School beating

luudee

For the sake of all the children in the class and future classes the police have to be consulted on this.

That is disgraceful. The more parents are involved in there children's education the better they do so

of course you/wife should supervise homework time but this guy is a sadist.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To. Robroona

You have made my point well. FYI I am a retired amry general. I only wish I had had you in my barricks. Then we would see if you would speak disrespectful like this!! I think not.

Going by your remarks I suggest you should go try some time where "DISCIPLINE" is taught. Then everyone could judge you for what you are.

No I am not going to make this a "Slinging Match" with you, I am far too busy to communicate with "UNDISCIPLINED" people like yourself.

Im off to Dinner at Barricks in BKK

Go and see the headmaster with the photos and tell him/her that if it ever happens again the police will be called.

Although corporal punishment is illegal in Thailand a smack on the hand with a ruler is quite common. This however is assault. Forget the school because they will all cover each other. Go straight to the Police station and the teacher will be arrested. However, it might make future like for the bit in the school difficult with the other teachers.

Personally I would straight to the cop shop.

SDM

For the sake of all the children in the class and future classes the police have to be consulted on this.

That is disgraceful. The more parents are involved in there children's education the better they do so

It seems Thailand,s education system is based on piss poor teaching standards where teachers are not hired for their ability but more on the who will do the job the cheapest.

Thailand needs to to root out these piss poor teachers, and the headmasters who turn a blind eye to beatings and incompetence, so these kids who will be Thailand's bread winners of tomorrow have a better education, the better these kids are educated the better Thailand's future.

Clipping a child behind the ear as a spontaneous reaction to naughtiness is one thing, but giving him a damned good belting for getting his maths wrong just prove the teachers inability to teach.

"If this is true, then I doubt that anything less than a good beating of this teacher would satisfy most western parents. You send your kids to school to learn and become educated socially and academically, not to be beaten and abused - by anybody. I'm ok with parents giving their own kids a clip around the ear when it's necessary, but that is reserved for parents only. This teacher needs taking for a picnic with the other fruitcake in a precious thread ( Postman Alcky ) and sorting out properly !"

So lets get this right. You would condone physical violence against women in this case?

If it was my kid beaten black and blue

You would not be able to stop me from hurting who ever assaulted and abused my kid in such way !!!

What ever your choice may be OP

Do not let that monster of a person get away with this if the law don't protect the kids SOMEONE have to

Bless you for bringing this out in the open

• Like 1

It seems Thailand,s education system is based on piss poor teaching standards where teachers are not hired for their ability but more on the who will do the job the cheapest.

Thailand needs to to root out these piss poor teachers, and the headmasters who turn a blind eye to beatings and incompetence, so these kids who will be Thailand's bread winners of tomorrow have a better education, the better these kids are educated the better Thailand's future.

Clipping a child behind the ear as a spontaneous reaction to naughtiness is one thing, but giving him a damned good belting for getting his maths wrong just prove the teachers inability to teach.

In a school system where it's basically impossible to fail a student in any subject most of the teachers try to do the best of the situation.

But you are right to some part because there are many older teachers that have just given up.

In the college where I teach the students in my class have studied about cells and genetics in 3 different subjects for the past 2 months and they still don't know what DNA is, if bacteria have a eukaryotic or prokaryotic cell structure ore the parts in a cell.

And in English where they know the meaning of "How are you?" and "today" but ad it together to "How are you today?" and they are just clueless.

And still the students don't care when you ask as they know that they will pass the subjects!?!?

How do you think that makes the teachers that have been teaching for maybe 20-30years feel? We have 3 in my college that basically just wait so that they can get their pension, 2 have their PHD from studying abroad and now just feel so disappointed with the system and the behavior of the students.

I ask my students every day "How are you today!" and still after 2 months I must explain for some students! And I don't even teach English...

I gave them an assignment in computer class where they where supposed to use excel, I gave them the formula for the equation the only thing they needed to do was change it from row to row. For 10 rows it took them 2 hours and explainging about 10 times on how to wright it because " =A1-(A1*0,3)"

If I must explain that 10 times am I the bad teacher or are they bad students?!

Two posts removed, one a personal attack the other spelling police.

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

There is one or two foundations Pattaya I have read about, One is something

like "Women and Children Protective Services" and the other one is named after

some person ...

I see them periodically being mentioned in various posts, but of course now

that I want to find them, can't find either one ...

If anybody knows them and/ or a link to them, I'd appreciate it.

