Invitation to the Grand Opening of the Thaivisa Lounge Bar in Bangkok on July 4

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the capacity of your new place George?

In 6 hours you have about 500 people coming............I can imagine by tomorrow.

Will there be any space to move or are we going to feel like sardines?

Think about how many will leave after the 1st free drink. Let me guess ........ 60% ? So no I don't think you would feel like sardines, however I wish for George that I am totally wrong on this

:wai:

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Rather amazing that something like 80% of respondents so far - apparently eager to attend - have less than 50 Posts.

"Just saying" (I hate that phrase!).

I hope to make it, there are many TV Members I would like to meet and put a face to a name.

Patrick

I've only got about 100 posts but I've been a member since 2004. I only post when I have something to say!!Otherwisw I just read Thaivisa avidly!!!! Good Luck.I will drop in when I arrive home to Bangkok in August...Chok Dee Krap!!!

What time party begins? maybe I must come one day earlier

Please confirm you will be there.

Can't miss the opportunity to meet you for anything in this world.

You will be proud of me, my Sandmanese is definitely improving a lot.

• Like 1

In 6 hours you have about 500 people coming............I can imagine by tomorrow.

We always have several members doing fake sign ups, but our experience and software is pretty good to detect and exclude them from our final guest list. No worries at all as they will not attend anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We always have several members doing fake sign ups, but our experience and software is pretty good to detect and exclude them from our final guest list. No worries at all as they will not attend anyway.

Thank you.

I would like to attend with my wife.

Thank you.

giagsou moray...can i come with you? i,m shyrolleyes.gif

Thank you.

giagsou moray...can i come with you? i,m shyrolleyes.gif

First......It's giasou vre................mory, is for a woman.

Second, if you behave yourself and be a good boy.......you can come with me.

Oh boy, this could be good. Assuming I'll escape from the customer's site in time I'll drop by. Even on a Friday night, no problem using BRT/BTS smile.png

Mind you, I already have one serious complaint

"Just show the Thaivisa Connect App installed on your smartphone or tablet at the Lounge Bar and get your 15% discount on all food and drinks from now on."

I have a ZXQ mobile phone, so forget the TV Connect App. I can show my HP Elitebook840 which I'm now using to connect via trueWIFI instead though and I would assume proving I'm really uncle rubl I still get the 15% discount? To us Dutch people that's just as important as being there rolleyes.gif

Stay dry outside, wet inside and keep smiling,

uncle rubl

"are we going to feel like sardines?"

Assuming I get there,biggrin.png my experience with BTS at rush hour will come in handy

• Like 1

Wow - There has been quite the response on this thread which is quite positive to see. I hope this venture is successful! I have been following the Hua Hin Lounge on Facebook, and some of the pictures look quite good. Given that I live in Bangkok, I haven't had a chance to visit yet. It looks like I won't have to venture down to Hua Hin now!

Given that this is July 4th and I am American, I can't stay too long. Will you guys have some sort of 4th of July promotions for Americans as well?

You can sign me up. I will show up to check the place out with my wife. It should breathe a little bit of life into Soi 7 which is slowly beginning to look like it is dying a slow, painful death! LoL! See you guys there. I have the app on my phone already!

smileplur +1

I might show up on the opening night if I am in town....not sure yet but anyhow will drop by soon after if not.

Hey George....how about a discount based on number of posts?....surely us loyal hardworking members should be rewarded!....

• Like 1

I might show up on the opening night if I am in town....not sure yet but anyhow will drop by soon after if not.

Hey George....how about a discount based on number of posts?....surely us loyal hardworking members should be rewarded!....

Smokes, you lose bonus points for not answering post # 227.

The (in)correct answer would have been The Honey, a better answer would be The Nana.

Smokes, you lose bonus points for not answering post # 227.

The (in)correct answer would have been The Honey, a better answer would be The Nana.

Just to clarify...if I'm in town I will be staying the night in the Sofitel.....same crawl home from my favourite haunts....just better mini bar and breakfast.

v

if I'm in bkk. I think I will be. + 5 we will pay our own way . and where is parking?

Parking is a difficult one. There used to be a great little lot that was a hidden gem. It was difficult to spot from the soi. I have never seen it full. Due to the construction / demolition of the shopping area and restaurant, I am not sure if it is still there or not. It used to be tucked in behind the food court / restaurant behind the Krungsri ATM next to the hotel almost opposite the Soi 7 Beer Garden. Can anyone confirm the existence of this parking lot? Is it still there?

My second choice would be to loop around going down Soi 5 and back up Soi 7. I can usually find a spot along the side of the road back there. Sometimes it is full.

The third choice that comes to mind is Foodland on Soi 5. You used to be able to park upstairs. Since their renovations, I don't know if this is possible! Ha! It seems I don't know much these days! Can you still park above Foodland?

Otherwise, you can park above Villa on Soi 11. I use that lot pretty frequently when I am there for a short period of time. I just buy a bottle of wine or something at Villa that I can't get at most other places. I would buy it anyway. I just wait to buy it until I need to park a car in that area.

The main reason I stopped driving my car to that area is the parking situation. If I need to go to lower Sukhumvit, I take my motorbike. Then, parking becomes much easier. Even that is becoming a bit problematic these days. Twice in the last week, cops have given me a hassle because I parked where I shouldn't; although, I have been parking in these places for many years without a problem. They are continuing their crackdown on illegal parking I guess.

Thanks guys, sat here trying to talk myself out of a Fri-Sun trip to Bangkok 4th July weekend & you bar-stewards dangle this carrot in my face!!!

If I can resist, I'll see you guys wknd 25th-28th (Monday being a public holiday:) ) if not, it will just be me, myself & I