Not a Troll-Post! Farang Traffic Police Bike Patrol!

moonseeker

There are now many police divisions using foreign help - The Tourist Police, The Traffic Police, The Highway Police and the regular Police at Soi 9, Banglamung and Nongprue stations who use The Foreign Police Volunteers. Each has a different set of uniform badges, procedures, conduct code, responsibilities, reporting and quality of training. To lump them all into one category is not very meaningful but it is recognized by all these groups that recruiting the perfect person is difficult and in any group some will be better than others. That they all fully fund their own uniforms, any equipment and their travel costs yet receive nothing but misunderstanding (and often worse) has to be taken into account. You don't have to like them but most do try to provide real assistance to foreigners and all are under their Thai counterparts' strict orders and existing only with the relevant Thai police division's wishes. My view is that any issues with any one volunteer should be taken up with the relevant supervising Thai police division directly. Many dismissals have followed from such actions and that's the route to take in my opinion.

• Like 1

Then you haven't been down WS and seen them talking a drunken hot-head out of not paying his bartab and thus risking being banged up in Soi 9 by real cops.

Or advising some young lads that those hot girls aren't girls.

Or being called to visit Pattaya Remand prison on a Sunday afternoon when he cold have been home with the family because the cops needed an interpreter for someone banged up getting a visit from their Consular rep.

Or attending a meeting in a hospital ER where some hyperventilating tourist wants to sue the hospital for misdiagnosis and not accepting their insurance and not speaking English.

And the best one was stopping a foreign lady from going down Soi 6 to 'sort out' the tart that her foreign boyfriend got busted banging when he had lied to her he was off to play golf. The same evening, a repeat call at their hotel where she was beating the piss out of her boyfriend.

No, they don't do much good at all.

Sounds like you're part of the team

No. I am oilfield trash and wouldn't be seen dead pretending to be anything else. But one of my oldest and best friends is and has been for a long time.

There's probably more than a little truth to the fact that some haven't the most altruistic reasons for doing what they do.

It's easier to know one personally and withhold judgement on the ones you don't know than to know none of them and despise them all.

There is some truth in your comment, but even without knowing any personally, we all know quite a few of them that have hit the news for all the wrong reasons isn't it ?

Let me add to that, that I know two who are from my home country, who if I say they didn't qualify for a police job at home, means I have stated it very gently.

Ah well, I guess you've got me there since I never had any criminals as acquaintances back in my home country.

There are now many police divisions using foreign help - The Tourist Police, The Traffic Police, The Highway Police and the regular Police at Soi 9, Banglamung and Nongprue stations who use The Foreign Police Volunteers. Each has a different set of uniform badges, procedures, conduct code, responsibilities, reporting and quality of training. To lump them all into one category is not very meaningful but it is recognized by all these groups that recruiting the perfect person is difficult and in any group some will be better than others. That they all fully fund their own uniforms, any equipment and their travel costs yet receive nothing but misunderstanding (and often worse) has to be taken into account. You don't have to like them but most do try to provide real assistance to foreigners and all are under their Thai counterparts' strict orders and existing only with the relevant Thai police division's wishes. My view is that any issues with any one volunteer should be taken up with the relevant supervising Thai police division directly. Many dismissals have followed from such actions and that's the route to take in my opinion.

Good proposition and probably doable by somebody with your experience. But many residents are afraid of taking action, fear reprisals by the few bad guys, there are 2 or 3 that are known allover town. Have any ever been dismissed? I know of a few that have left, but under pressure or not?

I personally welcome anybody helping anybody in need, if they want to wear a uniform to do so, they should just behave accordingly. Is there such a need of misc. groups of police on Walking Street? Just seen a new one the other night. A blond lady with another foreigner. Thappraya??!? And so many tourist police? If they had a Pro instructing them, the setup and presentation would be much different. There are excellent examples in cities allover the world.

Anyway, we were talking about traffic control, which affects us all. Welcome to any decent new traffic cop, Thai or not.......:-) MS>

Sounds like you're part of the team

No. I am oilfield trash and wouldn't be seen dead pretending to be anything else. But one of my oldest and best friends is and has been for a long time.

There's probably more than a little truth to the fact that some haven't the most altruistic reasons for doing what they do.

It's easier to know one personally and withhold judgement on the ones you don't know than to know none of them and despise them all.

There is some truth in your comment, but even without knowing any personally, we all know quite a few of them that have hit the news for all the wrong reasons isn't it ?

Let me add to that, that I know two who are from my home country, who if I say they didn't qualify for a police job at home, means I have stated it very gently.

Ah well, I guess you've got me there since I never had any criminals as acquaintances back in my home country.

Where did I say that they were aquaintances of me ? You must have lost your reading glasses.

Well for this one you don't need reading glasses.

There is a volunteer in soi 9 who has the nickname the Baron.

On his black Harley he has on both sides written in BIG white letters .

Don't <deleted> with the baron .

Any idea about the meaning of that ?

• Like 1

Good proposition and probably doable by somebody with your experience. But many residents are afraid of taking action, fear reprisals by the few bad guys, there are 2 or 3 that are known allover town. Have any ever been dismissed? I know of a few that have left, but under pressure or not?

I got one of the Walking St guys dismissed so it can happen. Its always worth making a complaint because often no one else is aware of what they are doing. This particular guy was relying on people being too afraid to report him and it eventually backfired on him.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where did I say that they were aquaintances of me ? You must have lost your reading glasses.

Well for this one you don't need reading glasses.

There is a volunteer in soi 9 who has the nickname the Baron.

On his black Harley he has on both sides written in BIG white letters .

Don't <deleted> with the baron .

Any idea about the meaning of that ?

>>>>

This wanna-be has a reputation as a bad bully. We know him well. Dutch or Belgium?

He also drives a blue truck with fake bullet-holes and tons of police-stickers on it. On top of that he shows off various police hats, insignia on the dashboard. This idiot is mentioned in other forums and posts in detail. Known to abuse his position all day long at every possible occasion. Going on for years. Using various uniforms and police-shirts with phantasy-names & titles, such as Criminal Investigator International Unit or similar. Police superiors should start with this rotten p. o. sh.! Know a few fellows who would be happy to see him defrocked. He acts up really bad in a couple of bars and restaurants owned by friends, can be very intimidating top Pattaya newbies. B.

Edited by denverbob

That particular individual had a few friends at Soi 9 station but he has run out of those under the new Superintendent and he is not affiliated with any recognized foreign volunteer group even though he does some translation work with his very average Thai language skills at the Court from time to time. He lives in his own fantasy world.

Even the Thai cops think these guys are a joke. I asked one where's your gun? Oh I keep it at home. I see they let you carry a whistle though.

What they are accomplishing I don't know. Got better things to do with my time.

Cockroaches.

The point is they only do it for some power and the yearly Non Imm B visa. Saw a couple today around the market at Soi Bhuakhao. One looked like he was going fall over he was so old and tired. The other guy was attempting to guide traffic on Pattaya Tai at a point where there is no junction.....errrrmmm blink.png

I had one run in with one on walking street years ago and I simply asked him why does he want to be a pig in Thailand but more worringly an unpaid pig....didnt get the best of responses.

Edited by stephenwithaph