PS: It was a female teacher who did the beating, and apparently there are

3 more kids who got it worth ... great way to develop a math phobia ...

luudee

Sounds like a frustrated bitch

Difficult to imagine this was done in full view of the other students, but that's exactly how we were caned back in the 70s in Oz. We even had one psycho who used to get a run up - cricket style - from outside the classroom. Hurt like hell in Winter - lots of hands being rubbed feverishly the morning after a maths test and our French teacher didnt even restrict himself to caning people at the start of class - his specialty was rapping you on the knuckles with a piece of wood the mad bastard carried expressly for that purpose. Sadistic mofos, but any new teacher who didnt accept that 'discipline' was part of the curriculum was clearly seen as a lesser being. Interesting times.

Apologies to any Monty Python fans out there, but tell that to young kids today and they wont believe you.

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Luxury

• Like 1

The boys father needs to do the right thing and give the teacher a good leathering.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you won't do it yourself, hire some distant relatives to follow the teacher until they can nab him. Then rip his shirt off and do the same... place a picture of your son in front of his weeping eyes...

• Like 2

Difficult to imagine this was done in full view of the other students, but that's exactly how we were caned back in the 70s in Oz. We even had one psycho who used to get a run up - cricket style - from outside the classroom. Hurt like hell in Winter - lots of hands being rubbed feverishly the morning after a maths test and our French teacher didnt even restrict himself to caning people at the start of class - his specialty was rapping you on the knuckles with a piece of wood the mad bastard carried expressly for that purpose. Sadistic mofos, but any new teacher who didnt accept that 'discipline' was part of the curriculum was clearly seen as a lesser being. Interesting times.

Apologies to any Monty Python fans out there, but tell that to young kids today and they wont believe you.

how many kids would be needed to take down a teacher off school grounds ?

My younger brother was threatend by the same teacher from the 1. grade til the 9. grade end of his schooltime.

I the 6. grade he gave my Brother(12yo.) a slap on the ceek without a real reason.

My brother react immediately in affect and hit him once with all his anger angry.gif he add over years on his Solarplexus.

My brother was is these time still a small guy but sporty and was then running away.

The teacher was k.o. on the bottom.

After this case my brother had to go to the school director and he told him that he is suspended from the school.

The Director had sent then a letter the parents to call them in for a meeting.

My mother was going there and then the Director told her, that he is kicked out of the school.

My mother told then the director "If my son have to leave this school, then I will file a report to the education department and then the teacher will getting disciplinary punishment and have to leave the school also."

Result: Director got red in the face angry.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gif , teacher white face sick.gif .

Answer director: I have to give our son an admonishment.

Answer my mother: I give a damn as long my son is not threatend anymore.

In this time in germany was forbidden any punishment from teachers for long time already.

My Recommendation:

Go and file this case into the School.

If there is nothing happend to teacher, then involve press and police etc.

Anyway after this case is solved or earlier move the boy to another school,

caused maybe the teacher collegues are there still an internal mafia.

My brother was threatend by all his teachers, until he left the school 9. grade, not direct, but in the exerminations results every half year. hit-the-fan.gif

On reflection OP, I think your nephew isn't being honest with you.

Kids do not get beaten when they fail exams.

If you take this matter up with the police or school headmaster, I think much more will come out regarding this beating.

Anyway honest or not, the teachers don't having the right to punish hard as this case, we don't talking about a simple slap onto the cheek.

Get the full story first.

Do you speak fluent Thai? Does your nephew speak fluent English? Who else have you spoken to to corroborate his story?

Language is not the problem, the kind of punishment is the case a hard it is the problem.

The teaches don't having any rights to do this.

• Like 1

In another culture, close to Thailand, in Vietnam, that picture would mean that the lad got a health treatment and would be thankful for getting it. When they have a pesky cold, it is a custom to use coins or metal name tags, like GI dog tags, to scrape the back, the neck or face until the skin is bleeding. Strange but true, they really believe that it has a healing effect for the whole body. I have pictures of my GF after she gave herself that treatment. I refused and she cried big tears that she missed her mother who normally does this for her. I will not show the pictures but you can look it up.

suction cups are also in use in the streets of Saigon.

How do you know it doesn't work if you never tried. No thanks, I did not.

PS you sure the op's photo shows abuse or healing?wai2.gif

This is not a case for any funny comments.angry.gif

There is more to the story. If at all it was a teacher, there was more than a bad test result.

My kid goes to Aksorn on Teprasit and all the teachers seem very polite, and most classes seem to have two teachers, so would need to have two bad ones together.

I would go straight to the school for the answer. If they did do it, I would then go to the police.

Then maybe as you head off you will get a correction to the story.

Does'nt matter what was happend there is no reason to punish a kid like this case and not from a teacher at all.

• Like 1

Listen, I feel bad for you but please don't listen to the bad advice you received on this forum. Let me help you think this through a bit.

First of all, no violence, no raising of voices. You must deal with this in a civilised way.

