Sophon Lotus channel

vickersvc10

I have just disovered the Lotus Macau channel on Sophon cable tv. But what I want to find out is how to view the Lotus program. I asked at the Sophon office if they knew the prog website but got a "mai lieu" response! There are some fantastic films on Lotus (e.g. Shawshank Redemption, The 39 Steps), but it would be great to know what's coming up. Any ideas?

• Like 1

I've recently begun watching the Lotus channel. Overall, better than anything else on Sophon. In my building and my TV it's channel 56. For a neighbour in the same complex it's 58.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

The Schedule (from post #4) doesn't seem to be accurate.

As just now the movie "Saints and Soldiers" has started which isn't in the Schedule for Today.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Edited by MJCM

I found the accurate Movie listing, but there is one problem ...... it's in Chinese facepalm.gif

http://www.lotustv.cc/index.php/Public/program

Edit: // Added Ps:

Ps: And before someone comes and asks how do you know it's the Movie Listing.

Follow these simple steps

1- Turn your TV to channel (xx) <- where Lotus Macau channel is.

2- Open the website

3- Look at the website and at the TV and you will see that the website (with a delay of 10 seconds orso) displays the movie currently playing.

Edited by MJCM

offtopic2.gif

If you use Google Translate on that page it translates to some very strange things

For example: The movie that started at 17:40 which was "Garfield" translates to "pet of the most" and the next movie which starts at 20:05 translates to "Classic cinema "identity confusion Ⅰ" which my guess is "The Bourne Identity" but we have to wait and see biggrin.png

• Like 1

The Schedule (from post #4) doesn't seem to be accurate.

That schedule may be for some variant channel transmitted from another satellite. I wonder where the poster gets the info from? He seems to update it every day.

Probably a digression from the Sophon topic, but you can also get this channel free-to-air on satellite.

Asiasat 7 (replaced 3S) at 105.5 East

3880 H
DVB-S/MPEG-2
DVB-S/MPEG-4 27500 3/4

This website provides an English guide, but I'm not sure whether it is maintained consistently.

http://dishtuners.com/Thread-LOTUS-MACAU-Daily-Movie-Schedule?page=2

You have to go to the last page of the post (about p 25)

Edit: Sorry I now see the website is already mentioned in post#4, It may be that the discrepancies noted by the poster arise because the Asiasat 7 version is different from the Sophon version.

Edited by citizen33

• 1 month later...

Well, Lotus Macau has disappeared from channel 56 (in my apartment service). I went through all the channels one by one and it's gone. Anyone else have the same issue. Looks to be some Thai talk channel on last night and this morning. Of course, perusing the Sophon web site is useless.

I think the general/prime minister allowed a certain number Thai stations to broadcast again , and so i think sophon removed the lotus channel instead , i liked lotus also very much as they gave great movies who where not dubbed to Thai language ....., unless lotus is now somwhere elses , but also i can not find it anymore .....i know it was a sat channel

• Like 1

You may be correct, david555, about the replacement channel. Before Lotus Macau came on, I was getting sick of the Russification of Sophon, poor broadcast signal and repetitive programming, not to forget the third-class technical management. I'd been giving serious thought to subscribing to my own service, either IPTV or True Visions. Lotus was a breath of fresh air and cause me to pause in my deliberations. Well, when I'm back from the home country the end of this month, I will sign up for something else.

• Like 1

yep, gone, sadly, that's 25% less English movies sad.png

maybe if someone called and requested it back as suggested?

Sophon might of been getting it illegally, I love how they use illegally downloaded movies on the other 2 english movie channels I get. You have 3?

I did, too, have 4 English movie channels on my service: 1, 26 and 40, plus the MIA Lotus. I only know the channel numbers since the names of the services were largely irrelevant. Tonight I'm really missing Lotus because of the crap repeats.

• Like 1

yep, gone, sadly, that's 25% less English movies sad.png

maybe if someone called and requested it back as suggested?

Sophon might of been getting it illegally, I love how they use illegally downloaded movies on the other 2 english movie channels I get. You have 3?

I did, too, have 4 English movie channels on my service: 1, 26 and 40, plus the MIA Lotus. I only know the channel numbers since the names of the services were largely irrelevant. Tonight I'm really missing Lotus because of the crap repeats.

I also had the 4 - but with different channel numbers. I even did a fresh scan about a month ago on both TVs in the house (on the same day) and still ended up with different channel numbers after about channel 20 so on one TV one of the film channels is on 28 and the other 29...... Anybody know how this can happen?

Lotus Macau channel shows movie blockbusters. There is often a gap between movies of approx. 20-30 minutes of Chinese TV. But other than that it is great for the movies. I have been able to view this channel in Bang Saray for the last 4 months. Plus, now they are showing live EPL games via CTH for free on Bang saray cable. Happy days............while it lasts.