading to penang. I was waiting the mini van KBV VISA RUN comp. to pick me up at the bus terminal around 11:00pm. I was standing there and while waiting around 10:45pm police car came and they are like 9 police men interviewing all those thai/farang people waiting for the bus. I was like oh! NO!! shit!! I’M dead! My heart is pumping so fast and my hands are sweating! Police ask me where I go and I answered huahin khrup! And follow up questions is there any someone will pick you up here? I said YES! With my hands and lips shaking!

After those questions before they will ask my passport to show kbv visa run is on time 11:00pm. Police said is that the car will pick you up here? I said YES! And they just let me GO! And get in the car! I was relieved all the tension when I got inside the car! What the hell!

We arrived at the sadao borders around 06:00am and It was queuing on the line for overstay! It’s my turn to talk with immigration officer and he found out that im overstay for 200 days and he said pay 20,000thb and I gave the price! So he said please don’t do it again! And I answered krup! His nice!

And when I entered malaysia borders they called me at the office to ask me something I think for my overstay at the kingdom! And I was right! They ask me what I am going to do in Malaysia! I said to obtain a NON B VISA at thai consulate office! And they ask me for all the documents to my company they just wanted to see I think! And to make sure! That im telling the truth! So I showed to them, and they stamp my passport for only 5 days!! Not a normal visa for 30 days! So if you have a overstay stamp on your passport you must be aware! And warn if they will give you a visa or not!

When I arrived at my hotel we have a good breakfast and kbv comp. was checking all the documents if it’s complete or not! And my documents are luckily completed! And an hour they send my passport to the consulate! I thought everything was OK and smooth! Because I am with kbv! But an hour passed agent came and said I have to go personal at the thai consulate! And I was like what? The <deleted>! This is a big problem again! And agent said its ok ill go with you nah! And he drove me going to the consulate office! And consulate officer ask me why I overstayed at the kingdom! So I explain everything and they believed me and I was telling them the truth I swear! and the agent talk to the consulate too they speak thai and I am not sure what are they talking about! In the end the officer said I will give you a visa but don’t do it again! I don’t want to see you here again with the same case! SO I think they HATE overstay but they are nice and relax to talk with! So they gave me a NON B visa and I am so happy! I gave a tip to the agent also and say khap khun khap! For your help! And he said maipenrai krub! Thailand is a nice place to stay and the people just be polite to them!

So everything was OK and fine! We have a couple of beer at the night with the agents and drivers of the company! And talk before go to bed! So in the morning around 7:30am we have a very good breakfast and coffee while waiting for the passport. Around 12:00nn we drove back to the kingdom! Everything was going to smooth in Malaysia when we exit but when we arrived at the sadao borders around 15:00PM. Officer who’s in charge to stamp our passport was insane! Everyone of us dint stamp our passport for arrival. Even we got the visa fresh from our passport! One of the guy from USA had a fresh visa tourist visa and officer said show 20,000thb! Cash! And the guy said I don’t have cash on hand just a bank account with the money! Officer said it doesn’t count! If you don’t have a cash on hand to show stay away talk to your driver!! And next is a SWIDISH guy had new ED visa. Officer ask same thing to a USA guy! And he don’t have a cash on hand also! And officer said! Talk to your driver now!! And it’s my turn officer dint find me a cash on hand instead he ask me for a working permit! And gave it to him! And he reply its expired already! And I answered YES! It’s expired already I know that’s why I have a fresh non b visa to obtain a working permit when im at the kingdom! And he said NO!! I don’t stamp my passport talk to your driver!! Same thing with the group and other nationalities always talk!. This officer always telling us in the end of the sentences that “TALK TO YOUR DRIVER” so we talked to the driver and ask why he don’t like to stamp our passport?! We got the visa!! And the driver said “Put at least 500thb to your passport and come back to the officer! He will stamp your passport for sure!!! And we did!

The driver was right! Officer stamp our passport and said “WELCOME TO THAILAND CONGRATULATIONS SIR! What a <deleted> system! But its OK! We got the arrival stamp for 500thb! But special mentioned to KOREANS and RUSSIANS officer demands for at least 1,200thb must prepare!!!!

So this is my experienced for getting non b visa at penang its not easy like before!! Even you are not overstay!! I recommend go with KBV VISA RUN in phuket they will help you a lot!! And they have all the powerful connections.

zian

NOTE: If your documents is not complete applying for any kind of visa's you must prepare for a payments under the table!!! money is the most powerful thing here! not a documents!!!

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.
  • Like 2

A friend of mine was in the same position as you, long over stay and needed a new non b so she could go and get a work permit so she can teach...she booked a flight from bkk to Malaysia ...paid her 20000 bht fine...no problem no questions asked just got a receipt for the payment...fly to Malaysia handed in paperwork next day picked up her non b visa and straight back to Thailand same afternoon...she said it went as smooth as silk......