This is a very strong allegation and it will be met with equally strong excuses and resistance by the school and teacher who's lives and livelihoods are at stake.

You believe your son but your belief will not be enough to solve the problem. You need to get the parents of as many kids as possible together to approach the school so the teacher who apparently has been doing this for years (and knows how to deflect actions from angry parents) will not be able to wriggle his way out of it this time.

Try to gather as much testimony and evidence from other parents as possible and then, together, you and the other parents approach the school headmaster. It should be made clear that this type of teaching method is not only unacceptable, but also that specific steps should be taken to reform the teacher and controls put in place so that if the teacher ever does it again, he be severely punished.

Your goal here is to show the children some adult, civilised justice and problem solving. Taking out the baseball bat as some TV cavemen suggest would do nothing more than to teach the children that you address thuggery with additional thuggery.

Be prepared for strong denial on likely the school's part (face) and teacher's part (he/she wants to stay gainfully employed).

Do not yell and scream (this is Thailand and you will just be written off as a crazy farang) do not get excited. The most threatening posture possible in this culture is ice cold calmness and talking to the point.

My kids go to Aksorn in Pattaya and lately my kids say the Thai teachers spank their hand for getting the answer wrong (despite my 9 year old saying he was correct and actually the teacher wrong). SO this strikes a chord with me and we should deal with it.

All of us concerned parents can cooperate and do some good and going down to the level of the teacher will not solve anything.

I disagree with every word of that. If anyone did that to my child they would be suffering right now. End of.

• Like 1

It amazes me how so many grown men talk about going and giving the said teacher a good kicking.

QUOTE: by the OP in post #15

"PS: It was a female teacher who did the beating, and apparently there are 3 more kids who got it worth ... great way to develop a math phobia ..."

I do hope the OP's family did take it to the police, Thailand needs rid of piss poor teachers like that.

Perhaps just confront the teacher and let her know the photo was distributed thoughout Thailand, and a copy sent to the local police who have jurisdiction over her school. That much lashing on the back is reminiscent of captain's mast for sailors on the HMS Bounty.... not for kids.

• Like 1

I don't approve of beating students but I understand the teachers who does it!!!

But I would not think this beating is from a bad test result because then the teacher don't just need to get removed from her post but then she need a psychological exam too.

A large percentage of the Thai students don't behave well in class and many parents just don't care, just blaming the teachers for everything! So I say that we can fire all teachers behaving badly and kick out all the students that don't behave well in school to!

I have one student, a girl she have been absent more than 30% of the time this semester. We have addressed the problem to her mother with the answer that we have nothing to do with that and she expect her daughter to get good grades!?!?!? According to the rules from MOE a student need atleast 80% attendance to take the final exams and without a final exam the grade would be 0...

Another student, a boy he is always late, never does homework, can't sit still, sneaks out of the classrooms, fighting with others and simply have not learned/remember anything from so far of this semester and his parent's said it's the teachers fault that he is not learning. They let him live with his grandmother as they have no time to take care of him... His grandmother is 83 and just see her little angel in the boy!

So as I said I understand that there are teachers who beats the students

Hello Everybody !!!

First of all thank you all for your support and suggestions !

I am truly overwhelmed !

As I said in my original post, this was my nephew. I did relay all the recommendations

and suggestions to the Thai side of the family but had to respect what they decide to do.

Which was unfortunately not enough (in my opinion). They went to the school, to complain.

Apparently the teacher was very apologetic and sorry. And it was enough for the Thais

to settle the matter at this point.

Not enough in my opinion, I would have liked to see her be fired at least ... But I can

not force the Thais to fight either ...

I did name the school in the original post, so I hope that will make the rounds eventually ...

Again, many , many thanks to all of you for your support, it means a lot !

Thank YOU!

luudee

Thanks for coming back with an update. I am sure that the Thai guardians still have their reservations but the teacher should have realised that they are 'on notice' with regard to this particular kid. I know that this maybe won't stop the teacher doing it again with some other unfortunate child but we trust that you have instilled in your nephew the full appreciation of how wrong this teacher was and although he may no longer be a victim, he won't hold back on reporting if he witnesses it again.

• Like 1

You must get a hospital report and keep all original evidence in a file. Evidence especially photos have a way of going missing. The human rights office and lawyers council of Thailand would probably be your best bet for a civil suit. The boy would need to change school immediately to prevent intimidation. This is not at all legal or acceptable in thai law or society. After you have a lawyer file a police report. Be careful of unscrupulous lawyers who will gladly part you of your money. I have only heard good things about The lawyers council. Be sure it was the teacher and not a family member covering their own self. Have you asked the teacher your self.

• Like 1