Thanks for that report, I'll briefly sum it up:

- On an overstay be wary of waiting at public bus stops as there might be police controlling your passport, might land you in detention

- Consulates don't like overstays when issueing new visa, but at least for once (per passport) you can get away with it, you might have to show up in the consulate personally instead of letting some travel agent of sorts handle your papers, and be grilled about it

- It might be common practice at border checkpoints now to require you to have 20k Baht on your person. It has been suggested in another thread this could be done in the form of traveller checks. Sitll waiting for reports on that

- If not able to present 20k Baht you might get "an offer you can't refuse" to pay tea money in the amount of 500 Baht, presented via the driver of the border run agency

My guess is the visa company you praise so highly is well in on the scam. The driver must be. Perhaps people should take this as a warning.

Regarding t/cs I can confirm that at least in Sadao they do accept traveler cheques as proof of funds; on my last entry I had 1,000 MYR cash which was not enough so I showed the ten Thomas Cook 100 GBP TCs I have carried since leaving the UK in 2004. The 2 officers were immediately satisfied, and processed me.

I was asked if I am with a van - now after reading this thread it makes me think I was being sized up for the same scam...

• Like 2

I got my non B last week from Penang. My overstay was 1yr 29days. I went through the Survanabhumi airport. Paid the 20,000.- for overstay with no problems. Got to Penang, got the visa, came back. Absolutely no hassles.

I'm very glad you were ok. What I'd like to advise you to be careful about, is entering at another time. I know you paid the fine, and I also have experienced some officials to be very gentle.

Recently, entering Thailand last month after being away for a good while, an officer (at the airport) made a VERY big deal about an overstay (shorter than yours) which happened several years ago. To say she was angry would be an understatement. And I'll add, many people before last month had not ever mentioned it. For whatever reason, this particular officer looked for something like that, and was very hard. So, even thought the conventional wisdom here is that it's no problem, sometimes now (or possibly in the future) it can come back to haunt you by surprise.

Yes, this is big help from you guys who actually experienced things first hand.

This days there is a lot of confusion and disinformation from local authorities that only this way we can have chance to choose what to do .

Even for me who does not need this kind of passing the border this information can help others i know here.

Lucky that Thailand is still very liberal about accepting overstays back again immediately. Not the case with UK, US Schengen countries etc.

Thailand is all about money matters!!! and i prove it to myself! and maybe it's not just thailand but most iof the SE asian countries! But i do love to live here!

I would say the OP was very lucky to get a non-B visa issued with an expired workpermit in stead of renewal or application in progress.

Can't renew a work permit if overstay! smile.png

Non-B visa and work permit are two very different things!

The latter is to be applied for inside Thailand based on the Non-B and not the worry of the consulate or embassy. The outlook of an employment may be the base for successfully applying for the Non-B in the first place, which our OP stated he had.

While you obviously wouldn't get a WP on overstay (the very application would raise some eyebrows, be unsuccessful, and be very unwise), an expired work permit does not cancel an existing visa. Lots of teachers in Thailand get fired or drop out and look for a new employer on their still valid visa inside the country.

I thought if your visa was based on a WP , it would need to be cancelled if stopped the job- within 7 days . Or does this just pertain to extensions of the visa?

So I am driving myself next week through Sadao to Penang for a B based on WP , Will I be expected to pay 500 baht and or show 20,000 baht?

( Need a hidden camera )

I thought if your visa was based on a WP , it would need to be cancelled if stopped the job- within 7 days . Or does this just pertain to extensions of the visa?

So I am driving myself next week through Sadao to Penang for a B based on WP , Will I be expected to pay 500 baht and or show 20,000 baht?

( Need a hidden camera )

Probably not.

( Need a hidden camera )

I am not the expert on this, but the visa would not be based on your WP, you'd rather have cause to apply for a Non-B based on ongoing legal employment or could (as far as I understand this) apply for the extension inside the country. Don't think you'd need a border-run for this.

From what our OP posted it's either 20000 Bath on your person or possibly problems at immigration, i.e. when actually crossing the border with your new visa. Does not necessarily apply everytime and with every officer.

As a matter of fact I fail to understand how the 20k Baht rule would apply for Non-B visa as you'd have a source of legal income inside the country.

I would say the OP was very lucky to get a non-B visa issued with an expired workpermit in stead of renewal or application in progress.

Can't renew a work permit if overstay! smile.png

Non-B visa and work permit are two very different things!

The latter is to be applied for inside Thailand based on the Non-B and not the worry of the consulate or embassy. The outlook of an employment may be the base for successfully applying for the Non-B in the first place, which our OP stated he had.

While you obviously wouldn't get a WP on overstay (the very application would raise some eyebrows, be unsuccessful, and be very unwise), an expired work permit does not cancel an existing visa. Lots of teachers in Thailand get fired or drop out and look for a new employer on their still valid visa inside the country.

Lately Penang seems to be very strict on for a non-B visa requiring WP application. So I am surprised the OP had no problems with an expired workpermit and therefor no WP application in progress applying for non-B.